PDA

View Full Version : Spending too many pennies...

bar fly
30th Nov 2006, 09:17
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2006-11-30T033706Z_01_PEK202036_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-CHINA-TOILET.XML&WTmodLoc=HP-C13-Oddly-2

Well if fuel consumption is affected so greatly by a douzen or so dumps per flight, I would like to know how much extra cost obese passengers are responsible for. Would it not be fair to charge passengers according to their weight? Why does every passenger have to compensate for lard-arse's extra fuel consumption? Is this MOL's next cost cutting idea?

:confused:

Grainger
30th Nov 2006, 10:40
carrying one kilogram of items . . . by air for one hour uses 0.2 kg of fuel.Sounds like they should be encouraging people to take as many dumps as possible !

G-CPTN
30th Nov 2006, 11:02
A Chinese airline has calculated that it takes a litre of fuel to flush the toilet
Most airlines use water . . .

On reflection it seems only appropriate that the cost of the ticket should be proportional to the weight carried. All airlines charge for excess baggage (and presumably a proportion of the ticket price covers the baggage allowance), so why not weigh all passengers and charge accordingly.
Seems only fair . . .

Shaggy Sheep Driver
30th Nov 2006, 11:15
Why would I want to visit the bathroom before taking a flight? I thought they wanted the pax to take a dump, not a bath. :rolleyes:

bar fly
30th Nov 2006, 11:17
I guess the response would be that it would be unfair to subject overweight passengers, or lard-arses, to the indignity of having to be weighed. That's not my problem though, and they (medical conditions aside) are able to control their weight. Personal choice is fine, be as fat as you like, but I resent having to pay for it.

Tricky Woo
30th Nov 2006, 11:38
Easy solution: stop cleaning the aircraft toilets to deter unnecessary visits. The pubs cottoned on to this donkey's ago. Only the very desperate indeed would take a poo in a pub loo. Saves a fortune in cleaning staff wages too.

TW

slide blower
30th Nov 2006, 11:53
leave the large passengers alone!.
as FA,thats FLIGHT ATTENDANT and FAT ADMIRER.
i say the bigger the better.
role on the SSBBWs!.

Davaar
30th Nov 2006, 11:55
Easy solution: stop cleaning the aircraft toilets to deter unnecessary visits. The pubs cottoned on to this donkey's ago. Only the very desperate indeed would take a poo in a pub loo. TW

Try the "facilities" in the train from Guangdong to Hongkong. Only the inexperienced would fail to clear all internal systems before embarking on that trip.

ExSimGuy
30th Nov 2006, 14:45
I guess the response would be that it would be unfair to subject overweight passengers, or lard-arses, to the indignity of having to be weighed.
Lard-asses are unfair to the rest of us; not only do they increase the price of ticket for your average 12-stone guy, the buggahs also take ununfair proportion of the 2, or 3, seats beside each other

Being seated beside one of these fatsos too often, I object to then hanging over the side of their seat into my space, and knocking my food off my fork with their paravanes when I'm trying to eat :mad: