PDA

View Full Version : Keeping On Top Of Your Health

keeponsmiling
30th Nov 2006, 23:10
I have just started flying as cabin crew (around 3 months) and have never been so tired in ym life. I generally can survive on a max of 8 hours sleep and bounce out of bed in the mornings, but have found I have been sleeping up to 12 hours a day if not more if I am able to. Is there any reason behind this? Does being in the air make you more tired and if so why??? I am curious.

I drink around 3 litres of water a day and am trying to eat well. Can you please let me know of what else I can do to keep on top of my health and boost my energy levels. If this is how I am going to feel as cc I want to know the best ways to help my health. Any tips would be fantastic.

Head_in_clouds
1st Dec 2006, 10:13
They always say the first 6 months are the worst. Kind of an adjustment period. However, some vitamins daily may help. I know the first few months are tough but you will get used to it

DJTibby
1st Dec 2006, 11:22
keeponsmiling, are you doing International or domestic flights?

fernytickles
2nd Dec 2006, 13:07
It may help you to dig around and find some literature on the fatigue factors involved in aviation. I guess these aren't covered in CC training - they are covered in great detail in pilot training as they have been contributary factors in accidents.

Noise and dryness in aeroplanes contribute a lot to fatigue. Obviously you can do something about the dryness - drink plenty. But the noise is a different matter. Also, you'll probably find as you become accustomed to your work, your fatigue will adjust too.

Dea Certe
2nd Dec 2006, 14:52
It may just be taking you a while to get adjusted to flying different hours. Be sure you're eating properly and not filling up on junk food. Vitamin supplements could be a good idea. I use a vitamin C and B12 drink at the start of my flying day. That and a dose of Ging Seng really helps keeping the energy level up.

If you can, try to get out a walk a bit. May sound a little crazy, but getting 20 minutes of sustained cardio can make a big difference, especially if you can do so in ambient light.

Hang in there!

Dea

bluestar
3rd Dec 2006, 17:45
Hey there!!!

I take airshield, airborn or wal-born.
They are immune boosting tablets, unfortunately i have only seen them in america, places like cvs or walgreens, but im sure they do something simular here.

Hope this helps :ok: