PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for TP pilot in the UK?

flyingthe340
30th Nov 2006, 20:44
Dear fellow pilots,

I am a Saab 340 FO with current 700 TT and 400 h on type. As my current employer is cutting down I have to look around for other jobs. Do you guys know any jetcompanies that is interesting in a FO with my kind of numbers? Pref in the UK. Or do I have to apply to other TP operators instead?

Thanks,

FT340

issi noho
30th Nov 2006, 21:52
BMI Regional have an ad in flight. You fit the bill.

Saab 340 ADM
1st Dec 2006, 01:20
Hi flyingthe340,

I have the Saab 340 TR and I'm looking for a job,

Do you think that a SF340 TR is a bad choice? Do you know if it's easy find a job in a Saab 340?

Where are you working?

Thanks

flyingthe340
1st Dec 2006, 08:42
issi noho, regarding the BMI regional, donīt you need to self fund your EMB-145 TR???

Saab 340 ADM, I think the Saab 340 is a very good TR. It will from time to time be openings in regional companies due to people moving to jet. (As I am trying to do). The problem here in Scandinavia is that there is LOTS of people having done the SF340 TR recently and they are looking for jobs. Rumours says that Avitrans (swedish) www.avitrans.se (http://www.avitrans.se) is looking for rated pilots. But I think they want you to speak swedish....

/FT340

Luke SkyToddler
1st Dec 2006, 15:55
Loganair were looking pretty short of Saab 340 drivers last time I was in Scotland ... although I heard that non type rated FO applicants are now getting compulsorily screwed for something like Ģ20Kish in some nasty pay-for-type-rating-plus-line-training scheme.

Don't know if they'd try to fleece type rated applicants the same way, but it can't hurt to ask :ugh:

You also have the hours for Easyjet TRSS entry and should definitely apply there, it's certainly better than a Saab job although it does seem to take a few months for your application to reach the top of the list for interview ...

flyingthe340
1st Dec 2006, 19:19
Luke Sky Toddler, thanks for the reply! I havenīt thought about Easy. I thought they needed 1500 hrs total or so. But I will send them my application.

ICING AOA
2nd Dec 2006, 13:43
Luke Sky Toddler, thanks for the reply! I havenīt thought about Easy. I thought they needed 1500 hrs total or so.

Minimum 500 commercial hours on medium jet or heavy turboprop. (not sure if saab 340 is considered as heavy TP :rolleyes: )

Anotherflapoperator
2nd Dec 2006, 14:00
You could try Flybe...they're desperately short of new recruits for their Dash8 Q400s. Square bond, but no self financed type rating....look at the BA Connect thread to see why!

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Dec 2006, 08:02
Minimum 500 commercial hours on medium jet or heavy turboprop. (not sure if saab 340 is considered as heavy TP :rolleyes: )

Yeah but that's for direct entry, I was referring to TRSS. Easy used to have a 500 multi crew requirement for TRSS as well, but that requirement was dropped a few weeks ago. Easy now lets you apply for TRSS with just a bare FATPL, although their unofficial minimums are 500 TT, with "some" (unspecified amount) of multi crew experience, basically any old turboprop fits the bill.

ICING AOA
3rd Dec 2006, 08:35
:confused: oh really ??

500 hours on JAR25 (heavy TP or light Jet) is now a direct entry then ? I dont think so mate !
I dont really believe in "unofficial" rumors.

StudentInDebt
3rd Dec 2006, 08:41
500 hours on JAR25 (heavy TP or light Jet) is now a direct entry then ? I dont think so mate !
I dont really believe in "unofficial" rumors.
Don't apply then, gives those who do believe in rumours a better chance :confused:

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Dec 2006, 12:55
For christs sake, the guy was asking about jobs for turboprop FOs and I told him that his hours would put him in the frame for TRSS at Easyjet, which I know for a fact to be true, for the simple reason that I work here and I have in the last few weeks successfully recommended two of my old work colleagues for Easy interview from my old turboprop employer, people who didn't qualify under the old TRSS minimums but they do under the new ones.

The only 'unofficial' thing here is that while you can now apply for TRSS with a 200 hour FATPL, they are unlikely to proceed with your application unless you have the other minimums I talked about which is 500 TT and some kind of multi crew experience. That is not on the website, but it is the figure that was mentioned to me when I phoned recruitment on behalf of a low hours friend, a couple of weeks ago.

It's gone a little bit slow for non type rated and light-turboprop people at this precise moment, due to the fact they have been interviewing a lot of ex BMI Baby Teeside guys and there's a big bunch of BA Connect applications arrived in the last couple of weeks for obvious reasons.

This discussion hasn't got anything to do with D/E which is an entirely separate Easyjet recruitment scheme, it is as you rightly point out, reserved exclusively for those who have 500+ on medium jet / heavy TP and above. The only change to D/E requirements in recent weeks is that they are now including the Embraer 145 in aircraft types that qualify for it, whereas it used to be only Boeing / 'bus / Bae146 & the usual military suspects.

Just so no one else here ends up confused, our scandinavian Saab flying friend here certainly does NOT qualify for D/E but he DOES for for TRSS the way things are at the moment. Obviously things can and do change by the week here but that's the way it is at the time of this posting.

Happy?

ICING AOA
3rd Dec 2006, 20:13
OK I did not know that ! :O

I cant find out why easyjet is putting its requierments down while so many, many experienced pilots from aerarann, Flybe, BAconnect, air southwest, aircontractors, and so on are more than happy to go to easyjet on a TRSS scheme.:oh:

But it is good indeed for low hours guys !:ok:

Best of luck ;)

flyingthe340
3rd Dec 2006, 20:55
LukeSkyToddler, thank you very much for that tip! Much appreciated!

I will give Easy a try and then weīll see.

/FT340