PDA

View Full Version : Skywest

PER210
2nd Dec 2006, 11:49
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone new or heard about any rumours that Skywest is going domestic?
Cheers for your help (if any one helps :) )

skyestorm
3rd Dec 2006, 21:38
hi per210.

i have not heard anything about skywest expanding there destinations....but would be very interested to know.....:)

how did you come across this thought/rumour?

Skystar320
3rd Dec 2006, 22:48
See D & G reporting points.

Rumoured to commence domestic and international operations on the 1st December using A320 equipment, but good luck trying to get a cabin crew position on them. The are ACMI aircraft from europe.

So its the 4th December 2006 now and Skywest has got no A320's is it me or have they forget the daylight savings?

PER210
5th Dec 2006, 11:05
yeh, i was going to say is it December 06 or 07? :)
i heard about it through a person who has got a job offer through them. wasnt sure if it was just rumour though so i thought i'd ask. why wont i be able to get a job with them skystar?

skyestorm
5th Dec 2006, 22:05
well...it doesnt seem that impossible...i just saw on the skywest website a little about skywest in agreement with avion for 4 airbuses (media release 2006-09-06 expansion of fleet).....so it may happen??...but when??...very interesting....
any of u went for the interviews recently??? heard anything lately??

PER210
5th Dec 2006, 23:36
yeh, i read on there website that they were getting 4 Airbusses, well, supposed to of received them already. although, they didnt state whether it was Dec 06 or 07. So maybe they are still with in the timeline they provided... :P
It would be great if they did go domestic.
do you think skywest will be hiring around July next year?

WA-CEET
6th Dec 2006, 11:44
I did hear they had just taken or are about to take on new staff

skyestorm
6th Dec 2006, 22:17
yeah....they've just had a whole lot of interviews.....i think they only recruit once/twice a year so you might be lucky for applying in july????

anymore goss on the airbuses?

PER210
14th Dec 2006, 09:00
on the airbuses, i flew into Perth last night an saw one... but then my plane turned and i could see the tail and it was a qantas plane lol... dont know why it was in the Skywest/Alliance/Virgin Blue terminal though... it was parked with all the regional aircraft...

SkySista
15th Dec 2006, 00:43
PER210, that's where they park the aircraft that are overnighting/not going out right away... i.e. 'overflow', when they do not have the room to park the QF acft overnight... on a regular day you'll see Skywest, Aliance and Virgin Blue there as well... (If you mean over where the DC-3/Maroomba engineering hangar/Security office etc is)

Yes, Skywest have conducted/are conducting interviews for both tech and cabin crew recently... the buzz I hear is they will have another group of flighties go through early next year.. can anyone confirm??

Have only heard the same thing everyone else has, re: A320's. Though some interesting goss on the D&G thread about what's appearing in reservations systems...

PER210
15th Dec 2006, 05:07
ahh... thats why there was a Qantas plane in 'enemy territory' as you might call it... lol
Thanks skysista :)

skyestorm
15th Dec 2006, 23:55
yes....well they've just completed interviews for this yr....ground schl starting approx early feb....they were saying that they have recruited about four to five? times this yr....which is a lot more than the usual!!

PER210
16th Dec 2006, 00:07
is that a good sign that they are expanding?

tomcat264
25th Dec 2006, 07:36
on the airbuses, i flew into Perth last night an saw one... but then my plane turned and i could see the tail and it was a qantas plane lol... dont know why it was in the Skywest/Alliance/Virgin Blue terminal though... it was parked with all the regional aircraft...

Well it wasnt an A330 on the southern apron because it wont fit! must of been a 737 as they are frequently remote parked in that area,

sebby
25th Dec 2006, 09:03
Yes it must have been an 800, and you got the wingtips confused.... They sleep over there quite often.. little cuties they are.

PER210
26th Dec 2006, 02:05
yeh, now that you say that, and i look at the different aircrafts, it was a Qantas Boeing 737-300 not an A330.. oops :)

WilliamOK
26th Dec 2006, 02:56
So what of Skywest gonig domestic? Any more news? What routes would they do?

skyestorm
26th Dec 2006, 07:39
now dont quote me on this....but i heard that in the future skywest would like to introduce perth-kalgoorlie-sydney flight.....just a rumour?....

sebby
26th Dec 2006, 09:34
What a strange pattern...

PER210
26th Dec 2006, 11:24
yeh... who from Sydney would want to fly to Kalgoorlie... What i heard was all the capital cities, Melb, Adel, Syd, Bris, and a few others.
Hope it does happen.

ScottyDoo
26th Dec 2006, 12:28
rumours that Skywest is going domestic?

They already are a domestic airline...... :rolleyes:

PER210
27th Dec 2006, 11:00
really? i thought they were only a regional? the only flight they do out of WA is Perth-Broome-Darwin on something like 3 days a week.

skyestorm
27th Dec 2006, 11:21
and they fly to bali once a week....would be nice though if they expanded more though :)

PER210
27th Dec 2006, 11:44
hopfully they will be expanding ALOT more soon :)

Brasilian Bird
28th Dec 2006, 06:29
Skywest do the Denpasar run on Saturdays... I hear from a travel agent friend this is to go to twice weekly (if not already...?)

PER210
28th Dec 2006, 06:38
that would be cool. not that i'd ever go there. but still, cool that they're expanding enough to start 2 flight a week. obviously tourisms picking up over there. Lets just hope the same thing doesnt happen for a 3rd time.

PER210
9th Mar 2007, 11:57
its been a while since anythings been mentioned about skywest.

Not sure if anyone saw this on the news (it was only on GWN, so city slickers wouldnt of seen it) but Kalgoorlie is offering the first airline that starts inter-state flights from Kalgoorlie (most likely Kalgoorlie-Adelaide) no airport taxes for the first 3 years, and also $1 million for an advertising campaign.

Skywest have said that if they do start flights (which they have been thinking about) it could start by mid-September.

Good news!

CNSFLYER
6th Jun 2008, 12:33
Hey,

Just wondering if there are any skywest crew on here???? Nothing has been posted for a while.

I'm moving to Perth soon, I have 4 years recent flying experience on the 717 and A320. Looking at applying for skywest. Can anyone give me any info on pay etc. They seem like a great company to work for.

Any info would be great

Thanks