PDA

View Full Version : Absent-Minded Brits....

ORAC
29th Nov 2006, 11:51
Brits are most forgetful in the world (http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=OM2731463G&news_headline=brits_are_most_forgetful_in_the_world)

Brits are the most forgetful in the world, with a survey today showing cabbies in this country found more than 300 mobile phones in their taxis every day.......

The global poll of 2,000 taxi drivers revealed those in the capital found more mobiles, handheld pcs and laptops in the back of their cabs than anywhere else. However electronic devices are only the start of the bizarre items drivers find.

One item left behind on purpose was a drunken woman, left as a tip for the driver by her boyfriend.

And one British driver had £100,000-worth of diamonds someone forgot to take with them, while another accidentally left a machine gun.........

tony draper
29th Nov 2006, 12:09
This is summat that makes the news every once in a while,the strange things left of trains and buses airyplanes,apparently every lost luggage office has a few false limbs,glass eyes sprogs prams complete with sprogs in some cases.ect.
:uhoh:

Re-entry
29th Nov 2006, 13:29
FFS. ORAC. Get a life. Quit quoting newspapers. Quote some poetry.

Spui18
29th Nov 2006, 13:44
Re-entry leave Mr. ORAC alone, you hear me!

tony draper
29th Nov 2006, 14:44
Yer leave Mr ORAC alone, Poems is for sissies, :rolleyes:

HowlingWind
29th Nov 2006, 15:07
Brits are the most forgetful in the worldThe metric used to make this judgement is the number of mobile phones left in London cabs compared to Mumbai and elsewhere. One might think that a more likely conclusion would be "Londoners" rather than "Brits". However, given that a conceivably large proportion of London cab pax are neither Londoners nor Brits, the only reasonable conclusion is that London cab riders are more forgetful than those in other places, which proves...umm, what? :rolleyes:

Certainly a disservice to tar all Brits based on such limited data. Yet another pointless meaningless "statistic" fed to us by the media in order to...frankly, I'm not sure why they persist in printing crap like this. :=

Now, what was I up to before I read this? :p

Foss
29th Nov 2006, 15:08
Always wondered about the abandoned fake limbs.
Do you get off a train and realise that you are limping a lot worse than you were in the morning, then fall over. Or, go to the shop, buy a new false leg, thinking it's going to be a lot better than the one you're wearing which is getting old, then just leave it behind, maybe it could walk home on it's own.
And crutches, how do you get out the train and walk along the platform without noticing the lack of a walking aid.
Fos

rab-k
29th Nov 2006, 16:27
Frankly, I think you're all talking a load of old bo££ocks.

Now, what were we talking about again? :}

G-CPTN
29th Nov 2006, 16:28
Never heard of miracles, Fos?

Lon More
29th Nov 2006, 16:34
And crutches, how do you get out the train and walk along the platform without noticing the lack of a walking aid.

Don't know how they do it now, but in the past some of the BR sandwiches were old enough to have been rejected at the Biblical feeding of the thousands. Maybe they possessed miraculous properties?

Foss
29th Nov 2006, 16:53
Oh aye, heard of miracles. I had a really bad knee injury from rugby and was on a walking stick for months, miracle I didn't loose that. The stick, not the knee.
Then my father stole the stick. So I lost it anyway.

As an aside, I'm not fond of walking sticks, old people at the post office can use them, but I certainly couldn't, more difficult than it looks.
Fos

ThreadBaron
29th Nov 2006, 18:49
I might be the exception tha proves the rule. Left me specs in the pub by work this evening. Which makes the perfect excuse to be there at opening tomorrow. No work can be done!:cool: See ya .... or maybe not.

tony draper
29th Nov 2006, 18:54
Hmmm speaking of which one has just walked into ones living room and sat down upon one's prooning chair with one's kettle still in ones hand leaving one's cuppa in the kitchen,
Should one commense to worry?
:uhoh:

Foss
29th Nov 2006, 19:17
Nah, I wouldn't worry Drapes, it usually takes me at least three boils to work out what exactly I was doing.
Books. There's a problem.
Have you seen my book anywhere. Which one. The red one. Is it in the toilet. No. Is it by the bed. No. You've put it somewhere stupid, like a bookcase, I hate you. Where is it. I don't know.
Five bookcase search for tidied book. Pretty annoying.
Fos
This sounds like Dog's life, but they're pretty similar.
Fos twice