PDA

View Full Version : Fastjet? Scotland? After 2001?

debsh
1st Dec 2006, 19:17
I feel like a confidence trickster but here goes.
I have a tiny problem; I'm completing a book for a Scottish publisher all about a century of military aviation in Hibernia.
Unfortunately, amongst the wealth of material, I have nothing post-2001; no personal experience story from anybody in a fast jet.
Not more than 1000 words; doesn't have to be full of technical detail as this book is for the general reader, not for the technically obsessed nor the reggie-spotter. It can be as simole us 'got-in, started. went up, came down' but it will impress the reader.
Please PM me if you can help - time is running out on delivering the manuscript. The readers will learn lots about Shackletons, Nimrods, Wessex and the like but not a thing about FR3 or anything else with a touch of speed.
No money in it but a free copy of the book . . . .

L J R
1st Dec 2006, 20:13
I flew a fast jet in Scotland after 2001, I found it to be fun.

Now where is the free book?

rab-k
1st Dec 2006, 20:54
I have a tiny problem; I'm completing a book for a Scottish publisher all about a century of military aviation in Hibernia.

Geography might be another "tiny problem"; "Hibernia" is Ireland. Perhaps you meant to say "Caledonia", didn't you... :E

The GR4 'Tonka' boys and girls at Lossiemouth might tell you a few stories about being bounced by F3s from Leuchars while tearing up the glens at 400 kts and 250', or of themselves beating up the range at Tain, etc. Perhaps some kind person here will PM you.

Good luck!

passpartout
1st Dec 2006, 20:57
Mmmm,

Surreal.

What's an FR3?

debsh
2nd Dec 2006, 21:54
Yeah, right people, a blonde moment. Must be the droning of football results with some outfit called Hibernian.
However, no coconut for half a dozen words, I fear.
Somebody must be able to put something together . . . .
Now, don't all spill your coffeee at the notion of writing words in sequence but can nobody help a damsel in vague distress?

Tartan Stazi
8th Dec 2006, 10:39
Check your PMs. :)

PPRuNeUser0139
10th Dec 2006, 16:54
Deborah has drafted a stonking good read about the RAF in Scotland. However, as she says, she would really appreciate some FJ input/funnies/apocryphal stories with a tartan flavour.

So how about dusting off a few of those war stories that have served you well over the years and sending them to her..?

Thanks

ranger703
10th Dec 2006, 22:08
Article in the latest issue of Aircraft Illustrated,'Fly Low,Hit Hard' may give you an insight of current Fast Jet ops in 'Caledonia'. Some top nostalgic shots of the Bucc by Andy Brooks in the same article.