PDA

View Full Version : Ryan contract pay ??

LowpassB737
27th Nov 2006, 15:44
Just got the "you´re in" mail from Ryan.... I can choose between a "FR-direct" job and the Brookfield contract... What´s the diff.. and how much do they pay you on each?? If anyone have other useful info please... don´t be shy...... :)

easymoney
29th Nov 2006, 10:55
Heard a rumour that it's only worth taking the BK contract if you intend to dodge paying tax. Otherwise you are better off on a Permanent Contract.

There are different payscale at BK, depending on your position. Give them a call, sure they'll have the answers. My info may be out of date....or maybe not as you'll never get an increase once on BK contract. So that's an inflationary decrease every year.

Warning......the taxman will get you eventually..........

Either way once you are in check out repaweb.org for all FR employees permanent or contract.

Ramsey
29th Nov 2006, 12:14
Dear Ladies/Gents,
As our half year results demonstrate, staff costs (+36%) are rising at a much faster rate
than our passenger growth (+23%). This was largely due to the disproportionate
number of pilots in this year’s recruitment, and reflects the fact that pilot pay is
significantly higher than average salaries across the company. We therefore need to
tightly control pilot costs going forward.
From 1st January 2007 our basic rate of pay for new Captains at Dublin will be €66K pa,
which, in addition to Dublin sector pay, equates to a gross total of approximately
€110,000 similar to most of our other Euro bases.
Any Captains who are considering a transfer to Dublin, and who wish to avail of the
current Captain’s basic rate in Dublin (€70K) should therefore make an application prior
to 7th December next in order to secure the current Captain’s pay rate at Dublin (if your
application is accepted).
Captains who have successfully applied for a Dublin position before 7th December who
have signed the training bond and have been accepted for Command training prior to 31st
December will continue to be paid at the current Dublin Captain’s rate if they
successfully complete their training and are appointed to the Dublin base following 1st
January 2007. Any new Captains in Dublin after that date will start at the new €66K pa
basic rate.
May I therefore urge any pilot wishing to avail of a command position in Dublin to take
this opportunity and apply now, prior to December 7th.
Best wishes
Peter Bellew
General Manager-Flight Operations

This is the latest offer from FR to ryanair pilots.. €66K for a captain...What can I say but DO NOT join. Your contract will never be honoured and t&c`s are getting worse by the day..

the grim repa
30th Nov 2006, 05:08
Give brookefield a call.If you cannot believe what they tell you then you should not work for them,or do you suspect that already.

Waggon rut
30th Nov 2006, 07:42
Believe me Scenic if you were "FULLY AWARE" of what is going on in ryan right now you would be looking else where. There are huge problems, that is putting it lightly.
Wagg

Hirsutesme
30th Nov 2006, 09:01
You will probably find that you will be forced to take the brookfield contract anyway, depending which base you get, which wont be the one you want:*

inveritas
28th Feb 2007, 20:15
The Brookfield contract is simple. Captains euro 125 per sched block hour and fo with some hours euro 75 per sched block hour. You get paid gross and sort your own tax. Many now do their tax in IRL as it is best for a self employed and you can offset lots of expenses and do a tax effective pension. You pay 4.50 for recurrency per sched hour. You get paid on approx 10th month by bank transfer and you nominate a bank. PM me if you need more data - I have been toying with switching for legitimate tax reasons.

Carmoisine
28th Feb 2007, 21:38
Income Tax and Brookfield Pilots? Interesting combination.

Borealis
2nd Mar 2007, 10:59
I´m supposed to start my TR in may, and having read most of the RYR threads, I´m just a littlebit concerned (!) about what I´m going into.
Now, I´ve got my TR and line training govered, but would someone be so nice to tell me the basic pay and sector pay after line training ( it´s half sector pay to begin with, isn´t it?), and then after 1500 hrs. Facts would be appreciated...

P.s. This may be a stupid question, but I haven´t seen this mentioned; isn´t Leo-Camelhair MOL scrambled? (Less one letter)

Carmoisine
2nd Mar 2007, 11:09
Now I´ve got my TR and line training govered, but would someone be so nice to tell me the basic pay and sector pay after line training ( it´s half sector pay to begin with, isn´t it?),

So let me get this straight.

You handed over nearly 30,000 Euro for a type rating and all the expenses in paying your own accom. during line training, and you didn't even enquire what the salary might be? You have not even got the faintest idea, and you didn't decide to ask until afterwards?. Ryanair love guys like you, you will fit right in.

I have some magic beans for sale, could I interest you in taking a few of them off my hands?

(P.S when you realise what a shafting you have just gotten, come and visit us at www.repaweb.org , it is about the only place that anyone will be willing to hlep you)

Aloue
2nd Mar 2007, 11:16
Borealis you really need to understand what you are getting into.
You might want to continue when you have the info. - but don't do this unless you have some financial reserves.

There are NO rules or documents regarding your pay. Terms change constantly. You will be promised things, but the promises may not be kept.

You will sign contracts with different people. You can be dumped upon without warning.

There are protagonists for both sides of the argument here. Best of all is to take the time to read the Ryanair threads here on PPRuNe. The investment of a day or so to this may be the best investment of your life.

The constant warnings to low time pilots are normally ignored. But there are consequences to be lived with.

Borealis
2nd Mar 2007, 12:03
Thanks for the advise, guys. Let me get one thing straight; I haven´t signed anything yet and believe you me, I have thought about this A LOT!!! The thing is RYR have told me basically how it goes, and then I read all what´s been said on the threads, and left with not such an accurate outcome:ugh: Therefore I´m trying to hear from someone that can tell me how things are right now...

delwy
2nd Mar 2007, 17:31
Borealis this link provides information which is now out of date. However, it tells you all you need to know - because nothing has changed, except that the position of co-pilots, and especially cadets, has got worse.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214074 ( See Post #7)

essexboy
2nd Mar 2007, 17:49
Borealis,
What does it say in your contract?
Would you buy a car from a dealer without a comprehensive contract or Warrantee so why the hell are you paying all this money for a job without at least the same? Wake up guys your not children any more!