PDA

View Full Version : H&S Regulations force livery change to BA Fleet

Epsilon minus
1st Dec 2006, 07:59
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/31975/normal_ba_nuke.jpg

BRISTOLRE
1st Dec 2006, 08:16
your choice of aircraft was wrong, should be a B767-300 not B777-200!

GLA1
1st Dec 2006, 08:20
:= I'm sure that this was meant as tongue in cheek but I for one find this wholly offensive.
Apart from the fact that allegedly somebody died as a result of polonium poisoning. Give a thought not only to the 30,000+ passengers who have been given a scare, but also to the so far forgotten about crew who have operated these aircraft and are more likely than 99% of the passengers to have had physical contact with/if somebody carrying the substance onboard.
Also given the current fragile state of the aviation sector in uncertain security times, this is the last thing BA needs and could find themselves facing a severe downturn in passenger numbers due to an incident that once again they had no control or knowledge of.

qwertyuiop
1st Dec 2006, 08:24
I found it amusing!

Skipness One Echo
1st Dec 2006, 08:59
It's all hysteria really. Very funny :)
Very BRITISH to have a laugh in this manner as it p[rove the bas8888s won't ever beat us if we can laugh at 'em.
( I mean the mad Russian poisoners, Al-Qaeda etc, laughter is a mighty weapon)

michaelknight
1st Dec 2006, 09:35
I think it's funny :}

Offensive! I'll get my coat....:hmm:

MK

Epsilon minus
1st Dec 2006, 11:08
GLA1
We're talking about alpha particles in minute proportions here, not bloody Chernobyl. You may wish to reflect that hype regarding this case is being generated by the government rather than the media.
Relax, enjoy the fun and dont be so sensitive.
Cheers
EM

MarkD
1st Dec 2006, 17:29
epsilon

The problem is not the a-particles, it's what the Po210 was detected on. I doubt the Po210 was where it originated from so it was transferred and thus could be retransferred in a manner which could end up internal to a pax or crew member.

So wind your neck in - it's certainly not funny for BA or their crews who are blameless in this affair.

2nd Dec 2006, 08:47
Welcome to Jet Blast GLA1 :rolleyes:

G-CPTN
2nd Dec 2006, 09:22
Welcome to Jet Blast GLA1 :rolleyes:
Are we suggesting that GLA1 was serious? To gain maximum effect for such statements, it is best to (as I do) avoid the addition of 'smileys' which would spoil the impact of such an apparently controversial POV.
I suspect that many misunderstand such p*stings made by me, aimed at provoking a response from others rather than representing a strongly-held belief.
On the other hand, GLA1 may well be serious, in which case go ahead and indulge in considered discussion (isn't that the forte of JetBlast?).

If you ARE serious GLA1, lighten-up!

My current puzzlement is how those exposed to this radiation (rather than the material creating the radiation) can themselves become emitters? Having one's bodily parts 'ionised' (ie having electrons peeled-off from nucleii) is hardly the initiation of a chain reaction is it? (Or IS it?) What happens to the displaced electron(s)? In MY interpretation (based on memories of those models) there is room for the odd electron to be absorbed (maybe with a change of structure, perhaps even a change of formula).

Of course, I'm talking about non-organic materials - I was never involved with organic chemistry which confused me. Maybe I'm confused nevertheless . . .

Floppy Link
2nd Dec 2006, 10:39
GLA1

Just because something bad happens it doesn't make the world a less funny place, on the other hand just because something good happens it doesn't make the world a less bad place...

Tescos, aisle 3, near the back. Get a life.

G-CPTN
2nd Dec 2006, 12:05
Just heard via the Beeb that the Italian Mario Scaramella (who shared a table at the Sushi restaurant with the now-deceased Alexander Litvinenko) afterwards travelled to Italy by Easyjet.

Watch this space . . .

Bus429
2nd Dec 2006, 16:16
Like all stories, it has a finite (half) life.:8

modtinbasher
2nd Dec 2006, 16:30
GLA1
We're talking about alpha particles in minute proportions here, not bloody Chernobyl.

So, if say we were still looking for WMD in, for example, a sand pit somewhere, it would be fairly easy for us to locate just one litre of this stuff (about what a clear polythene bag 20cms x 20 cms would hold) or even a similar container of ricin? Considering what a spoonful of either of this stuff would do then is possibly quite important! And we invaded a whole country then to find this proverbial needle?

Craggenmore
2nd Dec 2006, 16:31
GLA has just 2 posts, so indeed, welcome to JB....

panda-k-bear
2nd Dec 2006, 17:10
Hmmm, Scaramella sounds very James Bond-ish, doesn't it. Very close to Scaramanga. Is it just me or does the Scaramella case actually point more towards his involvement than away from it?

Goldstone
3rd Dec 2006, 10:37
:= I'm sure that this was meant as tongue in cheek but I for one find this wholly offensive.
Apart from the fact that allegedly somebody died as a result of polonium poisoning. Give a thought not only to the 30,000+ passengers who have been given a scare, but also to the so far forgotten about crew who have operated these aircraft and are more likely than 99% of the passengers to have had physical contact with/if somebody carrying the substance onboard.
Also given the current fragile state of the aviation sector in uncertain security times, this is the last thing BA needs and could find themselves facing a severe downturn in passenger numbers due to an incident that once again they had no control or knowledge of.

Oh, stop it.

Are you one of those people who is totally overboard with the PC thing?

We'll make fun of and laugh at what we like ... including ourselves. We're BRITISH.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
3rd Dec 2006, 14:15
Give a thought not only to the 30,000+ passengers who have been given a scare...and that's just from the in-flight meals

Wipeout
3rd Dec 2006, 14:43
Polonium can only be transferred human to human - it aint bird flu. And its such a rare element theres not enough on the entire planet to fill a small jam jar.... :8