PDA

View Full Version : FAA class 3

norton2005
1st Dec 2006, 18:59
hey people. i currently own a JAR class 1 with a deviation (i got it before the system was abolished today). part of the deal says if i want to train outside UK i have to get permission from the relevant countries authority. i assume this is if i want to train with my JAR medical there, wil it be so that if i take the medical of that country and can pass, then it won't matter that my UK one has a deviation? i would like to go to oxford and as you know they send you to phoenix. so if i take the FAA class 3 here in the UK to show that i can pass it, would that be sufficient to train in the USA? and if it is ok can i do the FAA class 3 with any approved FAA docter in the UK?

thanks for your help guys.

norton2005
3rd Dec 2006, 11:56
no one know what i can do about this? cmon guys i really need some help with this.

Blinkz
3rd Dec 2006, 13:01
faa and caa medicals are totally seperate. Flying in the US has nothing to do with your caa medical. All you need to do is pass the FAA class 3 medical to fly solo in the US and it is a very lax medical compared to the CAA class 1 so you should have no problem, deviation or not! Flying with oxford you will only need the UK CAA class 1 medical at the very end of the course for licence issue, as in the US you will be flying on your US FAA class 3. Goodyear is good fun :ok:

norton2005
3rd Dec 2006, 14:15
thanks for the help.