PDA

View Full Version : Vs Lgw - Mco

Felix Saddler
27th Nov 2006, 08:04
Hi, i am going to florida on the 1st of Jan 2007 with Virgin Atlantic. I currently have a transfer in the morning which arrives into LGW (hopefully) at 7:45AM from NCL. What are the thoughts on checking in? Should i do it online before I travel or just simply wait until I arrive into LGW and do it at the neccessary check in point?

Also has anyone got any tips or advice on anything that may ease the stress of things during the first part of the journey?

Regards FS

Globaliser
27th Nov 2006, 14:12
I currently have a transfer in the morning which arrives into LGW (hopefully) at 7:45AM from NCL. What are the thoughts on checking in? Should i do it online before I travel or just simply wait until I arrive into LGW and do it at the neccessary check in point?I would check in online for the VS flight.

But then I would not worry, for two reasons. One: You have 3½ hours between flights (assuming you're on the early VS), so you have ample cushion for things to go wrong. Two: There is a second flight on which VS could reaccommodate you if things go really pear-shaped and you miss the first flight. You probably have no right to this, if you're on a cheapie ticket and you've bought the two tickets separately, but there is always that possibility.

However, if your BA NCL-LGW flight was booked separately, you will have to reclaim your baggage at LGW and lug it over on the shuttle from the North Terminal to the South Terminal to check in again.

goshdarnit
27th Nov 2006, 16:40
Felix, I know it is not always possible, but you could always try to have your connecting flight the day before - have a nice relaxing evening in the local area, take advantage of the VS twilight check in, and generally have an easier time.

TSR2
27th Nov 2006, 20:25
As you are travelling very early on New Years Day, perhaps the biggest danger is a last minute cancellation of the NCL - LGW flight. Otherwise can see no problems.

Felix Saddler
28th Nov 2006, 08:13
As you are travelling very early on New Years Day, perhaps the biggest danger is a last minute cancellation of the NCL - LGW flight. Otherwise can see no problems.

How much of a possibility is this?
As far as the VS tickets are concerned i booked my holiday with Virgin along with the tickets.

28th Nov 2006, 12:16
If you've got a few hours to wait at LGW, and you're flying economy class, it might be worth having a word with the check in staff, and asking nicely if you can get into the Virgin lounge. They've let me in a couple of times when I've had a 4 hour wait between flights.
If not, you can sometimes pay to go in (at the entrance). I think it's £25. Once you've had a nice breakfast, a few coffees and other refreshments, it's not bad value at all.