PDA

View Full Version : I hope this is an Urban Legend

terryJones
4th Dec 2006, 18:29
Whilst putting the world to rights in the Supermarket queue today, someone said that apart from the PC lot having changed the dateing system at Cheddar Gorge from B.C. to just showing the age from the present, the other lot have now started whinging about the design of one of our Christmas stamps.

Capt. Queeg
4th Dec 2006, 19:12
Kick 'em out, mate.

Send them all back to whence they came, where they can revel in being miserable... :ok:

Then we'll all be where we want to be this year and there'll be peace on earth and goodwill to all men .

And by the way, a Merry Christmas to all of you... It's that time of year where we give a thought to Jesus and all He did. Yabbadabbadoo....

VFE
4th Dec 2006, 20:21
Yeah, there's no religious references on this years crimbo stamps. They dropped a bit of a rickett if ya asks me - seeing as it's a religious festival an' all that.

VFE.

Tolsti
4th Dec 2006, 21:28
Apparently the Post Office now alternate the Christmas stamps. One year they'll have a religious theme, the next not. Apparently it reflects the cultural mixture that we now have.

Well, seeing as the other lot(s) aren't going to be sending Christmas cards anyway, AND the normal stamps are still available.... why the pandering?

Bartender
4th Dec 2006, 21:41
Christmas is a time when people of all religions get together to worship Jesus Christ.
Before I get slated, my Muslim friend laughed too.
Huw

BlooMoo
4th Dec 2006, 21:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Simpson
Christmas is a time when people of all religions get together to worship Jesus Christ.
Before I get slated, my Muslim friend laughed too.
Huw

Knee-jerk reactions aside, but as a question, especially to our Muslim oriented cousins, what would Islam have against JC? He's not the Islamic equivalent of the AntiChrist is he? No, in fact he seems quite high up the hierarchy, is he (or she) allegedly not?

BM:confused:

assasin8
4th Dec 2006, 22:12
Should we take to the steets now, and start burning stuff ???
:rolleyes:

matt_hooks
4th Dec 2006, 22:25
I've got first dibs on the burning of effigies, the rest of you can share out the flags and banners!

Now where DID I put that A4 pic of El Tonio??? :E

EDIspotter
4th Dec 2006, 22:38
Apparently the Post Office now alternate the Christmas stamps. One year they'll have a religious theme, the next not. Apparently it reflects the cultural mixture that we now have.

Well, seeing as the other lot(s) aren't going to be sending Christmas cards anyway, AND the normal stamps are still available.... why the pandering?

My own views... we are in a Christian country..those who dont like it dont have to participate....those who are "offended" by it should either gain some respect or go elsewhere.

tony draper
4th Dec 2006, 23:23
We are twenty years to late for taking to the streets.:rolleyes:
Sorry, make that thirty years

John Prescott
5th Dec 2006, 00:02
But Monsieur Draper,that would imply that your generation are in fact to blame for all this-by not protesting loudly enough 30 years ago!

tony draper
5th Dec 2006, 00:26
yer need to go back further than thirty years for my generation. :E

Wipeout
5th Dec 2006, 01:10
My own views... we are in a Christian country..those who dont like it dont have to participate....those who are "offended" by it should either gain some respect or go elsewhere.

The views of the majority. Unfortunately, its not us who's in charge...:*

Now, wheres my pitchfork?

Foss
5th Dec 2006, 03:43
Well best not put Santa on. He's German apparently and they blitzed us. Only thing coming down our chimney was a sizable bomb.
Perhaps that's were the Donner and Blitzen thing comes from.
You're dead meat and there's going to be a loud bang in second.
FosI'll get me coat. It'll be coal for me this Christmas.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
5th Dec 2006, 04:14
My own views... we are in a Pagan country..those who dont like it dont have to participate....those who are "offended" by it should either gain some respect or go elsewhere.