PDA

View Full Version : Threshers vouchers

cparker
1st Dec 2006, 16:41
It says that they are available on email and chat rooms....Their website has crashed so has anyone here got a copy?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6198828.stm

Gordon17
1st Dec 2006, 16:58
I just downloaded a copy from the Stormhoek website. They've been doing buy 2 and get a third free, which is a 33% discount, for months. So it's not that much better a deal than they always offer.

bar fly
1st Dec 2006, 17:00
I have but as an email attachment. Any idea how I would get it to you? Some other clever chap will probably manage it otherwise. It's a bloody good deal though.

Grainger
1st Dec 2006, 17:15
. . . buy 2 and get a third free, which is a 33% discount . . . Only if the bottles aren't a couple of quid more expensive to start with. What actually happens is that you end up paying about the same per bottle as in the supermarket, except you can't buy just one if that's all you want.*

*[. . . what am I saying ? What good is just one bottle ?]

Polikarpov
1st Dec 2006, 17:26
Direct link to the voucher on the stormhoek site here (http://www.stormhoek.com/webcoupon123.pdf).

Threshers must be cursing the BBC for linking directly to it!

bar fly
1st Dec 2006, 17:27
40% is a good deal though whichever way you look at it. And the bosses will be sleeping a little bit uneasily until the 10th I feel when they can assess the figures.

Gordon17
1st Dec 2006, 17:28
At my local Threshers they insist that all 3 bottles must be exactly the same price, so even if you want to, you can't pay for 2 6.99 bottles and have a 5.99 as the free one. And you're right - you can often pay less at the supermarket without a discount.

cparker
1st Dec 2006, 17:33
I have but as an email attachment. Any idea how I would get it to you? Some other clever chap will probably manage it otherwise. It's a bloody good deal though.

Barfly, Please check your PM's. I have sent you my email address if you could be good enough to send it to me! :ok:

slim_slag
1st Dec 2006, 17:39
Plenty of 50% off deals right now. Best one at the moment, IMO, is Booths wine with their Lindemans winemakers release Cabernet Merlot. 7.99, buy one get one free. Extremely drinkable for less than four quid a bottle, get a few cases for the christmas season. Of course it will never be on sale for 7.99, but that's not the point, a four quid it's still a bargain. If you want to spend a tenner a bottle then Majestic has some cracking deals right now. Thresher isn't a good place to get decent wine at a decent price, imo.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
1st Dec 2006, 18:28
I bought a case of Sycamore Canyon californian Cabernet Sauvignon from Sainsburys today. It's on half price offer (3.99 per bottle instead of 7.98) and you get 25% off on every 6 bottles.

Very drinkable wine indeed at 3 quid a bottle! But hurry - the 25% off finishes tomorrow.

candoo
1st Dec 2006, 19:09
Does the offer that Threshers have include the three for two deal as well?

If so I'm on it immediately, currently enjoying the three bottles of Fleurie for 20 squid.

Just checked it out and it does not include 3 for 2 deals so not much better than existing deal anyways!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
1st Dec 2006, 19:36
Does the offer that Threshers have include the three for two deal as well?
If so I'm on it immediately, currently enjoying the three bottles of Fleurie for 20 squid.
Just checked it out and it does not include 3 for 2 deals so not much better than existing deal anyways!

R4 news said the same, especially as Threshers prices aren't the lowest to start with. they wondered if the whole thing was a clever marketing excercise by Threshers.

Mycroft
2nd Dec 2006, 02:07
I saw the cover of a grocers' magazine today and the main artcicle was 'Secret Sales'. Appears that these sneaky stores get a higher response from 'vouchers available to friends' than from general marketing (and is a lot cheaper than running ads). Very effective form of viral marketing.

LGS6753
2nd Dec 2006, 18:39
My local Tesco is offering 25% discount from their (cheaper than Threshers) prices on all wines today and tomorrow.
Must buy 6 bottles.
Just spent 3,000,000,000