PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Airlines

Le Pilot
29th Nov 2006, 06:17
Formerly known as CR Airways.

Name change yesterday with an elaborate ceremony at the Four Season's ballroom but no news in the SCMP, IHT or here? :confused:

Probably because they got their overflight permission through Kamchatka.;)

Congrats to Bauhinia!:D

Sky Hooker
1st Dec 2006, 10:50
Anyone with any sort of Info on this new outfit which was formerly known as CR Airways.

Terms and conditions for a captain based out of HKG.

Housing allowance must be a concern before joining them

Appreciate if someone out there could answer the above Questions

All the best

Cheers

junior83
2nd Dec 2006, 05:40
Are they hiring? Based in HKG? Anyone with info pleaseee..:)

rwyctrln
2nd Dec 2006, 11:16
sky hooker, if your questions are asked more politely, there maybe some answers. sounds like airlines have to hire you based on your considerations.

anyway, here are some info and rumours :

rumours say they are hiring. but requirements are changing

it is no more known as CR Airways. Hong Kong Airlines now and different outfit from before.

yes, based in hkg junior83. probably some search over the net might help out ;)

pay and package is not that great compared to other airlines hiring right now as no housing or allowance !

widebody ? hmmm, maybe not now. only 3 a/c's now but more otw according to the net.

anyone else care to share more info ?

AAIGUY
3rd Dec 2006, 10:19
A fair but not entirely accurate post.

HKA is hiring,and we are getting more NG's every month (4th is being delivered straight from Boeing in SEA later this week. The next to follow within a few weeks).

Conditions are good and are improving. Compared to CX, we get more salary, but less benefits. We also get a whole lot less stress and a cool group of guys to work with.

Sky Hooker
3rd Dec 2006, 17:34
AAIGUY thanks for your response.

Any idea what a Captains salary is................

More info regarding the terms and conditons for a Captain would be really appreciated.

Cheers

rwyctrln
3rd Dec 2006, 20:12
If the salary is more and better than cx, then i guess the guys from all over the world is applying with benefits without housing allowances especially when it comes to HK. :} is there alot of stress in cx ? :rolleyes:

404 Titan
3rd Dec 2006, 21:27
AAIGUY
Compared to CX, we get more salary, but less benefits.
What the…….? :confused: You want to quantify that because I seriously doubt what you have said is true. It was only a few months ago that people on this forum were saying how bad the salary and benefits package was compared to CX. I doubt it has turned around in that short time?

AAIGUY
3rd Dec 2006, 22:45
I was referring to "starting" salaries at both companies. At CX you join as a SO at a certain rate, at HKA as a FO at a higher rate. CX gets better MPF, housing ect..benefits. For actual cash $$$ in the account every month, HKA gets more.

7Q Off
3rd Dec 2006, 23:06
But in Hong Kong Airlines you don’t get housing, so you need to pay it from your own pocket. Unless you plan living in a tent :8 . In Hong Kong housing is real problem. So after paying your own housing, the question is how much cash in your account?

One thing is for sure, if Hong Kong Airlines expands, they will need to improve the package to attract new crews. Asia will have a shortage of qualified crews in the next 4 to 5 years. At least these new companies. CX, KA, and the big ones will always have qualified crew.

777300ER
4th Dec 2006, 02:35
Unless your homeless, the housing allowance at CX can essentially be considered as CASH. In fact it is paid as cash every month on top of ones check.

404 Titan
4th Dec 2006, 02:51
AAIGUY
At CX you join as a SO at a certain rate,
You obviously didn’t research that comment very well because if you had you would realise it was wrong.

So if you want to compare pure salaries of a CX S/O with a HKA or what ever they are called today F/O’s wage, it would be interesting to see because I doubt there would be much in it. Quite frankly though leaving housing out of the equation, particularly in Hong Kong is in my books not comparing apples with apples. How much is a CX S/O left with in the bank after paying for housing compared to a HKA F/O, especially if they both have families. That would be interesting to see?

So the next time you want to compare one companies salaries with another, I suggest you compare apples with apples because you aren’t doing any potential aspiring newbie to your company any service by telling them they are earning a higher salary than a CX S/O when you aren’t telling them the whole story. The benefits as you call them are what makes living in Hong Kong (One of the most expensive cities in the world) bearable, especially when you have a family living here with you.

rwyctrln
4th Dec 2006, 03:30
VERY well replied and we all know now what are the salaries like. AAIGUY has to do more research and thinking before quoting or spelling things out on certain sensitive issues and also respect his own company and others. apples to apples good 1 :ok:

AAIGUY
4th Dec 2006, 08:40
VERY well replied and we all know now what are the salaries like. AAIGUY has to do more research and thinking before quoting or spelling things out on certain sensitive issues and also respect his own company and others. apples to apples good 1 :ok:

Apples to apples indeed.

At the end of the month I have more cash in my pocket (AFTER RENT) than a CX SO who receives housing.

I am not interested in carrying on this idiotic debate of mine is bigger than yours. HKA is a great place to work.

nike
4th Dec 2006, 09:16
Gidday AAIGUY,

Would you please post what the package is now at HKA?

Does this increase each year?

And how long until left seat?

Cheers.

Five Green
4th Dec 2006, 09:51
AAAIGUY :

While it may appear on the surface to be a "mine is more expensive than yours debate" you must also sonsider that if you over hype your package (so to speak) you are only doing yourself and others at HKA a dis-service. If the applicants know the deal is bad they won't come and then HKA might even have to sweeten the contract !

Market forces and all.

FG

gyro
4th Dec 2006, 11:19
Not all is as cut and dried as mine is bigger than yours perhaps....

The original poster on this thread is a senior operational office bearer with the comany whose name change he is advising, and it seems obvious AAI Guy is also beating the same bushes trying generate interest in the "new" company.

Nice double team guys, or is there only one?

rwyctrln
4th Dec 2006, 12:11
rent must be real cheap for AAIGUY then :} anyway, as long as the individual is happy it's good then i guess :O well, back to the topic, cx's salary is still better with benefits and rent :ok:

404 Titan
4th Dec 2006, 12:17
Sky Hooker

It isn’t a case of mine is bigger than yours at all. What some of us are trying to highlight to hopeful wannabes is that some on this forum will try and exaggerate HKA conditions of service by telling you that you will be better off than a CX S/O. You will not especially if you have a family. For all I know those peddling this rubbish are HKA management trying desperately to hide the truth.

To be quite clear about it a CX 1st year DESO will receive and monthly base salary of HKD$32213.00. On top of this they are entitled to claim up to HKD$24150.00 per month in housing assistance that can be used to pay for rental accommodation or pay off a mortgage if they buy a property in Hong Kong. On top of this is medical coverage, loss of licence insurance and a contribution of 15½% of your monthly base salary into your provident fund each month.

The latest conditions I have seen for CR Airways in July this year stated a gross first year income for F/O’s of HKD$41000.00. I have even seen on other threads on this forum that CR Airways deduct 15% off your gross income each month for the first three years and if you don’t leave they pay it back. If this is true then the real gross pay is really about HKD35000.00. I’m not sure if this is true though.

So who is going to be better off in their first year? The CX S/O who is getting up to HKD$56363.00 gross per month and can use HKD$24150.00 to pay off a mortgage in Hong Kong or a HKA F/O who is earning about HKD$41000.00 gross per month but has to pay for their own housing out of this which is going to be in the order of HKD$5000 – $10000.00 per month if they are single and considerably more if they have a family.

You don’t have to be a mathematical genius to work that one out. All you wannabes have now been given the truth. It's up to you to take it on board if you are smart.

nike
4th Dec 2006, 14:12
to Quote myself:

Gidday AAIGUY,

Would you please post what the package is now at HKA?

Does this increase each year?

And how long until left seat?

Cheers.

To choose between CX S/O and HKA F/O. Help us out here.

Unfortunately we cannot compare apples with apples. What we (if indeed this is seen as a source for potential employees aka cheap advertising) need is the basic gen, and then each of us can chew on that apple, or pear, or that fat sour grape as we see fit. Please, don't tell us how good you think it is, instead tell us your various COS, and then we can figure out the rest ourselves (or not).

It would be better to put the facts on the table and let all 'n' sundry debate it in our own minds. Or at the very least put forward your opinions, together with the facts rather than as has been mentioned -this pissing contest between potentially deviantly motivated individuals.

peace out.

P.S. 404, cheers for the gen fella.

AAIGUY
5th Dec 2006, 00:29
Sky Hooker
IThe latest conditions I have seen for CR Airways in July this year stated a gross first year income for F/O’s of HKD$41000.00. I have even seen on other threads on this forum that CR Airways deduct 15% off your gross income each month for the first three years and if you don’t leave they pay it back. If this is true then the real gross pay is really about HKD35000.00. I’m not sure if this is true though.

You don’t have to be a mathematical genius to work that one out. All you wannabes have now been given the truth. It's up to you to take it on board if you are smart.

Except it's not the truth. I will not post the T&C's publicly, but FO makes more than the 41,000 and all pilots recieve an additional 15% bonus after 3 years on top of everything you earned..actual pay is nearer low 50',000 s if averaged.

again, I am not here to point out who is better, only to say the deal here isn't bad and is getting better all the time.

7Q Off
5th Dec 2006, 00:38
again, I am not here to point out who is better, only to say the deal here isn't bad and is getting better all the time.

I like that. :ok:

Five Green
5th Dec 2006, 00:53
Except it's not the truth. I will not post the T&C's publicly, ....

Eerr why not ? Embarassed ?

I'll show you mine if......oh forget it !!

FG