PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Crew Transport

Z Force
25th Nov 2006, 02:33
Well it seems that nobody arranged crew transport for the crew in Bangkok to get to the airport. So how did they get to the airport you may ask? I kid you not, by tuk tuk....They may be a low cost outfit but I really feel that this is taking things a bit too far.

locosmoko
25th Nov 2006, 03:23
Get your facts right 'Z force'. I'm guessing by your intimate knowledge of the operation in BKK you can only be the operating crew or a very close friend of a staff member in the operation.

If that is the case, I am wondering why you have chosen to hide the truth from the forum......:=

Z Force
25th Nov 2006, 04:31
It is the truth.

locosmoko
25th Nov 2006, 06:13
JQ not booking...? 100% Factually incorrect

jack red
25th Nov 2006, 07:01
I thought Jet* only employed locals out of BKK,in which case travelling to the airport by tuk tuk would be luxury. If they were Oz crew, why didn't they catch taxis and book'em up to the Company?

This thread sounds a bit suss to me. :E

B772
25th Nov 2006, 07:10
Well it seems that nobody arranged crew transport for the crew in Bangkok to get to the airport. So how did they get to the airport you may ask? I kid you not, by tuk tuk....They may be a low cost outfit but I really feel that this is taking things a bit too far.

Z Force. Do you know what a tuk tuk is ?, have you ever been to Bangkok ?.

You may be interested to know Suvarnabhumi (VTBS) is 26 km from the "tourist area" of Bangkok.

Tuk Tuks's are not permitted outside inner Bangkok. If they were to go on "the open road" they would create a traffic hazard as well as tipping over everytime there was a strong breeze or a truck or bus/coach passed them at speed.

Whoever told you this furthy must think you are guilable !

Shitsu_Tonka
25th Nov 2006, 07:33
I suspect they had arranged for stairs for the aircraft however, unlike.....

ZFT
26th Nov 2006, 01:38
Apart from Tuk Tuks not being allowed on highways and freeways, they typically charge more than taxis (for foreigners) so not very low cost either!!

Z Force
26th Nov 2006, 01:56
I have to admit to being surprised when I heard tuk tuk's as I did wonder how they would go on a freeway.

virgindriver
26th Nov 2006, 05:04
Out of curiosity, where do jetstar tech crew stay in Bangkok? Is it far from the airport? And,,, are they all Thai cabin crew or a mixture?

Any one know?

Capn Bloggs
26th Nov 2006, 06:22
Somebody please post a pic of a tuk tuk! Curiosity has got the better of me!
What's a tuk tuk's demonstrated crosswind limit?

RENURPP
26th Nov 2006, 06:28
http://www.into-asia.com/photos/bangkok/tuktuk/tuktuk.jpg

ShockWave
26th Nov 2006, 08:50
Is the guy in the back wearing his summer J* uniform?
The F/O must be following along behind with the Captains suitcase!

Pete Conrad
27th Nov 2006, 06:10
I wouldn't of thought a tuk tuk would have been wide enough to fit the head of a Jetstar captain and F/O?

WilliamOK
27th Nov 2006, 07:48
What's a tuk tuk's demonstrated crosswind limit?

Heheheheheh

Capt Fathom
27th Nov 2006, 10:16
I thought Tuk Tuk's were being phased out. Hence the much improved vis in Bangkok these days!

B772
27th Nov 2006, 10:41
I thought Tuk Tuk's were being phased out. Hence the much improved vis in Bangkok these days!

The tuk tuks in BKK are now running on LPG and still have ''Lukey" mufflers. Pollution has been reduced considerably.

The max cross wind component for a tuk tuk is very low especially if a tight turn is attempted. Saw a tuk tuk near Santa Cruz (Mumbai) a number of years ago tip on its side with the 2 pax trapped underneath when a tight 180 was attempted. Not a pretty sight !.

Karmakoma
27th Nov 2006, 10:57
Aahh yes if you pay them a bit more they will race for you. A few more Baht gets you in the racing hot seat. Make no mistake this is crew transport alright just not to sign on just home from a heavy night of being told how "handsome you are":} :} :} :}