PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Dar es Salaam

Cabair351
27th Nov 2006, 15:45
Hi Can anyone tell me if they know of any hotels in Dar es Salaam close to the Airport.

Thanks for your help.

CathayBrat
28th Nov 2006, 05:20
Not really any decent ones near the airport, they r mainly in town. depending on budget there is the Kipinski kilimanjaro, 5*, v nice,v expensive, the holiday inn, carbon copy of all their hotels, about $160 a nite, or the peacock, clean, cheep $80ish, and not bad, stayed a couple of times and its the closest to the airport, on the main rd to town. Enjoy:}

eastafrican
28th Nov 2006, 10:27
Hi...

There are some decent hotels in dar es salaam in the city centre around 8-10Kms away from Airport.

These are New Africa Hotel, Harbour view Hotel, going for around US$110 Bed & Breakfast. These are in the city centre.

Cheaper options are Econolodge, Safari Inn, Jambo inn going for around US$40-50. These are ideal for backpackers who only require a clean bed. No good service. It is also in the city centre.

There is the Movenpick hotel or recently opened Kilimanjaro Kempinski hotel which are slightly upscale. Something also great is Seacliff Hotel,,,, i just love it,, it is facing the sea,,, and roughtly 12Kms from Airport.
The beach hotels are slightly expensive and far...

If you will be in DAR. i suggest a visit to Bongoyo Island... just like those pictures of mauritius/maldives...clear blue water,,, etc,,,
It is around 20min boat ride from Slipway costing US$12per person.

all the best.

hasnain

B Sousa
28th Nov 2006, 14:53
Did the New Africa Hotel a few years ago. Very nice and cheaper than the big chains.

Soap Box Cowboy
28th Nov 2006, 15:53
40$ for Safari Inn? Damn prices have gone up. For a cheaper place check out the YMCA and YWCA.

Cabair351
29th Dec 2006, 12:55
thanks for the advice stayed at the peacock, pretty good.

KeMac
31st Dec 2006, 09:37
I stayed in the Kilimanjaro several years ago. I don't know if they still have the very pleasant open air roof top restaurant but one night I took the stairs instead of waiting for the lift which took me to the restaurant through the kitchen - big mistake - somehow the food lost its lustre for me that night.