PDA

View Full Version : SA226/227 type rating

volenvrac
3rd Dec 2006, 10:38
Hi everybody,

I would like to know where it's possible to take a SA226/227 type rating in europe. I had already contact TopFly, BenAir, and FLM-Aviation but if you know other airlines or school able to do it, please let me now.

Thanks a lot :ok:

CNTDSCT
3rd Dec 2006, 10:56
HI,

May i know why you are looking for a Metro type rating?Do you have a job offer?What kind of licence do you have?experience?
Regards

volenvrac
3rd Dec 2006, 12:25
that's right, i've got a first officer job offer. the airline is not able to make me take the type rating.
I've got 550h total flight times plus 70h as safety pilot on turboprop.

Finals19
3rd Dec 2006, 16:29
volenvrac...
Well done on the job offer but I am a little confused. If the company runs Metros but is unable to offer you the type rating, what do they do with all their current pilots when it comes to recurrency etc? I assume all these guys were pre-type rated before they came to the company (Metro TR isn't easy to get in Europe either)

In effect they are asking you to go out and buy your TR at your own expense and then they may employ you? I know this happens in other larger companies too but be careful as this one sounds like a smaller operation (Metros?) so just make sure they are serious. What I am really trying to say is that their offer to you sounds a bit strange as if they were really serious about hiring you they would at least work out a bond or some sort of agreement where they would TR you and you would re-pay over time.
Bonne chance mon vieux...:ok:

volenvrac
4th Dec 2006, 08:50
hi,

Thanks for all your advice, i really appreciate it. I promess to be carefull.
But nobody answered to my first question:
"Do you now where i can take a SA226 (merlin/metro) type rating in europe?"

Thanks.