PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Marmalade

CUNIM
29th Nov 2006, 19:20
Well, this morning I had the pleasure of partaking of my latest purchase from Brussels - Robertson's Limited Edition Marmalade. YUM YUM. It are wel smaakelik. Yer carn't get it in the UK SOB SOB. For moi, it am the only tasty one left, not too sweet and a whale of a taste. No it don't taste like whale just luvverly. One was interoduced it by ones friend in Brussels some years ago, but on moving back to Blighty, one couldn't find it and the response to ones letter to Messrs Robertsons was, no they only made it for foreign geezers. Damn long way to go for ones favourite toast topper.

B Fraser
29th Nov 2006, 19:49
There is only one, Keiller Dundee Marmalade, everything else is imitation

oh, and Robertson's Lemon Curd is rather good too :ok:

Wholigan
29th Nov 2006, 19:59
Mine !

G-CPTN
29th Nov 2006, 20:22
Day to day - Chivers Old English. It's thick-cut and 'stiff'.

Was brought-up on Golden Shred (well there had been a War on) - weak, watery by comparison.

Bought some Harrods with whisky but that was wishy-washy.

handysnaks
29th Nov 2006, 20:31
Frank Coopers Oxford English
If it was good enough for Missee Lee it's good enough for me!:8

Foss
29th Nov 2006, 23:01
All thick cut should be banned, it's horrible.
Nice lemon thin stuff, great.
Peanut butter and jam, also great.
Even chilli sauce, also great.
But no thick cut marmalade :yuk: :yuk:

Dear God help me, I'm turning into a grumpy old man.
Fos

allan907
29th Nov 2006, 23:30
There's only one marmalade. Oranges picked from tree and made into marmalade within the hour. Mmmmm!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/allan907/jamlabel.jpg

Orders now being taken!!!

Blacksheep
29th Nov 2006, 23:46
Mrs B gets it from the Womens Institute stall at the saturday market. They make it by marmalising real oranges - so it tastes of oranges and has lumps of peel in it, just like in the olden days.

The WI do great jam too - proper jam, not that "jelly" crap that the Americans eat. The damson's my favourite.

BlueDiamond
30th Nov 2006, 00:33
I like that Rose's Lime Marmalade ... don't see it too much around here though. :(

allan907
30th Nov 2006, 00:36
Bluey Have you tried Coles? Saw some there yesterday.

BlueDiamond
30th Nov 2006, 00:41
Thanks, allan, I shall do that. :ok:

The late XV105
30th Nov 2006, 00:52
Marmalade?
M a r m a l a d e?
Amateurs!

All breakfast connoiseurs know that it's MARMITE on well done toast that you really want! Slurp.

27mm
30th Nov 2006, 05:02
Try Frank Cooper's 3-Fruit Marmalade (Orange/Lemon/Grapefruit) - v tasty, especially in a bacon sarnie

matkat
30th Nov 2006, 05:27
There is only one, Keiller Dundee Marmalade, everything else is imitation

oh, and Robertson's Lemon Curd is rather good too :ok:
BF absolutely correct it was the first ever marmalade and all else is obviously copies, also as i come from Dundee am definately biased:ok:

Jinkster
30th Nov 2006, 22:39
Coopers Oxford :ok:

BombayDuck
1st Dec 2006, 03:34
Thanks, allan, I shall do that. :ok:

Oi! Where's post #10 gone?! :confused:

G-CPTN
1st Dec 2006, 04:20
Gone with p*st c*unts every one.

When will they ever learn?

Loose rivets
1st Dec 2006, 04:59
One did not like marmalade when one was one...or two...or three, but at three and a half, one's great aunt, who looked after mum and me during the war, made some at home. Stank the house out, but tasted sooooooooooo good that one still has it every morning. EVERY morning.

Here in the Texas Rio Grande valley, one can get Smucker's. ( 'with a name like that, it has to be good') they say on telly. Well, it's not bad, but it aint like home. the Oxford is nice on French (Oooo don't tell that I said that) roll. nice and fresh and...well, bready. Skinny is nice for a change, but I soon pine for the thick wadges of peel jamming ( Ooo silly word to use ) between me teeth.

Living in a land where it is variously called "preserves" or even "jello" or "jelly" one has to be carful to get the real thing.

The Rivetess has purchased a second suitcase for the return trip. Vosine, Imperial Leather and Marmalade will take up most of the capacity. One is truely British down to celular level.

EDIT to say that I do not put Vosine or Imperial Leather on me toast.

Buster Hyman
1st Dec 2006, 08:00
This thread is just a distraction from the main event...the answer to which, of course, is Vegemite!:ok: