PDA

View Full Version : Flybe recruiting

Upgrader
2nd Jan 2006, 14:02
Hi All,

Does anyone know which aircraft types and which bases, CitiExpress and Flybe are currently recruiting for?

Additionally, apart from the airlines own websites, does anyone know of any other sites which have up to date info on fleets, routes and future plans etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Upgrader

CaptYanknBank
2nd Jan 2006, 19:27
Hi,

Can't say much about flybe, guess they'd be recruiting for the Dash8-400 and B737. Have been hearing better news about their recruitment policy in recent times, esp regarding lower hours applicants.

BACX would more than likely be recruiting straight onto the Dash8-300 but their web application site is currently closed, there have been a lot of interviews in recent months with a lot of people placed in the holding pool. I believe the interview process has now changed also.
Please refer to the other CitiExpress thread.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188813

Cheers and good luck, :ok:

CY&B.:ouch:

Maude Charlee
3rd Jan 2006, 10:43
Flybe definitely recruiting for the Dash 8 Q400 and in significant numbers. On-line applications only now. Last bases recruited for were Exeter, Norwich and Birmingham, but traditionally Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh tend to have problems retaining crews. Very good mix of experience and backgrounds coming through, with no bias against low hours or modular guys, and healthy numbers of the over 30's. No recruitment for 737 as the flight crew are Astraeus not Flybe.

stall recovery
3rd Jan 2006, 11:28
Just wondering if anyone had heard anything? After finishing the application form I read that if I've not heard in 6 weeks then I've not been successfull. Can't be exact but I think that gives me about 10 days. Not heard or read aolt about it on here, other than essay question threads, just wondered if anyone has had better news...........cheers!

Flying Farmer
3rd Jan 2006, 12:15
Not too sure about this but I would imagine quite a number of suitable candidates filled out the online application form in the few days after it opened.

Given the number of pilots that the company are going to need to recruit, I wonder if applications that exceed the 6 week period specified will be automaticaly binned or deleted. I would hope that suitably qualified pilots would remain on the data base for longer, maybe someone from flybe can give an answer.

I am not holding my breath for a call any time soon, on the wrong side of 40 and a training risk :}

MJR
3rd Jan 2006, 13:22
I thought you had a job FF? And you are not the only one the wrong side of 40.

cheers

MJR

Craggenmore
3rd Jan 2006, 16:11
I wonder if applications that exceed the 6 week period specified will be automaticaly binned or deleted.Considering that the web application went live on the 20th November, the 6 week rule seems ill thought out as the 6th week from that date falls on the 1st of January when no one from recruitment was there.

Also considering that most will have filled out the form soon after the 20th many applicants are now redundant; so I don't think that the 6 week rule will be strictly adheared to. Its just words on a form to give some type of time line.

We'll soon know when people are called forward!

Flying Farmer
3rd Jan 2006, 16:49
Fully agree Craggenmore, but if it is the case that there is a 6 week limit, what applicants need to know is that the details are still on the data base. It may be possible that a new application needs to be made.

MJR now that would be telling ;)

Elixir
3rd Jan 2006, 17:04
Anyone know when Flybe's Embraer 195's are expected to arrive? Just a thought that they may be recruiting for that aswell...or else I guess they'll just have to go through another round of recruitment later in the year. Any ideas?:hmm:

Whispering Giant
3rd Jan 2006, 18:50
Elixir,

The first Embraer 195's are not du to arrive till August, these will be crewed from internal applicant's who have bidded for from the existing 146 and Dash 8 crew's and will not be crewed from external applicant's at the moment.

brgds
W.G

Craggenmore
4th Jan 2006, 08:00
but if it is the case that there is a 6 week limit, what applicants need to know is that the details are still on the data base. It may be possible that a new application needs to be made.You're quite right. Tell us Flybe! :suspect:

What's the betting, that if people are excluded from their recruitment drive via a 6 week database filter from whenever they start to look at it, they won't inform those people who applied 'too soon'.

Just imagine, no job because you applied too soon through no fault of your own; and you will never know. :yuk:

Fingers crossed eh?

Snigs
5th Jan 2006, 21:09
Maude Charlee, the last I heard there were 6 Flybe crews for one Dash in BHX, so I doubt they'll be recruiting for that, unless there is another on the way, and maybe I'd know that!

Maude Charlee
6th Jan 2006, 15:54
Guess you'd better get back in the loop ASAP then. At least 2 new guys joining you very soon, and extra a/c on the way from my info. ;)

QQ44QQ
6th Jan 2006, 16:52
The 6 weeks limit by a further 6 weeks due to the level of interest and the number of applications received.

Super Ted
6th Jan 2006, 16:58
I applied in December and just got a call for interview. About 5 weeks wait. Any more of you out there had any luck?:)

acw350
6th Jan 2006, 20:37
Just a quick one as i am having issues with my current email address (ie , being locked out). How did Flybe contact you all regarding your interview dates etc. Just in the event i have been successful and missing out an email.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Safe flying

Snigs
11th Jan 2006, 21:41
Munch munch, (this is the sound of me eating my hat!)

I have recently been party to a rumour that there will be three dash's in Brum by the summer, which will mean a busy time for the crews. The 146's will be leaving one by one, leaving (in the long run) all dash's and one E195. Some unhappy 146 drivers will be one the market soon, methinks!!!

Maude Charlee
12th Jan 2006, 10:50
Chuckle, chuckle.

I'm rather partial to hats myself. I recommend Salad Cream, particularly for the synthetic materials.

trotts
12th Jan 2006, 11:59
Hi ,

Anyone else out there lucky enough to have been called by flybe for a Q400 course starting 1 Feb? -please get in touch!
Trotts

Snigs
13th Jan 2006, 19:44
Crickey, things move a-pace, the latest is that there will be five Dash's in BHX by the summer!!! :eek:

Salt, pepper and Salad Cream at the ready though!! ;)

Maude Charlee
14th Jan 2006, 14:28
Sounds about right. Should give us at least 3 serviceable a/c then! Ho ho ho.

Jinkster
15th Jan 2006, 11:32
Is this from the online application that went out online?:hmm:

trotts
15th Jan 2006, 12:25
Nope!

This is from a year's worth of interviews and waiting!

Jinkster
15th Jan 2006, 12:31
ok.....many congratulations:)

flybeboi
23rd Jan 2006, 21:43
Hey!
I have cabin crew training with flybe starting feb 1st in EXT, would this be the same?

Charlie Zulu
24th Jan 2006, 06:47
flybeboi, I guess that trotts is talking about a pilot type rating course for the Q400 as they have just been taken on as a first officer. By the way well done to both of you (flybeboi and trotts)!

Plod
24th Jan 2006, 06:52
Has anybody had a reply from the online application. When I first tried applying nobody at HR had any idea where the posts were being sent or who was dealing with them.

Hansard
1st Feb 2006, 15:20
The BACX and Flybe online application forms were identical and everyone used the same essay answers for both. So...............how many people got an interview with both?

And both airlines are looking for quite a number of pilots so are there lucky souls out there who had a choice of first job? If so, whose holding pool did you choose, or are you keeping all options open?

Permafrost_ATPL
1st Feb 2006, 17:25
I got the BACX email. But for FlyBe, so far, "computer says nooooo" :p

Same essays for both...

P

JetAngel
1st Feb 2006, 18:17
Same here..Do you think the Christmas period could have delayed things? :hmm:

Zest
23rd Nov 2006, 14:02
I searched a post on this subject, but found only closed ones.
Did anybody succeed to submit the application online (for flight crew) ?
Everytime I click on "FINISH" to complete it, I have this message :

"Problem occurred (...) Error Code : DA, (...) contact our support (...)" :ugh:

I contacted the support to know if they received my application but no news so far.
Anybody already faced this problem, any idea of what to do with this error ?
Thanks
Zest

Jinkster
23rd Nov 2006, 15:43
Sent my app in about 3-4 weeks ago - not heard a thing........

Pilot Billy
23rd Nov 2006, 17:36
Ditto Jinkster ........Here's hopin! :{

Took 3 attempts tho! That site isn't too user friendly.

Sweeper 22
23rd Nov 2006, 17:47
Likewise!

Submitted my application three weeks ago, so my glass is half full - for now!!

Zest
23rd Nov 2006, 18:46
OK... so let's try a third time ...:bored:
Thanks for your answers, and good luck :ok:

Flying_Mech
23rd Nov 2006, 18:55
I applied 6 month ago. still no answer. :*

Zest
23rd Nov 2006, 21:10
It worked the 3rd time :D
Perseverance ...

Taiguin
10th Dec 2006, 15:54
Hi All,

I am due to start my Dash 8 Type Rating with Flybe on 3rd January. I already know some of the people starting but if anyone esle is due to start then it would be nice to hear from you.

PM me,

Taiguin :)

BlueRobin
10th Dec 2006, 16:28
I slip of the keyboard I hope - "DHC8"

Good luck - I wouldn't mind stooging about in a Q400 at the end of my training :)

Tyreplug
10th Dec 2006, 17:37
Where are you going ?- I'm going to Farn' for renewal in Jan

Taiguin
10th Dec 2006, 20:00
Hey Tyreplug,

We're going to be at Farnborough as things stand at the moment. So we'll likely see you there. Are you currently flying with Flybe then?! If so how are you finding it?!?

I'm very excited and can't wait to get stuck in just wish I could do some learning now to occupy some of my spare time!! :ugh: If only i had a copy of that OPS manual!! He he!

I sound like a swat!! :8

Taiguin

Maude Charlee
15th Dec 2006, 15:52
You'd be wasting your time reading the Ops manual as the current flood of NOTACs mean that it changes almost once a week.

lol

;)

Good place to get started and lots of enjoyable flying. The 400 is a beast at first, but great fun once you get to grips with it. Just chill and enjoy the moment.

Welcome to the family.

Taiguin
15th Dec 2006, 18:51
Hey Maude,

Thanks mate...really eager to get stuck in and i think the Dash 8 is the perfect aircraft to get my teeth into. Gonna relax over christmas since it'll probably be the last one i have off depending on my roster of course!

Talking of which is there any chance you could possibly PM me a month's roster? I was told it would be 5 and 2, 5 and 3, but there was no mention of it in the contract so i don't know for definate. Is there much opportunity for overtime too and do you get paid extra for working some of your days off?! The sooner i can get this training loan paid and my hours up the better!

Any info would be wicked...

Taiguin

Chesty Morgan
15th Dec 2006, 19:08
Taigun, there's no such thing as overtime. You do get flight pay per hour though. Day off payments are 1.5 x standard daily rate plus flight pay. The roster is usually 5/2, 5/2, 5/2, 5/3 (ish)! Like MC says, forget the OPS manualy really and concentrate on the Memory items and cockpit flows, that'll do you to start with.

I'm on my OPC early January so likely see you there:ok:

Good luck.

Maude - What's a NOTAC? :}

Craggenmore
17th Dec 2006, 17:35
The roster is usually 5/2, 5/2, 5/2 Ouch :\

Maude Charlee,

I saw your new Embraer today on the ramp at GVA. Lovely looking aircraft. Who gets to fly it first?

steven938
19th Dec 2006, 05:34
Hi to all you potential Flybe wannabe's. I work at the FlightSafety simulator complex at Farnborough and should you be lucky enough to get an interview or take the initial on the Dash 8 Q400 you'll be visiting us here. Interviews will be in the Beech 1900D or Saab 340B depending on availability and the Q400 sim is running 20 hrs a day 7 days a week.

Remember to say hi to the techs too. You fly these things for fun. We fly them for a living. LOL.

Steve

Taiguin
19th Dec 2006, 10:15
Hey Steven,

I guess we'll see you down there in January then. From what i saw at the assessment day it seems a very good set-up. The ride in the Beech 1900D was my first full motion sim but at first nobody told me to shut my eyes when they reposition you back to the threshold....:ooh: I know for next time now!!

Roster of 5/2 5/2 does sound interesting!! Best not tell the g'friend!! Lol

Taiguin

Maude Charlee
19th Dec 2006, 19:59
Hey Maude,
Thanks mate...really eager to get stuck in and i think the Dash 8 is the perfect aircraft to get my teeth into. Gonna relax over christmas since it'll probably be the last one i have off depending on my roster of course!
Talking of which is there any chance you could possibly PM me a month's roster? I was told it would be 5 and 2, 5 and 3, but there was no mention of it in the contract so i don't know for definate. Is there much opportunity for overtime too and do you get paid extra for working some of your days off?! The sooner i can get this training loan paid and my hours up the better!
Any info would be wicked...
Taiguin

Day off payments for an FO work out at something like £150 apparently (Chesty's formula is like many parts of our T's and C's designed to ensure you are baffled as to what you are entitled to :} ). As for the roster, it largely depends on base. Some have a more stable working pattern than others, but wherever you are, there is no fixed roster.

The company has promised to address the issue as lifestyle is the biggest bugbear amongst crews, and the primary reason folk leave. Rostering will try to ensure it works out at 5/2, 5/2 but you may work 4/1, 6/3 or any other wierd and wonderful combinations. Your week will always start with an early duty and finish on a late. Again, specifics depend on base - in Birmingham earlies are the long shifts (either 4 or 5 sectors with a start around 0600 and finish 1400 or later) and late shifts finish around 2200, whereas somewhere like Belfast, lates are the long day with 6 sectors (1130 - 2100ish) but earlies finishing by lunch.

I enjoy it here, but then again I was dropped on my head repeatedly as a small child.

:}

Maude Charlee
19th Dec 2006, 20:02
Ouch :\
Maude Charlee,
I saw your new Embraer today on the ramp at GVA. Lovely looking aircraft. Who gets to fly it first?

Yeah, she's a fairly nice looking bird. First dibs goes to existing 146 crews, and as far as I am aware, strictly by seniority.

No chance of a direct entry to it as a newbie FO, nor from the Q400 as things stand. Obviously once the 14sick has been retired, things will change.

endofeng
23rd Dec 2006, 09:15
MC,

There are lots of guys moving from RHS Q400 to RHS EMB195....

Problem is you will more than likely have to move base, and yes it does go off seniority. Some guys I know have been with the company less than 2 yrs and getting the EMB.

Good Luck to all!

-------------
endofeng:ok:

ToneTheWone
23rd Dec 2006, 10:26
Dear Taquin

Well done on getting the job with Flybe. I was ammused by your quote of:-

"The sooner I can get this training loan paid and my hours up the better!"

Does this mean that you're looking to leave already??

No offence meant and have fun.

ToneTheWone:ok:

papazulu
26th Dec 2006, 15:23
Hello gents

I wonder if any of the insiders of both parties (Maudee Charlee & C.) have a snif of what's going on with the last recruitment run...Everything frozen till merge/crew relocation is completed or ...what?

FlyBE seems not longer be one of the wannabes favourite topics since the acquisition of BACon was announced...

:ok: PZ

Jinkster
29th Dec 2006, 14:52
did anyone actually hear anything back from flybe?

Perf groups - if you did the JAA ATPLs you will have done Perf A and correct me if im wrong cover all the rest.

Good luck!

Taiguin
29th Dec 2006, 15:19
Perf Subjects are Flight Planning, AC Perf, & Mass & Balance. They want to know your marks for these i think although i'm not 100% sure. Hope this helps mate,

Taiguin :ok:

speedrestriction
29th Dec 2006, 17:29
It sounds like it might be a hangover from pre JAA exam days where you had to do a separate exam for the different performance categories. High time to update the paperwork

sr.

Maude Charlee
2nd Jan 2007, 17:17
........if the applications are screened by computer in exeter before a real person gets to see them, which fields would see your application binned before it got through the computer screening?

The flight ops admin department wishes there was a computer that screens them all. :}

All done by hand you may be shocked to learn.

Only reason we have an app form anyway is because BACON use it (and guess where all the management involved came from?), hence why it is completely and utterly unsuited to it's purpose. It wasn't designed specifically for flybe, it was simply copied from another airline, where it was already out of date and poorly designed.

Just keep firing in the applications and hope for the best.

papazulu
3rd Jan 2007, 10:16
MC, you seem to know a little about the whole process...

May I associate a question myself? I might need to change some items in my AF since I am about to relocate so I wonder who and how to get in touch with to submit any changes. It seem pointless to fill another AF, ain't?

Regards

PZ :ok:

expedite08
16th Feb 2007, 15:53
Hi all,

Does anyone have some productive info on Flybe's current and forseeable recruiting requirements? Eg time from applying to being called forward to interview/assessment etc. And just general info about the process.

Would apprecite anything anyone has (productive please!). Im not interested in the BACON debate.

Feel freeto PM

Cheers

Expedite :ok:

GusHoneybun
16th Feb 2007, 16:05
Applied online last october, got a call last week asking if I still wanted an interview.

ramshorn
21st Feb 2007, 21:31
Hi all.
I'm just filling out the new Flybe online application and i'm trying to enter my flying hours.
Where should I put my dual(training)hours in each section.
I guess its not P2 and the only other option is P1/S??

Cheers:ok: :confused:

Craggenmore
21st Feb 2007, 23:44
Ramshorn,

Having just taken over BACON why are FLYBE opening up their recruitment database again (especially considering that no one was plucked the last two times?)

Put dual in P2 and the rest under P1

BIG MISTER
22nd Feb 2007, 01:44
Take a look in March 2007's FLYER magazine for an interview with Flybe as regards their requirement for pilots over the coming years. Might answer some of your questions.

Good Luck ! :}

buzzc152
22nd Feb 2007, 09:28
Which leads to me ask, how does one define an 'experienced first officer'.
I've got 1000hrs single crew with 500 multi engine but no multi crew hours. Is it worth me going along to one of their recruitment days ?

bunnywabbit
22nd Feb 2007, 09:58
YES!Your in a better situation than most with that twin time!
The amazing part about it its FREE no fifty quid to read your CV.What have you got to lose even if your present employment is okay there is no harm in networking and keeping abreast of the industry gossip.

Polarhero
22nd Feb 2007, 10:06
Bunny is right, whats is it going to cost to go? Petrol money to drive to it and thats about it.

Thats the reason i am going to the one in Leeds on the 27th, and i only have 340 hrs total. Whats the worst they can do not give me a job :rolleyes: well nothing new there. :ugh:

I always say if you don't ask you don't get, so go for it.

Cheers

:ok:

P.S if anyone from the Lincoln sort of area wants a lift drop me a PM

angelorange
22nd Feb 2007, 12:09
Expect salary around 23k with a NON reducing bond over 3 years of 13.5k. By experienced seems they want airline experience on JAR25 to be considered for better pay and prospects. Know someone who had over 4000 hrs incl 1300 MCC commercial multi turbine and 2600 P1 who was told they'd get standard deal mentioned here.

Hirsutesme
22nd Feb 2007, 12:54
The NON reducing bond is about to go, it will revert to usual taper.

angelorange
22nd Feb 2007, 13:03
I think they will need to improve the start pay and offer more secure basing to attract more experienced FOs. Even Oxford are now paying 40k basic for PA34 Instructors.

papazulu
22nd Feb 2007, 15:53
Hi gents...
Just dropped in after a while. I wonder if anyone has news from their HR dept. since I need to update my CV after I submited my AF long ago (Dec, just after they reopened...). Is anyone that is worth to talk with? In the past I had a nice chat with a lady that took care of my request and acknowledge of positive outcome. I tried again, then but without joy, so...

Thanks a lot to those who can help

arpansingla
22nd Feb 2007, 16:35
A job on the Q400 with Flybe your starting salary is around £24k whereas on the BAe 146 with Flybe you start on around £35k. You get paid almost 50% more with jets, why is this the case?

Also, how much does the Flybe flight pay amount to annually?

Thanks in advance

Arpan

Dude~
22nd Feb 2007, 20:09
PPJN says flybe flight pay was £1.77/hr in 2005, so you could expect about £1500 anually. In some airlines you get about this ammount for duty hours, not just flight time, so you might get nearer £3000pa.
No idea why jets are so much better paid but I sure a glad they are!:)

420 HB
22nd Feb 2007, 22:09
Hi, does antone have any idea of when the dates of the road shows are? i can't seem to find them on the flybe website. Perhaps someone can post any details they have. Thanks

EGCC4284
22nd Feb 2007, 22:17
http://www.flightglobal.com/Jobs/200...ight-crew.html

http://www.flightglobal.com/Jobs/200...uk-flight.html

Job Description
Captain or an Experienced First Officer - UK - Flight crew

If you are a Captain or an Experienced First Officer, come and talk to senior pilots from the Flybe team at our regional pilot road shows, or visit www.flybepilots.com

PLYMOUTH
Venue: Copthorne Hotel
Date: 27th February 10am - 4pm

SOUTHAMPTON
Venue: Holiday Inn (Eastleigh)
Date: 28th February 10am - 4pm

GLASGOW
Venue: Holiday Inn (Airport)
Date: 27th February 10am - 4pm

EDINBURGH
Venue: The Hilton (Airport)
Date: 26th February 10am - 4pm

MANCHESTER
Venue: Crown Plaza (Airport)

LEEDS
Venue: Britannia Hotel
Date: 27th February 9am - 2pm

ABERDEEN
Venue: Thistle Hotel (Airport)

NORWICH
Venue: Holiday Inn (Norwich North)
Date: 27th February 9am - 1pm

*Please visit website for full package details.

smith
23rd Feb 2007, 08:52
Probably because they are faster, carry more people and make a bigger revenue for the company.

silverknapper
23rd Feb 2007, 09:14
I know it has been comented on before but a good mate of mine who now sits in the LHS of an airbus always laughs at how as he passed every stage of his self improver route - from instructing on a BCPL through single crew air taxi and turboprop work to his current job, the salary has always increased, whilst the job gets easier!

mad_bob
23rd Feb 2007, 15:06
Nope, the reason we get paid more on the Jet is quite simply we are better looking than those on the Turbo fleet :E

angelorange
27th Feb 2007, 18:03
From other pprune thread apparently a 10 year Jet Captain takes home £3300 per month which includes flight pay and benefits - This less than an EZY FO !!!!
Nice how Turbo start salary has dropped £3000pa in just 3 months!

south coast
27th Feb 2007, 22:21
Are the roadshows, just 'turn up when you like' type thing and have a chat, or are they a programmed day and you should be there from the start till the end?

They are not like a thing that you have to book to go aswell, can anybody just turn up?

mikepops
2nd Mar 2007, 09:39
Tried applying online but cannot register. After filling in all the fields in the registration page the only option is to return to the previous page. Any ideas?

https://www.bondadaptwm.com/flybe/website/createapplication.asp?jtype=&un=&emailmatch=True&ps=FO

Canada Goose
2nd Mar 2007, 12:14
mikepops,

If I recall from last week they send you an e-mail with a password. Simply return to the online aplication with your password and log-on. I have to say, well done to Flybe for finally getting a decent online application system up and running - much better than their previous system. From chatting to a friend of mine he said it sounds identical to the Easy Jet system which is also run by Bond !

Good luck.
Cheers,
CG

bolty_1000
8th Mar 2007, 12:20
I applied online back in November 06 and since then the online application form has changed.

I was just wondering if anyone re-applied on the new form or not?? How long are you supposed to leave it until you apply again?

cheers

Flying_Mech
8th Mar 2007, 17:34
I doing it now, but it takes ages. Need more then 2 weeks. hehe.:hmm:

juniorjetclub
17th Apr 2007, 12:56
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me what bases FlyBe operate their E195s from?
Thanks very much.

Chesty Morgan
17th Apr 2007, 13:29
Currently Birmingham, Exeter and Southampton.

juniorjetclub
17th Apr 2007, 14:02
Hello Chesty, thanks very much for the info.

KFTW
17th Apr 2007, 22:40
Hi,
I received this e-mail from FLYBE last week.Is this good indication?Anyone received call after this e-mail?(If yes,after how long?)

Thanks

"As you will undoubtedly be aware, on Sunday 25th March we completed the acquisition of BA Connect and so have been really focused on creating Europe's biggest regional airline with 152 routes, over 3,000 employees and some 10 million passengers annually.

Inevitably this rapid growth will create many opportunities for talented pilots. We have had a great response to our campaign and have received over 1,000 applications so far. I must apologise for the delay in responding to your application, please bear with us while we process your application as quickly as possible over the coming weeks."

Regards,

KFTW.

ob74
18th Apr 2007, 08:09
yes recieved the same thing last week. dont read too much into it. standard letter.:\

mupepe
18th Apr 2007, 18:09
4 days between that letter and phone call !
should be in real need of aircrew there !

3legs
19th Apr 2007, 10:14
Same email here with me but still nothing heard.

Email was dated 29/03 :confused:

good luck to you all

3legs :ok:

flihi
19th Apr 2007, 15:52
Received same e-mail on 29/03.

I applied for fast track command. Over 3000hrs including 2000 M/E turbine and over 500 command hours.

Not optimistic.

one day soon
24th Apr 2007, 21:27
Sorry KFTW but Im yet another one who got the same email on the same day!:suspect:

Roja
25th Apr 2007, 11:06
Hello

I seen on PPJN they are no longer recruiting, can anyone confirm this ????Current Situation: First Officer recruitment has been frozen for the time being, to concentrate on recruiting Captains. Don't expect any RHS jobs until after Summer 2007

Roja :{

Megaton
26th Apr 2007, 06:24
Lucky escape for all those First Officers then!

Roja
26th Apr 2007, 15:43
Hi

Thanks for your input Ham Phisted, could you explain further ?

Can anyone else advise of if they are still hiring First Officers ?

Roja:ugh:

5 RINGS
26th Apr 2007, 16:05
The situation exposed hereabove is perfectly clear & true...try to find yourself an odd job til next autumn...this is not a rumour, this is a fact coming from FltBe's HR itself.

smith
27th Apr 2007, 00:53
FWIW there was a flybe q400 in the circuit at Prestwick today, so at least some kind of training is going on. Also the EMB 195 was in the circuit last week also.

saviboy
27th Apr 2007, 01:49
Has anybody heard of pilots getting hired with FAA ATP.? On flybe's website, it is stated that it is a possibility

Deano777
27th Apr 2007, 11:15
If they have frozen employment then their website says the contrary

First Officer

Flybe believes in rewarding its pilots and employs some of the highest paid turboprop pilots in Europe. Pilots joining us now as First Officers will be earning almost £30,000 after two year’s service.
We have vacancies for our Dash 8 Q400 fleet at most of our bases.

5 RINGS
29th Apr 2007, 10:03
been invited for interview last year but not able to attend...in contact with them since then on a regular basis...if you prefer believe the website, that's your choice mate!

BlueRobin
29th Apr 2007, 12:09
I will be seeing Ian Cheese soon so will ask about their prssent FO status.

5 RINGS
1st May 2007, 11:18
Thanks for your positive contribution!

Ronaldsway Radar
1st May 2007, 11:43
As per Don Derby, more FO's needed this summer and autumn. Will be recruiting another 12 min around November time. Rough figures though, but nothing about present situation. Guessing none needed until late 07?

Rgds
RR

brooker100
2nd May 2007, 20:04
Does anybody know if Flybe are recruiting this year? I looked at the website, no postions listed. Anybody know any different?

speedrestriction
2nd May 2007, 20:13
There are several active threads on Flybe - there is even one on this very forum. Please do a brief search before starting a new thread.:ok:
Try HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=253470) for starters.

sr

redflyer
2nd May 2007, 20:59
Flybe are training a lot of existing dash 300 crews ( ex ba connect). The last lot start there course in July. Once they're out of the way,and the company knows the requirements, who knows what will happen.:)

Ian_Wannabe
24th May 2007, 22:25
Hey - anyone know how long you have to wait until you can re-apply for Flybe?

Ian_Wannabe
28th May 2007, 10:37
****Bump****

Ian_Wannabe
31st May 2007, 22:22
Has no one been rejected and tried again??

nickyjsmith
7th Jun 2007, 07:02
Flybe are still recruiting, my instructor had a sim ride a month ago and has just had an early July start date.

Deano777
7th Jun 2007, 08:19
Nicky

I know the guy you are talking about, all I will say is trust me when I say this does not mean FlyBe are actively recruiting, I'll see you in a couple of weeks ;)

BlueRobin
7th Jun 2007, 22:47
So did your MCC at youknowwhere help with seeing Monsieur Fromage pour la interview? I hear Logan also will see you having done it there.

fly616
8th Jun 2007, 12:04
Anyone been through the flybe interview recently?
I have one coming up.
Can anyone help with what to expect?
what type of questions?
Any technical questions etc.

Thanks

camel toe
12th Jun 2007, 09:54
Not sure if this is any use to anyone looking for a low houred position at Flybe but I recently had the privilege to hear from the mouth of head of HR that they prefer you NOT to pay for your own type rating, they would rather just have you straight from the MCC course as they can Type Rate you for £13k (reducing bond) as it will all be with their SOP's from day one.

They are due to receive another 2 Q400 sims (one next week) which should see some shorter waiting times too.

They did also say they only look for frozen lads and lasses with 85% pass marks in the ground school and first time passes in CPL and IR. Anyone out there recently taken on who can confirm or deny this?

Cheers

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande?"

sussexlad
12th Jun 2007, 13:24
Hi, would appreciate a bit of help from anyone who has been through the online application, firstly can I list the simulator hours (from the IR and MCC), if so where would I input them?

Secondly I completed my CPL and ATPL's in the UK, when the application asks for license type should I input JAR, or UK license (I think it may be referring to the pre-JAR UK license but I want to be certain).

Many thanks! :)

hard_landing
12th Jun 2007, 18:11
This is on their web site

"The flybe Pilot Recruitment Team have now received over 800 applications for First Officer positions with the Company. We intend to commence First Officer Recruitment during July 2007 and will be contacting individuals over the next few weeks.

We apologise for not being able to contact everyone individually but will endeavour to do so as soon as we can."

expedite08
12th Jun 2007, 19:30
Would be interested to know more about the 85% minimum on the groundschool front.( if its true??) might mean a couple of re-sits for me to get my marks up!! my lowest was 82%!!!

speedrestriction
12th Jun 2007, 21:27
I think what they look for is an average score of 85% and better without any repeats. Also first series pass rather than a first time pass. Having said the that, they do not seem to be hard and fast rules.

You will probably find at interview that they are more interested in getting a good picture of who you are and finding out if your head is screwed on straight.

sr

sussexlad
18th Jun 2007, 16:13
Hi, would appreciate a bit of help from anyone who has been through the online application, firstly can I list the simulator hours (from the IR and MCC), if so where would I input them?

Secondly I completed my CPL and ATPL's in the UK, when the application asks for license type should I input JAR, or UK license (I think it may be referring to the pre-JAR UK license but I want to be certain).

Many thanks! :)

Hi, don't suppose anyone could help with this? I'm ready to push the submit button but want the application to be completely accurate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

blueskiesup
18th Jun 2007, 16:41
How about a pass in the second attempt(non first/second series era), would they look at that??.

speedrestriction
18th Jun 2007, 22:08
Sussexlad - JAR in all likelyhood, check the cover of your license.

expedite08
1st Jul 2007, 09:06
Hi all,

Do Flybe require you to have an MCC Certificate before applying or do they put you through it on type training?

Would be grateful for any help

Many thanks

Expedite

Deano777
1st Jul 2007, 09:56
You have to hold an MCC beforehand, I was asked to present mine at interview. Pretty much the norm with nearly all airlines I should imagine.

Maude Charlee
2nd Jul 2007, 11:03
Officially yes, but they are prepared to make an exception in special circumstances. I met a guy who had been offered a job with the company prior to his sim check, and subject to a satisfactory performance on this check ride would be starting with the company the following day. He had no MCC (the company was going to pay for this for him), but he was a resident of Guernsey and at that time the company was desperate for a new FO at the base with residency rights.

airbus,boy
2nd Jul 2007, 18:39
Most of flybe's planes are twin piston engine planes, does this mean you only need up to a certain rating, not a full course.I heard you only need a icr or something and you are allowed to fly piston planes for reward or higher.

Deano777
2nd Jul 2007, 18:46
erm, flybe have no piston powered aircraft, they are turbine powered.
To fly any turbine aircraft you need a type rating, and before you can do a type rating you need a CPL/IR & ME rating, (someone tell me if this is incorrect)

airbus,boy
2nd Jul 2007, 18:57
Turbine sorry,i hear that is not a full course, you leave out all of the jet stuff out.Would that be a cheaper course to do or is it worth just doing jets.I do not care one bit what airplane i am flying, just aslong as i have a good salary.If you worked for someone like flybe and only did cross country flights,how long would you be at work for,i know it would be shorter that most other pilots.

Flaperon75
2nd Jul 2007, 19:05
gulp...... are you for real?

Forkandles
2nd Jul 2007, 19:23
I'm going red for you now, airbus,boy...

early_bird
2nd Jul 2007, 19:23
Firstly, I am by no means claiming to be an expert on this. In fact, I'm just about to start my training. :)
In 'Laymens (sp?) terms' a Turbine (also known as a turbo-prop or turbo-jet) engine, is a 'Jet engine' with a reduction gear box 'slapped' on to the front.
As far as i'm aware, all multi-crew aircraft, or at least all turbine powered aircraft (thats turbo-prop/ turbo-jet and fan-jet) require a type rating.
As for the time you spend at work, I would imagine that all opperators aim to get the maximum out of theyr'e employees which I believe this is 900 flying hrs per year - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers,
EB

airbus,boy
2nd Jul 2007, 19:38
I thought to fly turboprob aircraft for flybe you only had to obtain a certain licence.I think its called cpr, im not sure but please correct me if im wrong.

Flaperon75
2nd Jul 2007, 19:42
You are wrong.....

.... to work for flybe you need to have a fATPL and an MCC certificate.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.flybe.com/vacancies/fo.htm

Callsign Kilo
2nd Jul 2007, 19:48
The minimum requirements for Flybe is a Frozen ATPL. That consists of a CPL & Multi Engine Instrument Rating (IR) and MCC (Multi Crew Co-Operation Certificate). If you are lucky enough to be accepted, you then undergo a Type Ratnig course on the Dash 8 Q400, which I think is the aircraft that you refer to? A Type rating is a pretty common requirement for any complex multi-crew or even single crew turbine (turboprop) aircraft. I also doubt that you would fly 900 hours a year with Flybe; however I could be wrong??

Piltdown Man
2nd Jul 2007, 19:53
airbus, boy: By the time you get to 18 you should have had 14 years of schooling. What really grieves me is that I have paid tax for your education because you were only there for a few days of it. I could have spent that money on something useful, like beer or kebabs. As you are old enough, how about popping off to B&Q and buying a nice pot of glue. It would make you alot happier than any more posts here.

PM

Megaton
2nd Jul 2007, 19:54
You're all wrong! No such thing as an fATPL. You can, however, hold a Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) with Instrument Rating having passed all (14) ATPL exam subjects. Your CPL/IR becomes an ATPL once you have completed your first Licensing Proficiency Check after completing 1500 hrs total time including 500 hrs mutli-pilot aircraft etc etc etc.
Back to the lad's question (now could I be any more patronising? :E):
Suggest you get hold of Clive Hughes' book: "Guide to Getting a Commercial Pilot Licence." http://www.ppl-atpl.demon.co.uk/index.htm
This will answer many of your questions and is an exceptionally handy reference book (until someone borrows it!).

PS Just because FlyBE mentions a fATPL on its website doesn't mean it's right. When I worked for FlyBE which was not that long ago they were still talking about CAP509 courses....! Which hadn't existed for quite some time.

adverse-bump
2nd Jul 2007, 20:01
hahaha, you have certainly cheered me up!

if you reflect the level of most young pilots, then there is no wonder so many are unemployed!

how ever, ill tell you the different kinds of FCL you can have, just to keep my self amused!

PPL - Private pilot, you may only fly a/c less than 5.7t AND MAY NOT BE PAYED.

CPL - enables you to be paid for flying, generally useless on its own, you could do some paradropping, or aerial photography

ATPL - the all singing all dancing one, you must have 1500hrs, inc 500 multi crew, the only way to get this is to get a job! the fATPL does not really exist, but most clain to have it, including me! it is a CPL with IR (see below) with the ATPL theory credits

there are serveral add on's, also known as rating you can put on a each FCL, these are a bit more speffic about what you may fly,

eg

SEP - single engine piston, you normally get this as a default with a PPL

MEP - multi engine piston, allows you to fly multi engine piston planes, no this does not include anything with two engine and props like flybe, flybe ac have jet engines with a prop on the front.

IR - instructment rating, allows you to fly IFR, most people get a me-ir, which allows you to fly multi engine planes in IMC condictions

TR - typw rating, allows you to fly one type of ac, like a q400!!!

if you want to work for flybe, you need: CPL/ ME-IR MCC, they will bond you for the TR on the q400.

best of luck, you've made my day!

Skyhigh86
2nd Jul 2007, 20:02
Im not sure what a Turboprob aircraft is, must be flybe's latest weapon:rolleyes:

As for a CPR licence, i believe that you can only use it on stiffs

early_bird
2nd Jul 2007, 20:09
"I also doubt that you would fly 900 hours a year with Flybe" - I stand corrected.:hmm: maybe:}

captain_rossco
2nd Jul 2007, 21:26
this thread is fantastic.

:ok:

JUST-local
2nd Jul 2007, 22:39
Adverse-bump

Show me where a PPL limits anyone to an aircraft of 5700KG or below.

Cheers.....

maxdrypower
2nd Jul 2007, 22:53
I was worried about gettin getting a cpl/ir in my late thirties . However if this is the standard of the youth competition i'll be up against I am worried no more.

EpsilonVaz
2nd Jul 2007, 23:01
airbus,boy...

I am embarrassed for you.

jd8
2nd Jul 2007, 23:14
This has cheered up my day.:D

captain_rossco
2nd Jul 2007, 23:26
schoolbus,boy,

welcome to the prune!

flaps 15 3 green
3rd Jul 2007, 15:20
I heard this childs patter reeks!!

badboy raggamuffin
4th Jul 2007, 12:07
Can anybody confirm to me that if you get a job on the Q400 u do not have to pay for the tr, but are bonded for 3years instead?

Cheers

Deano777
4th Jul 2007, 12:30
True, it's a monthly reducing bond over 3 years

papazulu
4th Jul 2007, 19:51
Met Ian Cheese in person recently. He told me they have 800ihs application forms by now. Looking for 70 to 80 FO's, not all from approved schemes (FTE ecc, ecc...).

Anybody with a recent call/mail?

Best things

Wireless
5th Jul 2007, 00:14
No that airbus geezer is winding you up. No one is THAT ignorant!

skyhigher
5th Jul 2007, 16:18
"why do you want to work for flybe?

while this might be an easy question for some i was looking for peoples input as to what the recruiters might be looking for with this question?

expanding airline, good employer, career development, opportunity to work with progressive and developing airline, europes largest regional operator etc....

any help would be appreciated!
thanks

dartagnan
5th Jul 2007, 22:37
let me guess...
...maybe for money???

belsenbaby
9th Jul 2007, 00:06
See my latest thread about Flybe - they treat their EXPERIENCED pilots badly - I should know as I have worked for them in the past and have many pilots friends there ...... also they might be going down the pan as bit off more than they can chew with BA Connect - as THEIR pilots want out!!

Look elsewhere!

r2_unit
9th Jul 2007, 19:31
belsenbaby,

I've got a brand-spanking CPL/IR, less than 300hrs, a s**t load of debt and Virgin, BA and Cathay won't return my calls - where else would you suggest I look mate?:}

Chesty Morgan
9th Jul 2007, 19:34
r2

Pay no attention. I've been at Flybe for ages. Got my first job, on a jet, got my first command on the Dash, and got my first jet command. I live where I want, I earn more than enough and I enjoy the job and the flying.

Good luck.

r2_unit
9th Jul 2007, 20:10
Chesty,

Now THAT'S what I want to hear about! :ok:

I've done a fair bit of research on flybe and they seem like a decent bunch.

If Cheesey offers me an interview - i'll bite his arm off!

Maude Charlee
10th Jul 2007, 20:14
Ignore the whingers - most of them were abused as children.

You'll enjoy it as much as you want to enjoy it. Works for me.

ramshorn
11th Jul 2007, 09:47
I don't think Ian cheese is dealing with recruitment anymore?? However I could be wrong, If so I stand corrected and hope to meet him in the interview room!

speedrestriction
11th Jul 2007, 09:56
Things are slowly beginning to settle down with the new enlarged company, still a few hiccups. However, every day I head down to the airport with a smile on my face and I work with a fantastic group of people. Enough said.

sr

papazulu
11th Jul 2007, 22:17
I don't think Ian cheese is dealing with recruitment anymore?? However I could be wrong, If so I stand corrected and hope to meet him in the interview room!

He was, at least till 2 or 3 wks ago when we met at my home's airport lounge...:E

R U gonna go for an interview then? As I understood they are a bit stuck with a CV pile reaching the roof. Any details from insiders?

Craggenmore
11th Jul 2007, 22:28
I've done a fair bit of research on flybe and they seem like a decent bunch.You have obviously done no research at all.

18 months in and all 11 of my former Flybe friends have left citing roster disruption and a punishing 4 sector day, 5 on and (just) 2 off schedule...:uhoh:

As I understood they are a bit stuck with a CV pile reaching the roof.............Due to the quick turnaround perhaps :confused:

Once you get your first job, after 6 months its all about lifestyle. Flybe lives off wannabes and they are prepared to lose pilots because the management know that OAT/Cabair will stuff them with newcomers. Look at the heavy advertising they put out in all the newspapers. Summer is hitting hard as they work small bases to the max. Rumour has it that Flybe and BACON have seperate briefing tables; morale - sorted..! Just ask all the loyal pilots who have to put up with covering contract pilots coming in for a short term shifts not wanting pensions, stability and requested days off.
A good place to start Im sure. I would have signed on the line if they had been polite enough to have answered my application but Ive always believed that things happen for a reason. :D

Arfur Feck-Sake
11th Jul 2007, 22:29
Half the CV pile will have found jobs elsewhere by now.

Maude Charlee
13th Jul 2007, 09:51
18 months in and all 11 of my former Flybe friends have left citing roster disruption and a punishing 4 sector day, 5 on and (just) 2 off schedule...

'Punishing' 4 sector day.

Ha ha ha, are you for real???? :rolleyes:

Chesty Morgan
13th Jul 2007, 10:05
Rumour has it that Flybe and BACON have seperate briefing tables

Err, there is no BACon anymore.

Ex BACon crew fly the 145 and the Q300 where I'm based. We fly the Q400, 146 and the 195. Each crew (Flybe, Ex BACon or a combination of both) has it's own briefing table. So, what do you suggest? Should I brief the 145 crew while the Ex BACon 145 Captain briefs my Q400 crew in an effort to make friends?

I'm just off to get punished on a SOU-LBA-SOU-JER-SOU...ooooh the pain!:rolleyes:

Chesty Morgan
14th Jul 2007, 14:10
I have. And although they are long days they're not exactly punishing. More rest between turnarounds:}

r2_unit
15th Jul 2007, 20:16
A good place to start Im sure.

I quite agree!

I would have signed on the line if they had been polite enough to have answered my application but Ive always believed that things happen for a reason.

Still getting over it? Feeling a bit bitter?

I HATE people that use multiple quotes from other posts!!!

Unquote.

;)

whizzer
15th Jul 2007, 22:10
Has anyone who sent their cv to flybe for their current recruitment drive heard back yet?? I saw on their website that they would be contacting people in July....anyone heard yet ??

r2_unit
15th Jul 2007, 22:19
Sent mine in about 4wks ago and have had nothing except an automated email confirmation of my app.

Craggenmore
16th Jul 2007, 00:01
Chaps,

Its punishing due to 4 sector days, 5 days a week, with just 2 days off to recover, socialise, get domestic jobs done, cut the grass and then spend time with the family? And you thought I meant punishing related only to fatigue?

Anyhow, don't you want more days off after a working week of 20 sectors :confused: To the people who I know leaving and those others who I have already met in my own crew room, from what they say, that schedule obviously is pain. How can you say that it's not.

Bitter? Not me R2_unit. I would have joined Flybe willingly but Im doing OK right now.

Maude Charlee
16th Jul 2007, 09:10
Blimey, thank goodness we don't have 'proper' jobs. Fancy working a 5 day week. :rolleyes:

r2_unit
16th Jul 2007, 17:46
Craggenmore,

Banter aside...

I take your point that the average flybe schedule sounds pretty busy. My point is that I (along with alot of other guys/girls on this forum) am on the first rung of this ladder and not in a position to pick or choose.

I expected to have to put in a reasonable amount of graft in the early part of this new career and 20 sectors a week just about fits with that assumption. Also, without sounding glib - as a 'low-hour' dude I could do with the practise!

Unless you can suggest an alternative 'low-hours' employer, flying efis equipped aircraft (or better?), with a more sedate working schedule, I'm pretty sure flybe's postbag will continue to over floweth. :)

Rollerboy
16th Jul 2007, 18:16
I put this down on another thread about Flybe but will do so here just incase any of you didn't see it:

YAWN - YAWN - YAWN
I read the same old yarns about most airlines on this site. Some enjoy there time and some hate there time at, funnily enough the airline they signed on the line to work for.
But please remember that this is the wannabes forum so I am guessing the questions are coming from low houred pilots however answers are coming from pilots with a little to a lot more hours.
I am by no means an experienced pilot BUT would just like to remind all those with 1000 + hours and the ability to move to whichever airline will take them, a couple of things:

1. Think back when you were looking for the job with low hours. FLYBE were perfect then, hard work but hours increasing on a glass cockpit Tprop. Regional flights but many rotations per hour. Good for the CV.

2. I guess you will have snatched any job that presented itself regardless of terms and conditions, beggers can't be choosers. Job offer Good for the Bank.

3. No initial outlay just a bond, I for one would never have been able to shell out for a TR. Good for the Bank.

4. Excellent trainers at Flybe that provide fair and realistic training. Good for the Future.

5. Once you have the experience the chance to move onto something with underslung jets or move on with all the above under your belt. Seems like many have done that, but ask yourself this would you have been offered the chance without the time at Flybe. Excellent for the Future.

What I am trying to say is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it depends on your experience and stage in aviation.

Finally if you get the call for a sim ride with flybe or any other airline for that matter I wish you all the luck in the world.
Roller