PDA

View Full Version : The Heads Continue To Roll At Easylala

alternatelaw
30th Nov 2006, 21:45
Just heard that the new CEO (Harrison V111) has chopped another of the senior heads ,training i believe ? how long before the rest roll? any info anybody.
ALT

FlapsOne
1st Dec 2006, 11:49
Interesting but I'll believe it when I see it!

Max Autobrake
1st Dec 2006, 14:17
Strange, the training department is one of the best things in lalaLand... wouldn't be the one who diverted without telling anybody would it?

olster
2nd Dec 2006, 08:06
much rejoicing in the training dept I would suspect -the training in e/j is of v high standard but no thanks to this individual;guess there is occasionally natural justice...

Wizofoz
2nd Dec 2006, 10:49
Just to be clear, are we talking about a certain almost-astronaught here?

Nil further
2nd Dec 2006, 12:31
Yep , its only a rumour though ! check the BALPA board , there is a little thread there.

FlapsOne
2nd Dec 2006, 13:06
It's a very little thread.................there's nothing on it!:confused:

CapedCrewsAider
3rd Dec 2006, 15:17
It's a very little thread.................there's nothing on it!:confused:

Well he is a very little manager....;)

unablereqnavperf
3rd Dec 2006, 18:05
With a very large ego though!

stationcalling
4th Dec 2006, 17:29
I can`t believe that easyjet is finally getting rid of someone who is a "total waste of rations". He apparently tried to sack a Liverpool Captain last year for refusing to do a go-around and fly into a thunderstorm.
Maybe he can take his mate, Dr Dunkin Doughnut, with him.

Colonel Klink
4th Dec 2006, 19:42
Well done to the LPL Captain that used his noggin and avoided flying into a TS at low level. Seems to me that is what he gets paid for, and it's called Airmanship!!!!

Getoutofmygalley
4th Dec 2006, 20:55
Would this be the same manager who used to work for Big Airways as an FO (not a very good one by all accounts) and almost got the aircraft into a stall by doing something not very clever?

Lucifer
4th Dec 2006, 21:08
Would this be the same manager who used to work for Big Airways as an FO (not a very good one by all accounts) and almost got the aircraft into a stall by doing something not very clever?
That one was not an FO when at BA (he was Captain), and he has already left Easy a while ago from an entirely different post.

By all accounts, that certain person's abilities were very high, however airmanship somewhat departed him on one occassion having not flown for a while.

BOAC
4th Dec 2006, 21:15
Small correction, Lucifer, the chap concerned WAS an (S)F/O in BA and 'achieved' his command on appointment to the post of chief pilot (S/H) at Gatwick.

SIDSTAR
6th Dec 2006, 13:38
It's called separating the chaff from the wheat. Unfortunately it often takes some time but sh*t always eventually floats (away).

RAT 5
6th Dec 2006, 21:24
Would that include R.W. who was inexplicably indoctrinated into the 'Hall of Fame' of Airline greats. It was publicised in one of the STN newspapers a few months ago. Some obscure Aussie organisation rewarded his contribution to the world of avaiation. Bizzare, but they did lose the Ashes! S@$* did float away; too late, too long, and some how found its way to the top of the dung heap anyway.

acm
7th Dec 2006, 08:13
DO out, CM in.

DouglasDigby
7th Dec 2006, 15:56
Does "DO" stand for "Drop Off" - the one who allegedly likes to sleep on the flight deck for an hour?? :E

Hence the "Controlled Rest" amendments perhaps....... :ooh:

Well, the only way that CM could replace him is if he is in JP's wedding photos - same as Dr D!! :p

RoyHudd
7th Dec 2006, 19:51
Related to DO, where did RM (hic) get to?

Count von Altibar
11th Dec 2006, 11:54
Well I'm trying to work this out, has DO been given the boot from easy then?

Little Blue
11th Dec 2006, 23:09
Surely you don't mean Little Dave?
What's he been up to?

DouglasDigby
12th Dec 2006, 12:23
Oh dear, check the Orange Pages - he's not there! Is it a technical malfunction or has he departed??

alternatelaw
12th Dec 2006, 15:27
In answer to all YEP (Doze Off) has left the building ,so to speak,with a brand new LPC me thinks, as he was expired a while ago. We all new that didn't we,well done Andy H keep it up.

ALT

DouglasDigby
12th Dec 2006, 15:50
Tweet, tweet, a little http://haurat.free.fr/images/Animaux/an008.gif told me http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/sleep.gif had been seen at interview at Emirates.......

cantilever
13th Dec 2006, 05:34
Another little birdy says he hasnt got the minimum time required!

How does CM continue to come up smelling of Roses? :ugh:

Colonel Klink
13th Dec 2006, 17:30
Well, if a little "birdy" told you that he didn't have enough time to get into Emirates directly, perhaps he could explain how this guy could be put in charge of the training of 1200 pilots in the UK's second biggest airline?

outofsynch
13th Dec 2006, 18:05
Who needs hours? To manage, you just need the attitude! :}

autobrake3
13th Dec 2006, 19:19
When you you've got astronaut on your cv you don't need hours. I'm sure EK will be so pleased to have him. (Must remember not to apply there)

Colonel Klink
13th Dec 2006, 19:29
So, if the shuttle was aiming to touch down at Long Beach and you guided it to Bar Harbour without telling Houston mission control, what's that called? A successful landing?

ChocksAwayUK
13th Dec 2006, 19:38
It's funny.. if my detective work is correct and I've got the right chap it looks like this guy was very popular in his role prior to EZ. At least according to a thread in this forum from a 2 or 3 years ago.
Sample quote:
Great guy who has seen the light. Easy are lucky to be getting him. A consumate professional, who always judges fairly - a very important quality in a training manager.

Lucifer
13th Dec 2006, 19:50
Maybe just goes to show that you can never be friends with the guys you work for...?

Kraut
13th Dec 2006, 20:23
Somebody is responsible for the misery of the availibilty (number) of required trainers, which we did not have on the right timeframe.
Cutting cost, thereby producing higher costs, needs consequences. That is management life.
But, from pilot to pilot, I wish him luck for future projects.

ChocksAwayUK
13th Dec 2006, 20:34
Somebody is responsible for the misery of the availibilty (number) of required trainers, which we did not have on the right timeframe.

As someone who has just had his February start date postponed indefinitely for this reason I did wonder it was related to this 'restructuring'. Oh well, perhaps he'll get on better at Emirates. Certainly looks like Andy Harrison is taking some proactive sensible actions though.

Roger Ring
15th Dec 2006, 00:19
Its official, DO out CM in whilst they seek a successor. :ok:

Firm Touchdown
15th Dec 2006, 09:31
Any idea or bets on a possible successor, or is CM a full term replacement?

orangetree
15th Dec 2006, 10:28
I sincerely hope not.

Fatter Cat
15th Dec 2006, 10:34
Had better dust off JP's wedding photo's again, to see who the next contender is likely to be!

Colonel Klink
15th Dec 2006, 13:12
Ouch!! Somehow, I don't think he will be recommending a close buddy again! Look how the favour was repaid!

ezpz
15th Dec 2006, 17:45
DO was head hunted by Emirates at the same time as the cabin training manager left for Dubai. He turned them down. She did not. Perhaps he has gone to Dubai after all.
If only we could get Dr D to join them in the sand.

Doug the Head
15th Dec 2006, 17:59
Quite honestly I donīt understand what all the fuss regarding D.O. is about.

I donīt recall any actions on his behalf that have upset the pilot community. (although I donīt always read all company emails...:) )

He did a little chat during my last SEP and to me he came across as quite sympathetic, realistic and down to earth.

Can someone please update me?

DouglasDigby
15th Dec 2006, 19:15
Doug, you weren't looking in a mirror at SEP were you - in other words, your initials aren't DO?? :E
Are you one of the select few in the wedding photo?
Hmmm, ask about his sleep attack (& subsequent amendments to Manual), or even about his diversion from STN to LUT (what fuel...?) - it was sooooo good, he didn't even tell the cabin crew. Near riot on the ground after SSCM gives "Welcome to Stansted" PA" & punters then find out they are at Luton!!
And there's more... but what was the straw that broke the camel's back?? ;)

Doug the Head
15th Dec 2006, 20:39
Thx for the info Douglas.

Thankfully, I´m not (praise the Lord!) based at London´s Toilet TowN airport, so I´m not that privy to all the gossip and rumours floating around.

I´m not in anyone´s wedding photo and no, I´m not D.O.! ;) (small tip: before making bold statements, do a quick search of my username and you will quickly find out that I´m definitely NOT part of managment! :suspect: )

unablereqnavperf
18th Dec 2006, 13:19
As a trainer D.O. was good but me thinks he should have been a bit less bonus orientated and hired the trainers he needed when he needed them. If he had done this he'd still be there. i always found his attitude to training refreshing! A certain longhaul airline with a popular CEO known for his love of jumpers could benefit from his type of training management. Oh silly me they don't train they just chop better not try there Dave!

Kit d'Rection KG
18th Dec 2006, 14:29
I sincerely hope not.
I'm pretty sure you're in the minority with that remark... A very well-regarded, professional, and able, individual, with a rare talent for the human side of the job too...

olster
18th Dec 2006, 16:52
motions coming on by definition is I assume a sim trainer and his laughter to the 2 previous posts is appropriate.I would conclude that the training department feel that Christmas has come early.As for the 'astronaut' being involved with training @ VS I very much doubt whether he has enough hours for an f/o slot let alone taking over the training department -cheers!

DouglasDigby
19th Dec 2006, 11:46
Doug - your previous comments could have been camouflage! ;)

Anyway, DO won't get in VS, minimum height is 5 ft 4 inches - for cabin crew!! :E

Still, lots of potential Virgin girlfriends there??? :ooh: :oh:

autobrake3
19th Dec 2006, 12:36
As a trainer D.O. was good but me thinks he should have been a bit less bonus orientated and hired the trainers he needed when he needed them. If he had done this he'd still be there. i always found his attitude to training refreshing! A certain longhaul airline with a popular CEO known for his love of jumpers could benefit from his type of training management. Oh silly me they don't train they just chop better not try there Dave!

From first hand experience, I found that his approach to training was sloppy at best.

teifiboy
19th Dec 2006, 13:38
motions coming on by definition is I assume a sim trainer and his laughter to the 2 previous posts is appropriate.I would conclude that the training department feel that Christmas has come early.As for the 'astronaut' being involved with training @ VS I very much doubt whether he has enough hours for an f/o slot let alone taking over the training department -cheers!

and for Emirates...
Another little birdy says he hasnt got the minimum time required!

really? is this right? I was under the impression that the guy in question had 5years in the left had seat of the A330.

Motions Coming On
19th Dec 2006, 15:14
You may not have noticed that I was replying to a remark about CM - I presume you thought I was replpying to the posts above my own. (See page two for the original remark).

Nope, response was intended equally for CM as DO.....

olster
19th Dec 2006, 15:49
slightly different perspective - CM - big respect and is indeed a consumate professional imho

ezpz
19th Dec 2006, 23:30
DO was very good at talking the talk, but action was a bit thin on the ground.

Someone had to take responsibilty for the training crisis this summer. As head of training, I think it is resonable for it to be DO.

Rod Eddington
20th Dec 2006, 10:30
slightly different perspective - CM - big respect and is indeed a consumate professional imho

Is that a joke??

olster
20th Dec 2006, 11:25
no -not a joke

doodler
20th Dec 2006, 12:34
Real shame, I thought it was hilarious!!! ;)

Colonel Klink
21st Dec 2006, 06:00
Well, I have worked with CM in the Training Dept. for 7 years so feel qualified to agree with Olster. With 15% expansion yearly and now more than 1200 pilots, the job is extremely demanding and CM has exceptional administrative skills and the Trainers like his communication skills and organisational ability. And of course, he is smart enough to have guys like me working for him!!!!!!

cantilever
9th Jan 2007, 15:43
:} Well the Diddy man has taken a real bashing!

I can confirm that he was not headhunted by EK!...pure BS
He is short of hours for DEC even with the reduced minima....
Looks like his buddys in EK arent able to pull any strings:E

Coffee Black None
19th Mar 2007, 12:38
Is it true that PT is on his way out as well now?