View Full Version : Kingfisher screening/selection process

Whoops
2nd Dec 2006, 08:10
Just had a message from Kingfisher asking me to call them back about an A320 Line Captain position. I filled in an on-line application directly with them a few months ago. Can anyone give me any info on the interview, screening and selection process?

Thanks.

iamanaussiemavrick
2nd Dec 2006, 23:39
are you an indian citizen or?

also how much flying do you have.

this detalis will tell how you selection will go.

on_the_right
3rd Dec 2006, 09:11
"also how much flying do you have."

i am guessing he has more than a couple of hundred hours on the tecnams/c172

Whoops,

let me know how the KF thing goes, i am soon going to have a look at it too.

cheers

OTR

Whoops
3rd Dec 2006, 09:19
Thanks.

I have approx 6000TT, 5500 Airbus, 1500 P1 Airbus. UK national.

jumpdrive
3rd Dec 2006, 10:13
>>>>>>>>i am guessing he has more than a couple of hundred hours on the tecnams/c172<<<<<<<<<<<<<

next time "on the right"...................................stay quiet
thats why your on the right seat
ha ha ha ha ha

pataploom!!!!

on_the_right
3rd Dec 2006, 18:23
jumpdrive,

well mate dont "jump" the gun in posting stupid replies. the flying hour post was directed at the aussiemaverick guy.
and thanks for reminding me of my RHS days which were a long long time ago. hope your FOs stay pretty quiet in there ....

major123
5th Dec 2006, 16:12
Just had a message from Kingfisher asking me to call them back about an A320 Line Captain position. I filled in an on-line application directly with them a few months ago. Can anyone give me any info on the interview, screening and selection process?

Thanks.

They have emailed me to confirm my availability for the screening. However I am really apprehensive about the company.

Can any body throw some light on their terms and the work conditions at Kingfisher airlines, and working in India in general..

By the way "Whoops" did you get any response from them....cheers mate..:ok:

SkyMiles
7th Dec 2006, 23:49
I just finished a one year contract in India. Kingfisher has also sent me emails and to see if I was available for "screening". I declined. It is my own personal opinion that they will not be around to see another Christmas. I base that on my observations of their airline and the business in general in India.

At KFA, the food and hotel is good. The flights are about 50% full. Scheduling is an issue. There is no planning beyond one day for that. They will call you in the evening for your next days schedule. Consider yourself lucky if you have a night stop somewhere because then you will know what you are doing the next day (mostly).

Flight and duty regulations are meant to be broken. In their eyes, they are paying you a fortune, so they feel they can use you however they want. They would rather break the regulations than cancel the flight (this goes for all operators in India).

The food AND water is contaminated. You will get sick. There is no such thing as food sanitation, not even in the five star hotels. They make medicine for those things, you just have to find the right one. It is usually a trial and error thing.

India isn't the sort of place you should take the family or girlfriend. Again, this is my opinion based on my experience there. Stay home or go somewhere else.

Al Fakhem
8th Dec 2006, 03:34
The food AND water is contaminated. You will get sick. There is no such thing as food sanitation, not even in the five star hotels. They make medicine for those things, you just have to find the right one. It is usually a trial and error thing.

Luckily, Kingfisher and its parent Group make plenty of said medicines...:ok:

jumpdrive
8th Dec 2006, 08:18
well skymiles guess youre exp was realy a nasty one in india
i agree w U in many things & like U say all personal opinion, but have in mind that there are worst places out there, ................my exp........
i was in india 2OO5 & 2OO6 & the never ending isle chit chat was that KF is going out...........youll see.....soon..............when exactly?, nobody knows, but theyre out, they said the same thing back in late O5', nothing, then switched to apr' O6, nothing, so why the big fuzz, the one that was realy shaken & almost stalled was sahara instead!, suposed to be well stablished & with wide bodies on the way (767) & agreements w AA, but the scenario over there its realy hard/dificult to predict for a week whats gonna happen, needless to say for a year!
regarding your comments on braking flight/duty times, i dont if YOU allowed it to happen, that is your call, of course normally no company would call you to fly 7 days in a row or more than 3O hours, but never the less some one in a desk can forget that or be in deep **** w crew schedulling & throw that ball @ you to see if you smash it, i was there over a year & never broke a single flying limitation, not a single minute, in fact they where very strict on that issue.-..........of course they called some times at 11pm or after, but after getting a hold of it i stopped answering the phone past 8 pm, & never had a problem, but you say it goes for all operators, your wrong, i still have friends, in King, deccan, jetAir, Alliance, Paramount..........& never have any of those problems you say, ......................again, thats your personal case! i take that fact.........
but rememeber one thing here, is that you are throwing in to the public one way opinions...............like
water.............i never got sick with water OR food, never my expats co workers, food was great in hotel, laundry on time, internet free, gym,in terms people of politness, india, few top them, dont expect that kind of serve, in japan, thailand, china, taipei, super cold people, only driven to work & be like robots in everything they do, youl take them out of the loop, & kapooommm theire screwed..........my exp.......
english is a very important factor. they do speak.................
& you have to be open minded, india is onw of the countries with most tourist in asia & growing, many people like, at the beggining i said why, what they see here? you'll see i met people from USA, italy, spain, argentina, living there & loving it never goin otta there they say, being there for years, kids borns there, houses, cars, etc, im not saying that is the best place in the world but, cause nothing like home, but also is not the worst..........i guess by your comments that U havent worked & lived in africa like i did...........cause DAMN.............of course in india they could put a couple of law's to ban tuk tuk's for poluting the air like hell , honking the horn! to name 2
& to be honest with you i even miss india some times
& of course the money they pay there
no one tops that.................period.

again skyM
my point of view

nice ldgs................
cya