PDA

View Full Version : Who shot Robert Kennedy

ORAC
23rd Nov 2006, 11:26
BBC: CIA role claim in Kennedy killing (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/6169006.stm)
New video and photographic evidence that puts three senior CIA operatives at the scene of Robert Kennedy's assassination has been brought to light......

The report is the result of a three-year investigation by filmmaker Shane O'Sullivan. He reveals new video and photographs showing three senior CIA operatives at the hotel. Three of these men have been positively identified as senior officers who worked together in 1963 at JMWAVE, the CIA's Miami base for its Secret War on Castro.

David Morales was Chief of Operations and once told friends: "I was in Dallas when we got the son of a bitch and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard."

Gordon Campbell was Chief of Maritime Operations and George Joannides was Chief of Psychological Warfare Operations.

Joannides was called out of retirement in 1978 to act as the CIA liaison to the Congressional investigation into the JFK assassination. Now, we see him at the Ambassador Hotel the night a second Kennedy is assassinated......

Anybody see the Newsnight report? Comments?

brickhistory
23rd Nov 2006, 14:50
Let me be the first:

GWB did it.

tony draper
23rd Nov 2006, 14:54
Yer watched the newsnight report,dunno what to comment,I suppose this new Kennedy conspiracy theory has some plausability,but then so do most consiracy theories,watched a couple of old chaps look at some photoes and film,and say things like yer thats definatly him err I think.
Both plots if indeed plots they were seem to have a similar modus operendi(sp?) ie a patsy on hand to be nabbed swiftly and require a second gunman who has to have it away on his toes
Think I wudda come up with something a bit less risky than shooting someone with a hand gun at close range in a room full of people looking on though
Those CIA blokes appeared to have the motive the means and the opportunity,who knows?.
:rolleyes:

Re-entry
23rd Nov 2006, 15:32
Who cares?

tony draper
23rd Nov 2006, 15:47
The writers puplishers printers and sellers of paperback books, and telly documentry makers thats who.
And doubtless these relevations will already have spawned half a dozen new websites and in six months there will be fifty
:rolleyes:

ORAC
23rd Nov 2006, 15:48
Just you wait till Oliver Stone makes a movie about it.... := :=

Capt.KAOS
23rd Nov 2006, 15:56
Let's face it, Robert had his enemies...

Robert F. Kennedy: Did you say, "That S.O.B., I'll break his back"?
Jimmy Hoffa: Who?
Kennedy: You.
Hoffa: Say it to who?
Kennedy: To anyone?
Hoffa: Figure of speech... I don't even know what I was talking about and I don't know what you're talking about.
Kennedy: Uh... Mr. Hoffa, all I'm trying to find out, I'll tell you what I'm talking about. I'm trying to find out whose back you were going to break.
Hoffa: Figure of speech... figure of speech.

cynicalint
23rd Nov 2006, 15:58
go out and arrest Mr Who immediately!

ORAC
23rd Nov 2006, 16:28
You don´t want to mess the Who´s mate. His brother the Doctor might drop round.....

simonc15
23rd Nov 2006, 16:53
I shot him .

Beetlejuice
23rd Nov 2006, 17:05
You shot Doctor Who? You [email protected]!

Lon More
23rd Nov 2006, 19:45
Bush wants Hu. (http://www.masteroni.com/show.php?itemId=88098232)

Davaar
23rd Nov 2006, 19:58
Tell you one thing, though. That whole MacBeth thing was a frame-up. Shakespeare was in the pay of the Plantagenets. Under the table of course. Besides, the comings and goings of Anne Hathaway at the material time have never been disclosed. We need say no more.

P.S. ORAC's quotation: [David Morales]: "I was in Dallas when we got the son of a bitch and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard.", is not far wrong on the sentiments that were expressed about the Kennedies. I was in an office in New York on business when Robert Kennedy was lying in state in St Patrick's Cathedral. I suppose they must have brought the body there from the Coast for that purpose. One of my hosts was looking out at the queue of mourners and remarked: "Well they nailed that little carpet-bagging sonafabitch real good this time". I am generally an admirer of the Americans and not an admirer of the Kennedies, but I did think the insight might without loss have been left unspoken.

arcniz
23rd Nov 2006, 20:57
Flush with a little success at the polls, democrat opinion drivers are likely trying out some new moves. Seems like an opening shot for Presidential election 2008.

Just as the republicans can be tarred for pandering to rightist religious nuts, the democrats always seemingly seek to organise and politicise a fringe crowd with paranoid and anti-government leanings, including the conspiracy nuts.

The dead Kennedys are nearly as iconic as the Apostles. Like them, they probably had ample supply of enemies quite independent of politics. One salacious but fun rumor is that JFK seemed to be having a discrete 3-way with M.Monroe and a mercurial Vegas mobster. Both JFK and BobbyK made many dangerous enemies while doing the right thing, of course. Job-related life expectancy is longer as a steamfitter than as a US president.

Interesting that more observers do not reflect openly on the Mid-East connections. Sirhan Sirhan, RFK's nominal assailant, seems to have been very much a Palestinian, traumatised and radicalised at an early age.

tony draper
23rd Nov 2006, 21:05
Hasn't Mr Sirhan been trying to get himself released from nick of late? he might be wise to ponder on what happened to Hess when it looked like he might be stepping out from behind those big iron gates, but then thats another consiracy altogether, and a much more interesting one in my humble opinion.
:E

brickhistory
23rd Nov 2006, 21:21
Hasn't Mr Sirhan been trying to get himself released from nick of late? he might be wise to ponder on what happened to Hess when it looked like he might be stepping out from behind those big iron gates, but then thats another consiracy altogether, and a much more interesting one in my humble opinion.

Absolutely! I'd love to know the story there. Will it ever come out? Is there some Official Secrets cache of documents awaiting release? If so, when?

tony draper
23rd Nov 2006, 21:26
One could tell you Mr B, but one would have to make a phone call to a certain number shortly thereafter.

brickhistory
23rd Nov 2006, 21:41
One could tell you Mr B, but one would have to make a phone call to a certain number shortly thereafter.

I thank you for your wise silence, sir. I have no wish for my last sight on earth to be the men in sunglasses and earpieces.......

tony draper
24th Nov 2006, 01:14
Believe me Mr B, you would neither see nor hear the chaps in the Hush Puppies,only the cousins go in for austentacious Hollywood type acrourements such as sunglasses ear pieces and loud Glock automatics, a unasuming aspect soft soled shoes and Colts Woodsman gets the job with much less fuss, after all one would not wish to make a scene would one.
:uhoh: :E

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
24th Nov 2006, 01:59
It was Sirhan Sirhan.

But if he'd used an automatic weapon, it'd have been Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan :}

Buster Hyman
24th Nov 2006, 02:09
Did they get Elvis too? Or, is he under the Witness Protection program?

Blacksheep
24th Nov 2006, 02:18
Kennedy's head definitely snaps backwards in that 8 mm cine film and there's a 'puff' from the back of his head. Jackie reaches back over the boot (Oh ok. The trunk then!) to retrieve a bit of the back of his skull - she wasn't reaching out to the Secret Service man, she thought the doctors might need the piece of his head and she said so herself on camera during an interview. So, the back of his head was punched out - i.e. it was the exit wound. As the autopsy evidence was 'lost', that film and Jackie Onassis's on camera statement remain the definitive evidence.

The School Book Depositary was behind the car, the "grassy knoll" was to one side. Ergo - the President and the Governor were first shot in the back/shoulder from the school book depositary, Kennedy was then head-shot from in front and above - that is, from the overpass. By whom we'll never know.

Techman
24th Nov 2006, 02:59
the President and the Governor were first shot in the back/shoulder from the school book depositary, Kennedy was then head-shot from in front and above - that is, from the overpass. By whom we'll never know. It was GW. Just ask Brickhistory.

chuks
24th Nov 2006, 08:32
One obvious problem in this is that Sirhan B. Sirhan always seems to have maintained that he did kill RFK. In fact his parole was denied on the grounds of threatening letters he sent to some of the Kennedys if I remember that correctly.

There is always a lot of confusion from eye-witness statements but no one at the time accused anyone but Sirhan of killing RFK. Should we now take this as evidence of a cover-up?

vapilot2004
24th Nov 2006, 09:33
After the assassination of his brother, CIA would have surely tasked more than one agent with RFK.

JFK, the knoll and magic bullets et al:
The Mafia, the President's new friend Mr. Castro and/or the Russian KGB - all good suspects. A definitive answer here could have been very dangerous news were it generally known.

tony draper
24th Nov 2006, 09:42
If I picked it up right I think the claim is when Mr Sirhan was doing his stuff at the front and being the center of attention someone else was making sure from behind or at the side,one may be wrong here one was only listening with half an ear.
:uhoh:

Gaz ED
24th Nov 2006, 13:56
Refer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinfoil_hat

I wear mine all the time!!