PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian scam--again--with an aviation twist

Krystal n chips
29th Nov 2006, 16:43
They do keep coming. This one, however, was a cut above the rest-or rather it was more original.

From a Dr Greg Thambo----Financial controller---South African Civil Aviation Authority---wow !

Seems the good Dr would like to part with $USD 28.5m--fine, sounds good to me :ok: and goes on to say that he is Secretary to the Contract Award Committee----the $$$'s are from an over inflated contract invoice ( wouldn't happen over here or elsewhere of course----the admission bit I mean:p ) and because of his position, questions might be asked if he tried to transfer the $$$'s---perceptive man this Dr Greg---so could I help him please. Just a few details concerning my ID etc--not bank details however--strange that--and the little bits at the end which, er, sort of say it all--he has "no previous involvement in commercial activity"---he was doing sooooooooo well until then:rolleyes: and his banker has assured him the transfer is 100% risk free.

Is this a new one, or has it been around for a while ? .

Lon More
29th Nov 2006, 16:46
Sounds like a new twist.
Suggest the money could be transferred under the disguise of a contract to polish the radials of the VORs and brushing the glideslope.

BOFH
29th Nov 2006, 16:51
It seems that over-invoicing oil contracts is out of vogue.

Bait the mugu from a different address. Make him get a tattoo, eat a live mouse, get his tackle out and paint it blue (in lead paint, naturally).

These :mad: take off tsunamis, hurricanes, Steve Irwin and the Holocaust.

Go get'em.

BOFH

tilewood
29th Nov 2006, 18:44
If some of these scammers spent a little more time putting their
brains and energy into working for a living instead of leeching
off the sweat of others, then perhaps they, and their African countries may actually be dragged into the 21st century.

airborne_artist
29th Nov 2006, 20:39
perhaps they, and their African countries may actually be dragged into the 21st century

It's my personal experience that when they have more money, most African men just spend it on more lady friends.