PDA

View Full Version : EMail Client That Does This

planecrazy.eu
23rd Nov 2006, 12:34
Hey All,

I am looking for an email client that will do this

- Accept multpile pop3/smtp accounts, and place emails from the different accounts into the respectable folders

Currently outlook downloads the lot into the inbox, and its annoying as i get the good in with around 200 or so junk emails. So it be nice to have a folder for each email address that gets email seperatly from each pop3 account.

Thanks for any help,...

Wefeedumall
23rd Nov 2006, 13:52
Hi Planecrazy

Outlook will do this for you if you set up some new folders within your inbox and then set up some message rules to divert your incoming mail to the desired folder(s).

It also sounds like you could do with an anti-spam program installed of which there are many available including some pretty good free ones (see the lists of freeware at top of this forum).

Hope this helps but can't go into more detail here as currently at work!:uhoh:

planecrazy.eu
23rd Nov 2006, 14:14
Hey, had a little play with that, can't do it =(... I have found a way that i can do it by creating a new personal folder, but that seems like its just going to bloat out-look as i have 7 email accounts that even though most are a few years old people still email me there...

If you can give me a little more detail on rules i would be most greatful, when you have time...

airborne_artist
23rd Nov 2006, 15:34
Thunderbird does exactly this. I use it to run five email accounts, each with their own inbox, and three with filters for mail subject, junk etc. From the Firefox people...

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/