26th Nov 2006, 17:45
God bless America!!

CargoMatatu
26th Nov 2006, 19:25
"And if you can't find a place for that bag, I'll put it in the cockpit."

"Perfect! Well done, Jasmina. Now we have them!":yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

VFE
26th Nov 2006, 20:07
I wonder how long it'll take for some busy-body to identify the airline and complain about inappropriate behaviour? :rolleyes:

VFE.

Loose rivets
27th Nov 2006, 02:16
Went to Home Depot today...(B&Q) ish place. Walked in the door and a nice middle-aged man, in an orange apron, was singing Chrismasy things. He looked at me and wiched me a nice day...as warm as toast he was. Cheered me up no end.:)

Buster Hyman
27th Nov 2006, 02:56
Patriotism comes in many forms. His came in a way that he could provide it, in cheering up his PAX. He perhaps assumed that there had been tension on some flights since that day, so took matters into his own hand.

Well, I'd probably have cringed, but that's the way I've been brought up. "Get on with the job & don't bring attention to yourself!" Good on him for doing something!:ok:

Huck
27th Nov 2006, 03:23
Went to Home Depot today...(B&Q) ish place. Walked in the door and a nice middle-aged man, in an orange apron, was singing Chrismasy things. He looked at me and wiched me a nice day...as warm as toast he was. Cheered me up no end

Pension-less UAL pilot, retired.

con-pilot
27th Nov 2006, 03:57
Pension-less UAL pilot, retired.

Dang, how did you guess? :p

Huck
27th Nov 2006, 04:31
Because my uncle R one.

He got lucky and got a King Aire job - no stacking lumber for him....

Cripple 7
3rd Dec 2006, 16:04
If I pull a stunt like this, I will be fired.

Two's in
3rd Dec 2006, 16:29
Few weeks ago an AirTran Captain got on the PA in the departure gate, got everyone's attention, and then talked everyone through the whole loading routine of standing in the aisles, heavy bags under seats, rollers in wheels first etc, etc, and then said we would only get out on time if we worked as a team with the crew. Most amazing bit of CRM I've seen in a while, getting 120 members of the SLF to buy in to being part of the team. Worked like a charm and probably took him 4 or 5 minutes of his time, and led to a much more informed and relaxed attitude. Great stuff.

allan907
4th Dec 2006, 01:05
It makes a change for the SLF to be treated as human beings (even if some of them aren't!) :E