View Full Version : India

bcqc
30th Nov 2006, 17:39
what<s going on there?! and what kind o a process or the licence conversions?
thanks

Speedbreak
30th Nov 2006, 23:35
...nobody knows!:{

divinesoul
1st Dec 2006, 03:34
Well if you are foreign crew on a contract here i guess there is only validation given and that too for a year.Otherwise if you are Indian citizen conversion is compulsory.

As always said by Indian pilots on pprune its an ordeal in itself dealing with DGCA.

Do any of the Indian pilots on pprune know what are the documents to be submitted to DGCA for conversion after one passes the Air law and Nav+Met composite paper,Medicals and RTR exam passed.

What documents to be attested etc etc.

Thanx.

masalama
1st Dec 2006, 07:33
Divine soul man ...dont forget the "skill" test too , then it's on to the great DGCA and dont forget the vaseline and olive oil for frequent indigestion , long periods of solitary waiting and contemplation....hmmm.

Take photocopies of everything and there's this great form to fill called CA-39 I think, it's basically a breakdown of all your hours...type specific and for the past 6/12 months....this is usually certified by the flying club where you've done your skill test , so make sure you get the form in advance and spend a few hours filling it up before going for the test.
I dont know if they still use the Postal order/DD system of payment but you can check it from the clerks at DGCA...be ready to furnish any document they ask ...the whole process of applying for the license can take between 2 days to a week based on how good the paperwork is...but do not despair...thousands of us have done it before you and come back with a shiny new Indian CPL/ATPL although some may never recover their mental functions fully ...:eek:

divinesoul
4th Dec 2006, 02:14
hi

Thanx Masalama