PDA

View Full Version : Etihad vs Qatar

appkung
4th Dec 2006, 04:29
Anyone could tell me about these two arabia airways,which one should I attend?

:}

Thanx for yr ops

salamalikum2
4th Dec 2006, 04:31
Avoid Qatar airways..thats the best advice i can give you....
cheers.

Capt.Tentacles
4th Dec 2006, 05:24
Avoid Qatar airways..thats the best advice i can give you....
cheers.

How about the rest of the advice? Why?

appkung
4th Dec 2006, 13:39
Actually, I heard from many ppl in my country n some of them I know closely about da rumour.I just think that they have bad aspect to Qr,may be the rules r too strict. I wanna try because Etihad airways seems to be a good airlines,but who know that they have poor organization.Why I know? My sis s now working with them n plan to resign soon.So I wanna try to join Qr.

Anyway thanx a lot for your advice,at least u make me know what ppl in other country think about Qr.:ok:

Ana Tia
5th Dec 2006, 20:35
Well if you are from Asia,then working in qr will be ok for you.
But if you are european is hard.
I have friends there and most of them are not happy.
Many rumors,you are not free to say anything,
you are there only to work,not to have private life.
Any one can go to the office and tell them something bad about
you,truth or not,they dont care.And if you get reported by indian
for shure you will leave the company.
They run the show over there.:ugh:
So,think .......
Good luck

appkung
6th Dec 2006, 13:31
thanx a lot u guys for yr comment , I do confuse right now.May be we asian have less choice than u guys in europe.By the way,I gonna try for the best thing

thanx again

apaddyinuk
6th Dec 2006, 17:33
Ex QR crew here.

Dont mistake an airline with brand spanking new planes, wonderful onboard service and lots of little Award stars next to the name as "a good airline to work for" because all these things come with a price and that price is usually the poor treatment of the staff!

QR...Avoid. Do a search on the airline using the pprune search tool and you will find all that has ever been said about the company there and most of it is not nice.

Etihad too has major MAJOR problems at the moment. Perhaps you should try working in your local area first!

flytheplanemay
7th Dec 2006, 04:58
Try Emirates. I think they are the best airline in the Middle East . They are established and pay really well.

Goodluck.

EYtruth
8th Dec 2006, 13:58
Exactly, try Emirates, as they r really the best airline in this region. U work a lot there, but u know why is it like that at the end of the month.

I work for Etihad, and believe me, this company has a huge mess inside, many people r resigning, and most recently, they have problems in recruiting crew and cockpit crew.

CCEY
11th Dec 2006, 05:59
Hi Guys
I am aslo working for EY and I am really enjoying my time here .I am from Western Europe and like it here .
EY is a new airline and you can not expect everything to be settled like if the airline was 20 years old .
Talking about QR , yes I heard it is really bad , really strict.
EK....good money , but lots of work and not so good atmosphere between cc...

CCEY
11th Dec 2006, 07:21
Why are you so negative ?
I mean if you are working with EY and are not happy , then quit !
If you are working with EK and are happy there and then good for you

EY being as strict as QR ? you gotta be kidding me ...

I think that the unhappy crew , who are working in whatever airline will be unhappy anywhere .If you are doing this job for money , then you better find a better job .EY is paying well , it is paying more than any EU airline ( you will never get accomodation included in Europe ) and it is a good experience...it is not perfect tho but right now , I am very happy

Sta_Power
11th Dec 2006, 09:53
well, I'm from Dubai I'm not in the airline industry. :) HOWEVER i do have close friends in both arilines & EK as well. What can be safely said is this: Qatar & EY are well established but have image problems as compared to EK. EY just won best airline of the year taking that title away from EK which could mean that they are doing something right..With regards to CC, as i read earlier, if the person who wasnt happy with the previous company is very unlikely to be satified no matter where they go. The people I know are satified with their respective airlines but do whine occasionally!

AS they say, one man's meat is another man's poison! so go with what u feel is best for you!

All the best!

EYtruth
12th Dec 2006, 17:14

I think that the unhappy crew , who are working in whatever airline will be unhappy anywhere .If you are doing this job for money , then you better find a better job .EY is paying well , it is paying more than any EU airline ( you will never get accomodation included in Europe ) and it is a good experience...it is not perfect tho but right now , I am very happy

Well, the truth is that some of us r stuck here for specific reason, and we can't quit so easily.

Second thing, EY is not a good employer, and everybody knows that. This is something u just can't deny.

Maybe u were lucky to be put in a nice building with nice roommates, but majority is not that lucky. And the way EY treats crew, it's just not right.

Three years for an airline is maybe not a long time, but u need to have consistency if u want to be respected. For a 3 year old company, the mess that EY has inside is too big.

And if u hear a bad thing about EY from 4 people out of 5, than something is definitely wrong with the company.

Speakng about airline awards, the well known fact is , that these awards r beeing bought.

Ana Tia
12th Dec 2006, 17:46

Well sweety,i guess you are new in the middle east.
I am europian and in the middle east long time
working for an airline.
Because you are knew,you are happy.
So good luck in the future.:rolleyes:

CCEY
13th Dec 2006, 05:05
I am not saying EY is the best airline to work for , far from it !
I has its pros and cons .I know we do work a lot and so on and most of the "guests are really difficult on some destinations;)
I dont think 4 people out of 5 are unhappy ...I have met few unhappy but the majority is okay to stay ...anyways , nobody is forcing anyone to stay ..if you hate the job so bad , then just leave it .there are hundreds of people who are waiting for the job.iF you stay for whatever reasons , please stop complaining about everything!
I mean , seriously , go to Europe and work for a low cost airline ...Thats is bad !But here , come on guys , for a few years , it is more than okay .You see the world ,meet people from all over the world and get paid for it .
But maybe the point is that you just dont like beoing a CC ....in that case , no airline will be fine ...
have a good day

Lulu83
25th Dec 2006, 03:56
I am very interested in joining an airline in the region. Either Emirates, Etihad, or Gulf. Please, let me know what you guys think of each. Preferrably, someone who already works for the airline. What are they looking for? Also, what kind of benefits do you get? Do you get free time when you travel far to enjoy the city? Or is this mainly work work work!...

Thanks for your help...anything would be appreciated...

email me : [email protected]