PDA

View Full Version : CDG 2F: The Worst Security Queue in Europe?

Gouabafla
24th Nov 2006, 07:42
I've just connected (again) at terminal 2F at CDG. I reckon that the security queue for gates 41 and above is the worst line I've ever gone through. The staff are friendly and curteous, so I can't (and don't) blame them, but the line goes on for ever and there are only two scanners for a huge number of people to get through. After 20 hours travelling and being desperate for a coffee, I really didn't enjoy having to wait for forty minutes in a barely moving security line. It takes a bit to be worse than Heathrow, but CDG 2F manages it.

Any other candidates?

manintheback
24th Nov 2006, 07:51
Other Candidates? CDG1.

SXB
24th Nov 2006, 14:14
I didn't think 2f was that bad, I've been through a lot worse.

I believe there are 4 security belts there but only two metal detectors. For me Heathrow is far worse

spud
24th Nov 2006, 20:01
CDG. The old terminals need knocking down and the new ones keep falling down.

goshdarnit
25th Nov 2006, 19:31
CDG. The old terminals need knocking down and the new ones keep falling down.

LHR. The old terminals need knocking down and the new ones take too long. And LHR must have been designed that way - that level of heartache cannot have happened by chance.

GDI

backseatjock
25th Nov 2006, 19:45
Agree re the LHR comment. Unless you are flying BA and through T1 business/first check-in, the security situation is often a disgrace :* Almost as bad getting through immigration now in T1, now that long haul also fly in.

For me, at least, Heathrow is even starting to make Dulles airport in Washington seem pleasant.

EDIspotter
26th Nov 2006, 18:48
Passed through T2F on 3rd and 6th November. Queues were poor. Folk were kissing their connections due to it.

On the 6th, the first day of the plastic bag/100ml regs, queues were unreal. Made no difference to me anyway, my connecting flight got cancelled and I had a 9 hour wait.....

Gertcha
27th Nov 2006, 09:19
Mrs Gertcha and I passed through LGW South terminal on 17 November, around 9.45am. I have never seen a bigger queu for security. The queues went from both sides of the security entrance and the one that I joined started at the Thomson ticket desk in Zone A, then by the escalators upstairs was at least 6 people abreast.

Luckily, just as we got to the escalators, we were directed upstars to a new security area and got through quite quickly.

OFBSLF
29th Nov 2006, 17:20
While at CDG, don't forget the 20 minute bus ride too and from the remote stand, in the overcrowded bus with everyone else who has been on the overnight, 8 hour flight. :\

BOFH
29th Nov 2006, 17:38
Folk were kissing their connections due to it.
Crikey!

SYD blows goat - I mean, it's a tourism-based economy! Either obtain VAT refund (about 700 quid last time) or miss flight (about 900 quid). This was with a three-hour lead time, Australian citizen.

BOFH