PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair weather problems?

Jamesie
3rd Dec 2006, 20:58
This week we've seen fog and now strong winds affecting Ryanair operations. Yet I still see other airlines operating out of the airports which FR flights are having problems with.

Would anyone like to speculate why Ryanair have these problems and other airlines do not?

CarbHeatIn
3rd Dec 2006, 21:39
All Aer Arann flights were cancelled today and further delays are expected to flights in and out of Dublin Airport that are still operating.

Aer Lingus had 21 inbound flights diverted away from Dublin Airport. A futher 13 inbound flights and 28 outbound were cancelled.

hobie
4th Dec 2006, 17:26
Well I have to say I saw something like two dozen Ryanair aircraft land in the most attrocious conditions yesterday .......

Well done to those ladies and gentlemen on the flight decks .... :ok:

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
4th Dec 2006, 19:31
This week we've seen fog and now strong winds affecting Ryanair operations. Yet I still see other airlines operating out of the airports which FR flights are having problems with.
Would anyone like to speculate why Ryanair have these problems and other airlines do not?

Aircraft types involved???

Company wind limits for landings???

Unlucky to be hit by strong gusts/windshear when trying to land and deciding to divert???