View Full Version : To all pinoy pilots in in Canada

klintph
30th Nov 2006, 17:09
are there any pinoy pilots here in canada or would you happen to know one? i am planning to start my flight training here in winnipeg. any inputs and tips on being a pinoy pilot here canada would be greatly appreciated.:ok:

KingAir
30th Nov 2006, 21:31
Pinoy here. I know of 2 others. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. I'm an FO with Canada's 2nd biggest airline and the largest in terms of daily departures. :}

pumping iron
14th Dec 2006, 04:16
Hi klintph!

I am also a pinoy, and will start my PPL with Pacific Flying club in British Columbia, there's one school in winnipeg which is well known, harv's air.

they are the one hosting the on-line ground school in canada

here's the web link in case you havent find any school yet http://www.harvsair.com/site/services/transport-canada-courses/, but am sure KingAir knows a lot and he's more knowledgebale about all of this stuff...

Good luck and God Bless in your schooling, i hope we'll be able to start a network for pinoy's like us aspiring a pilot career in Canada.:ok:

Cheers!!1

JimmyReeves
16th Dec 2006, 22:47
Hi Guys,

Is there a pinoy network in Singapore/Malaysia?

klintph
18th Dec 2006, 06:52
Hi klintph!

I am also a pinoy, and will start my PPL with Pacific Flying club in British Columbia, there's one school in winnipeg which is well known, harv's air.

they are the one hosting the on-line ground school in canada

here's the web link in case you havent find any school yet http://www.harvsair.com/site/services/transport-canada-courses/, but am sure KingAir knows a lot and he's more knowledgebale about all of this stuff...

Good luck and God Bless in your schooling, i hope we'll be able to start a network for pinoy's like us aspiring a pilot career in Canada.:ok:

Cheers!!1

yup i did pm kingair. are you in canada already im planning to start my training on spring or summer next year at harvs air in st andrews.
yes i hope we could start a network or any association of pinoy pilots here in canada.

goodluck to you too! :D

pumping iron
19th Dec 2006, 03:06
yup i did pm kingair. are you in canada already im planning to start my training on spring or summer next year at harvs air in st andrews.
yes i hope we could start a network or any association of pinoy pilots here in canada.

goodluck to you too! :D

nope am still here in singapore, i will start on spring... March... am doing my ground schooling on-line with harv's air now... hope we'll see each other in any part of canada, hehe!! maybe we'll start a forum for pinoy pilots so we can help each other...

All the best to you bro!!!:D :ok:

pumping iron
19th Dec 2006, 03:08
Hi Guys,

Is there a pinoy network in Singapore/Malaysia?

HI Jimmy,

am not sure if there is, but if there isn't any, we can always start one, right?;)

Are you in malaysia or in singapore? am in singapore right now...

call me if you're here in singapore 94871821..

cheers bro!:ok:

JimmyReeves
21st Dec 2006, 02:48
Pumping Iron,

Cheers!

I actually live in Perth Australia, work for SIA's flying school as an instructor. I will be joining SIA Cargo towards the end of next year. It would be great to meet other Phil pilots up there.

JR

pumping iron
26th Dec 2006, 06:54
Pumping Iron,

Cheers!

I actually live in Perth Australia, work for SIA's flying school as an instructor. I will be joining SIA Cargo towards the end of next year. It would be great to meet other Phil pilots up there.

JR

Hi JR,

Happy New Year!!!

so when are you flying to Singapore? Hope you dont for get to drop a call or message me (if you're not busy that is..)

klintph, KingAir,

Happy New year to both of you!!!

Cheers to all!!!

happy flying...:)

Soundbarviolatr
27th Dec 2006, 02:33
nope am still here in singapore, i will start on spring... March... am doing my ground schooling on-line with harv's air now... hope we'll see each other in any part of canada, hehe!! maybe we'll start a forum for pinoy pilots so we can help each other...

All the best to you bro!!!:D :ok:

We started Filipino American Pilot's Association (FAPA); a non profit organization in the United States aimed towards mentoring young fil-am aviators and networking. No website just yet but we're on MYSPACE.COM under groups.

Best of luck and keep the networking going.

SBV

klintph
27th Dec 2006, 16:04
We started Filipino American Pilot's Association (FAPA); a non profit organization in the United States aimed towards mentoring young fil-am aviators and networking. No website just yet but we're on MYSPACE.COM under groups.

SBV

just curious sbv how many members do you guys have on FAPA?

regards,

pumping iron
28th Dec 2006, 01:56

SBV

Thanks for the info SBV. ;)

Soundbarviolatr
28th Dec 2006, 04:41
just curious sbv how many members do you guys have on FAPA?

regards,

So far the count has reached 30+. composed mostly of San Jose State University Aeronautical Fil-Am students in San Jose CA and 6 board of directors from Military, Test, Airline, Regional, Corporate and Charter Aviation. The pick up is steady as we have to go through legalities of making it an official non-profit organization but the members are dedicated and the network has already been brought to international reach.

nandyg1
3rd Jan 2007, 03:28
hi guys wife and i are just about to "land" in canada , anything about jobs for a320 crews there for us pinoys?:)