View Full Version : Arbitration Ruling --- Atlas/Polar

musick
30th Nov 2006, 21:54
Ran into several Atlas and Polar folks at a bar in ORD. To say the least, the discussion was heated at best.

The topic was a recent arbitrator's ruling that Atlas could no longer fly as a subcontractor to Polar because Polar had pilots on furlough, in violation of Polar's CBA and a previous arbitrator's ruling concerning subcontract flying---but the Arbitrator had yet to decide what the remedy for this situation would be-----hence, the heated discussion.

Atlas Air and Polar Air are subsidiraries of Atlas Air Worldwide Holding. They are two separate companies owned by one holding company, AAWH. Polar flies schedules. Atlas is an ACMI subcontract carrier. Atlas flies 4 aircraft equivalents/120 pilots for Polar. My sense was that it appears that AAWH mgt plays both pilot groups against each other to each union's detriment.

So what happens now?

The Polar guys said, "transfer 4 a/c from Atlas to Polar and furlough 120 Atlas pilots---problem solved."

The Atlas guys said, "merge the two airlines under the Atlas certificate, create one seniority list, and the problem goes away."

So my question is, what is most likely the outcome in this Atlas/Polar uniion struggle?

Captain Edwin

Po Boy
30th Nov 2006, 23:34
Please, Not another Atlas/Polar thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mercpc9
30th Nov 2006, 23:40
Please, Not another Atlas/Polar thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I second that!

747newguy
1st Dec 2006, 02:40
Whatsamatta? You guys fingers bleedin'?
:)

WhaleDriver
1st Dec 2006, 03:52
I third it!

I hate doin this, but I have to agree with FF........enough!

layinlow
1st Dec 2006, 15:41
Absolutely shut it down. What is going to happen will happen, were all tired of it.

ship's power
1st Dec 2006, 16:51
Damn! These are the best replies ever. A curse on those who disagree!!

Po Boy
1st Dec 2006, 19:08
Finally something Atlas and Polar agrees on!

Sleeping Freight Dog
2nd Dec 2006, 01:45
Wow, I believe a Christmas miracle happpened early.
See you guys can agree to disagree...:D