PDA

View Full Version : ISK travel policy

nimblast
4th Dec 2006, 12:27
I thought that when the JPA system started it was to bring into line the travel allowences of all the three services and all the local station rules were thrown away. ISK has now reinstated the 'costs within rail' and is refusing to pay MMA. Have all 3 services introduced this rule or is it just ISK creating its own rules again?

Had Enough 77
4th Dec 2006, 12:58
Always have, and the powers that be will probably always will.
Not only do you have to live in the back of beyond but you lose out when you go anywhere on duty in your car. Another great morale booster.:ugh:

Wader2
4th Dec 2006, 13:20
My travel policy is quite simple. They pay; I go.

They don't pay . . . :}

brit bus driver
4th Dec 2006, 13:45
Costs within rail? Qu'est-ce que s'est?

MMA - motor mileage allowance? Easy, get an MT vehicle. (Or perhaps not, but you get the drift)

Pontius Navigator
4th Dec 2006, 17:16
Costs within rail? Qu'est-ce que s'est?
MMA - motor mileage allowance? Easy, get an MT vehicle. (Or perhaps not, but you get the drift)

Where can you drive to from ISK? Why would they want you to drive?

Anyway, MT or hire car is great for time off. Crew duty rules are far stricter for driving a lethal weapons than flying a decrepit Nimblebomber.

Drive through main gate at start work - 0800.
Arrive MT 0815.
Get car and DI same 0845
To whereever and depart main gate at 0915.

1100 - stop for advisory rest break.
1115 - resume
1230 - stop for mandatory lunch break
1345 - resume
1500 - stop for advisory rest break and comfort stop.
1515 - check duty day remaining - only 3hr 45 min left
1730 - stop for tea
1800 - resume
1845 - arrive o/n accommodation

6 hr 45 min driving - 40 mph = 270 miles.

Day 2 resume journey and depending on how far you might get some work in.
Either o/n or depart for an en route o/n stop by 1900.

Day 3 resume with another o/n near Edinburgh.

You might even stretch it to 4 days for one days work. A few nights IE and Hotac will soon get them changing the plot.

toddbabe
4th Dec 2006, 18:54
PN When you travel in your own car you are subject to the same rules as mt, when you fill in your paperwork they calculate your average speed and work in the stops that you should take.
Also most stations depending on RANK of course insist that you hand the hire car into my when yo get to the station that you are visiting, even if it means that it sits idle in the mt yard for the duration whilst you wait for busses.:ugh:

toddbabe
4th Dec 2006, 18:58
Where can you drive to from ISK? Why would they want you to drive?

What do you mean where can you drive to? anywhere they bloody choose to send you, its easy to see that you aren't a junior rank, we dont get to fly everywhere you know.
Almost everytime a crew deploys they get bussed for 12 hours to the Airhead at brize before waiting anothrer ten hours if they are lucky for their flight.

1771 DELETE
4th Dec 2006, 22:48
I thought that when the JPA system started it was to bring into line the travel allowences of all the three services and all the local station rules were thrown away. ISK has now reinstated the 'costs within rail' and is refusing to pay MMA. Have all 3 services introduced this rule or is it just ISK creating its own rules again?

Nothings changed then !,the staish always seems to have the right to go down his own route to save money , saving money is just a way for him to get on the next rung, in the old days all he needed was a good taceval:*

vecvechookattack
4th Dec 2006, 23:25
Saving money is a way to get promoted ???? Codswallop

I wish it was so easy.

Pontius Navigator
5th Dec 2006, 06:55
PN When you travel in your own car you are subject to the same rules as mt, when you fill in your paperwork they calculate your average speed and work in the stops that you should take.
Also most stations depending on RANK of course insist that you hand the hire car into my when yo get to the station that you are visiting, even if it means that it sits idle in the mt yard for the duration whilst you wait for busses.:ugh:

True to a point however the 11 hour rule is mandatory for MT and MOD Hire but only advisory for private car. For instance as you pass Aviemore, homebound, if you hit the 11 hours duty period you are legally required to stop driving the MT vehicle. If it is your own car then you will no doubt take the risk.

If you sign off at ISK after 10.59 then you can happily jump in your own car and drive home.

If you fly in to Brize you can no longer self-drive back to base as they know you will be out of time. You either night stop at Brize or someone collects, or you go by train.

When I said where do you drive from ISK? I was partly joking. True I flew from time to time but usually in one of the comfy seats in the cabin. If I was going out of country :} by land I would go by train. In my day the A9 was a challenge all its own.