PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Card

Jinkster
1st Dec 2006, 17:04
Just wondered if anyone had found the advantages of a Starbucks card?

HOGE
1st Dec 2006, 17:27
Give them your money in advance, then be tied in to drinking at Starbucks.
Lose card, lose the credit.

Don't seem like an advantage to me.

Use cash, buy coffee when the need arises at an outlet of your choice.
:hmm:

VFE
1st Dec 2006, 18:24
Starbucks is sh!te. Mucky, crumb-infested stained settees, amazingly weak coffee, processed shrink-wrapped sh!te warmed slightly in microwaves, served by faceless dimwits, encouraged by stupid customers who think they have to get that US of A experience in their suburban hole. Yes, I have been there!

But I haven't been to the one fined a fortune for harbering a rat infestation! Or at least, I think I haven't!

If you go to Starbucks, check out the Starbucks items you can buy while you stand in the queue - like a handy silver slimline Thermos flask. It's £13. Oh, it also has the Starbucks insignia on the underside of the cup. Don't want their insignia? Good - cuz you can go to Tesco and buy the exact same thing (minus any insignias for £5)

Rip-off or what.

Bring back the Golden Egg in Stratford! Ot the Equator Grill in Leytonstone! Fcuk off Mickey Mouse! Rant done - beer time!

VFE.

Cheerio
1st Dec 2006, 18:35
You aren't alone in having an aversion to them......

http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/video_disp.asp?videoid=1049

(some f'ing and blinding in link, but its worth it)

AeroSpark
1st Dec 2006, 18:38
Starbucks is sh!te. Mucky, crumb-infested stained settees, amazingly weak coffee, processed shrink-wrapped sh!te warmed slightly in microwaves, served by faceless dimwits, encouraged by stupid customers who think they have to get that US of A experience in their suburban hole. Yes, I have been there!
But I haven't been to the one fined a fortune for harbering a rat infestation! Or at least, I think I haven't!
If you go to Starbucks, check out the Starbucks items you can buy while you stand in the queue - like a handy silver slimline Thermos flask. It's £13. Oh, it also has the Starbucks insignia on the underside of the cup. Don't want their insignia? Good - cuz you can go to Tesco and buy the exact same thing (minus any insignias for £5)
Rip-off or what.
Bring back the Golden Egg in Stratford! Ot the Equator Grill in Leytonstone! Fcuk off Mickey Mouse! Rant done - beer time!
VFE.

100% in agreement!
Costa is far better, and you cam buy their coffee in Tesco:ok:

DirtyPierre
1st Dec 2006, 18:50
Haven't seen a Starbucks in Oz yet, although I've heard there might be some in Sydney. Maybe its because the Cafe scene is alive and well in Oz without the weak $hite they serve by that american chain.

Its easy to get a good coffee (or for that matter, tea) in Oz because of all the decent cafes in any large Australian town. Melbourne is a good example. If the cafe doesn't make a good brew than that cafe will soon close down.

QNIM
1st Dec 2006, 19:01
Gday VFE
Loves ya post, so true, I like a good late’ or cappuccino, wouldn’t touch that crap.
Cheers Q

frostbite
1st Dec 2006, 20:14
Starbucks is sh!te. Mucky, crumb-infested stained settees, amazingly weak coffee, processed shrink-wrapped sh!te warmed slightly in microwaves, served by faceless dimwits, encouraged by stupid customers who think they have to get that US of A experience in their suburban hole.

But, other than that, they're OK?

tinpis
2nd Dec 2006, 00:06
:{ tin will die without ever knowing WTF a Starbucks is.

jet_noseover
2nd Dec 2006, 01:14
:{ tin will die without ever knowing WTF a Starbucks is.
tinny,
Not much of a loss. Pretty much the Star-joints are snobs infested little "wannabe" euro style cafe outfits that chrge an arm and a leg for their "brown water". Stick to your esspresso!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
2nd Dec 2006, 01:34
check out the Starbucks items you can buy while you stand in the queue - like a handy silver slimline Thermos flask. It's £13.Not so fast. I have two of the bullet flasks, though I can only find one at the moment. They are outrageously priced at $28, but I got mine at 50% off, many many years ago. I use them every day and they keep the coffee hot hot hot, for many hours. Expensive, but worth it.

I hate the shops though and their poncy bloody atitude :yuk:

Why get a card? because when you you pay with a card, there's no question about it, they're not going to get a tip := When you pay with cash, you have to run the gauntlet with the tip jar, though with practice, you can bounce the pennies off the side with quite a convincing noise :ok:

(hint: like all good magic tricks, it's best to wait until their backs are turned)