PDA

View Full Version : l45 opc , any words of wisdom!

judy the rudder
23rd Nov 2006, 19:04
Thanks to all for your viewpoints and tips much appreciated.
After going back to my company and CP and going through all of these points they have helped me a tremendous amount and pointed me in the right direction to which I am sincerley greatful. I have found it more difficult than I thought it would be transitioning from the sim.I realise that they know what they're talking about not me.

So for my employer out there and they probably dont read this many,many thanks for all your words of wisdom and patience if it wasnt for those chaps I would be watching somebody else sit in my seat and do a better job.:sad:
JTF

Kaptain_Kaos
23rd Nov 2006, 20:53
It appears that you have been led into the trap by your examiner and you were just a bit uncurrent to smell the snares. Unfortunate and harsh but sometimes it happens.

Whats more important is your attitude. Accept that you didn't meet the standard on the day and move on. If your examiner is a "punisher" and not an "educator", that is his problem.

If you think that you could have done better on the day then you obviously could have prepared better.

The worst thing that can happen is that you hold the "punisher" responsible for what you perceive to be a major failing. The resolution of your issues are far more important than his.

Enjoy the rest of your flying career.
:) :)

Cheers

CL300
24th Nov 2006, 10:56
I failed my Opc the other day after 4 weeks of not flying since doing my Type rating on a lr45. but now I am made to feel I am un trainable. I have been flying for ten years pistons and Turboprops in more exotic places around the world and I am in no position to argue with neither the examiner nor my employer and so my job is on the line. [COLOR=#000063]Any tips and advice welcome on how to pass an OPC .

OPC... They do have a part B don't they ? Did you know company sop's ? Back to front and vice-versa ?
4 weeks should have given you enough time to rehearse those. Now if you did not had the sop's before hand like in the sim and or after, this another ball game. If you have done a initial type rating/base check/ line training to OPC without using the proper part B, this is another interesting game. Be humble, try to understand the debriefing, and if this debrief is just piece of c..P and if the management does not want to hear : Move on, it is not a fair company.

Towards the jepp's plate, at Netjets the Pilot monitoring has the plate, truly what do you need to shoot an approach after it is briefed, especially on the 45.. everything is written on the FMS. Target altitude, inbound course, TOD ,minimas and go-around altitude with the path to it.
Do not get overloaded with zillions of infos that you would not need 5 miles to the FAF. And above all : know the F...g Books !!! If you know the books you can fight back, if not you are alone. ( Valid in ANY company)

Keep the spirit high and good luck !!

LRdriver II
24th Nov 2006, 18:05
Still sounds like the examiner was an idiot. Tricking you with incompetant CRM (was he following checklist SOP which might have mentioned that QNH must be set and confirmed by both pilots with a call-out initiated by PNH?..if so, HE screwed up and blamed YOU for it thus failing your OPC to cover his own arse)
Also remember to be more demanding as PH. you tell HIM what you need and dont be cowered be some hotshot captain or examiner. Get them to work their butts off and thus giving you the support you require and they have less time to mess with you.

A first jet rating IS daunting, but remember that you are the boss when PH.

Examiner sounds a total twit. flying a jet aint rocket science even when "up-their-butt" types try to make it so.

my 5p