PDA

View Full Version : CASA and Credit Card Fraud

Marauder
24th Nov 2006, 19:39
:ouch: I was checking my VISA statement online and behold $130:00 for Civil Aviation Woden.

Ah for my medical back in August 06. Dear old CASA, better late than never, but when it comes to collecting $$, it is normally sooner.

Then time for a brain fart. I checked back through my old VISA statements, and sure enough, CASA $130:00 in August 06.

Looks like CASA are double dipping with medical charges.

They will probably call it an administrative error, I call it Credit Card Fraud.

IMHFO I would suggest that you all carefully check your Credit Card statements for CASA Fraud.

dragchute
24th Nov 2006, 21:39
In the corporate world one pays ones account on formal issue of a tax invoice. It’s called ‘an audit trail’ and one that ‘company auditors’ adhere to. CASA refuse to issue a ‘tax invoice’ for your flight crew medical fee. Instead they ask you to ring in your credit card details. They won’t process your medical until you have done so. Obviously in your case they couldn’t match payment to a specific invoice and feel they have licence to multiple-charge you!

What happens if they owe you money? Try this little gem from their finance section!

“CASA must pay for the goods or services within 30 days after the latest of the following:
(a) title in the goods (if applicable) has passed to it and the goods been accepted;
(b) satisfactory completion of the services (if applicable);
(c) receipt of a correctly rendered invoice.

Double standards! Yes. Their internal finance policy and their auditors won’t allow them to pay their contractors without meeting all three conditions.

ContactMeNow
24th Nov 2006, 22:22
Is it possible to take a government organisation to the ACCC?

OpsNormal
24th Nov 2006, 22:26
Is it possible to take a government organisation to the ACCC?

Yes it is. :E

gann
24th Nov 2006, 22:41
i'm sick of hearing people being so negative about the people at casa. on calling to check on a cpl license issue recently i asked how i should pay the $130.........was told this had already been paid, asked them to double check as i know it hasn't been paid.......yes definitely paid. if you ask me they're doing a great job, then again maybe they took the extra 130 off Marauder to pay for my cpl.:}

VH DSJ
24th Nov 2006, 22:55
I have to agree with gann. I've been flying around with my class 1 issued and valid now for 3 months and they still haven't docked my credit card. :zzz: If their books balance, then think someone's been double charged somewhere in the system :O

halfmoon
24th Nov 2006, 23:31
The problem is, most people know no better. These casa fees are the most ridiculous and uncalled for cost recovery idea ever. Simply over charge the pilots and anyone who is willing to pay. i will cancel my card as soon as my licence goes through.
just venting

bushy
25th Nov 2006, 01:39
Businesses handling more than $50,000 a year MUST provide a tax invoice for monies collected. If they do not, the payer should only pay 48% of it, and send the rest to the tax office.

WilliamOK
25th Nov 2006, 05:45
I paid my medical 'fee' by cheque. It seemed eaiser, plus I don't have a credit card.

Torres
25th Nov 2006, 07:43
A letter to your credit card provider advising CASA had fraudulently debited your Credit Card twice would sharpen CASA's attention to detail!!!

Boney
25th Nov 2006, 10:29
As far as I know, CASA moved the whole of their office back in September so mistakes are bound to happen.

Give them a break, eh?

Already, every managerment in every aviation company in Australia from Q to the local skydiving company thinks their pilots are dogs and treats them like cnuts, ..... it would appear???

Don't let our attitude make CASA think of us like dogs as well!

Ejector
25th Nov 2006, 12:30
After 3 ignored emails and 4 phone calls and hanging up on the 21st minute of on hold and not receiving my medical in the post I reported CASA to my bank for credit card fraud for not delivering a service. Got it in a hand written overnight post 4 days later.

My bank was happy to help, it was a small bank, not a giant mungral bank. Not their first dealing with CASA I believe.

EJ :O

"A letter to your credit card provider advising CASA had fraudulently debited your Credit Card twice would sharpen CASA's attention to detail!!!"

kookabat
25th Nov 2006, 13:43
Funny, someone must have found a pile of 'to be processed' medical fees on their desk. Mine (also completed Aug 06) was debited this week. :* :* :*
At least the medical certificate itself didn't take so long@!!!

witwiw
25th Nov 2006, 20:54
paid for mine with credit card... received a receipt.
a little while later they had sent me the "you need to pay the $130 medical processing fee" letter.
i called, on hold for over half an hour and told them i had paid, they couldnt find a record of it even after telling them of the receipt number!!! took several days for them to finally realise that i had indeed paid.... :ugh:

probably is a good idea to go through the statements to make sure that i havn't been hit twice!