PDA

View Full Version : Penguin in Mild Peril at Movies

Two's in
23rd Nov 2006, 19:40
There's a kids movie just come out here called "Happy Feet", and it's an animated (or CGI to be boring) film about a Penguin who can't sing, but is a really good tap dancer. Sounds reasonable so far, right? I just went on-line to get some tickets (Thanksgiving is a really long day if you don't eat Turkey) and saw the review. It included this;

Rating: PG - some mild peril and rude humor

Amongst the attached reviews were these gems;

Didn't like the psuedo Christian faith portrayed as a villianous hinderence. Someone in "Happy Feet" has issues and is projecting them on the screen to pollute the population.

I had a few quibbles with the amount of plot,

Remember, this is a cartoon about a tap-dancing Penguin in the Artic. What the hell is "mild peril" and just how much "plot" were they expecting? I think the ability to have fun and treat some things as just good-natured rubbish is rapidly being lost.

frostbite
23rd Nov 2006, 20:08
I've been laughing at that 'mild peril' shown with the numerous TV adverts I've seen!

It's just more PC nonsense, although it can be childishly amusing, as can a lot of PC stuff.

Perhaps some JBers ought to have 'moderator peril' for their title?

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
23rd Nov 2006, 20:12
Remember, this is a cartoon about a tap-dancing Penguin in the Artic .

To top it all, the poor little bugger finds himself in the wrong Hemisphere as well.

click
23rd Nov 2006, 20:13
OPUS??? Tap dancing? Bring back Bloom County any day I say. Mah favourite cartoon....can't fathom poor opus being forced to tapdance though....must've run up quite the bill on those phone sex lines:)http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e353/mc04181980/opus.gif

The Hustler
23rd Nov 2006, 20:40
Nah - Opus would be the providing the tunes to dance to - although I'm not sure you can tap-dance to tuba music . . .

Steve: 'Heavy Metal'?
Opus: 'Weighty Brass' - give me a break.
(From "Billy and the Boingers"):ok:

Two's in
24th Nov 2006, 00:40
GBZ - Thanks, now I remember why Polar bears don't eat Penguins...

eden47
24th Nov 2006, 14:31
I've been laughing at that 'mild peril' shown with the numerous TV adverts I've seen!
It's just more PC nonsense, although it can be childishly amusing, as can a lot of PC stuff.
Perhaps some JBers ought to have 'moderator peril' for their title?

'moderate sex' is another one that appears regularly..wtf is that?!

aidanf
24th Nov 2006, 14:40
eden - you saying you've never enjoyed a bit of moderate sex ... what an unfulfilled and sheltered life you lead.

(actually I consider 'moderate sex' a compliment, when one asks one's partner how it was for her :( )

Dop
24th Nov 2006, 15:30
GBZ - Thanks, now I remember why Polar bears don't eat Penguins...

(All together now...) "Because they can't get the wrappers off..."

Aythengyew!