PDA

View Full Version : lgw dispatchers

ozzieb88
22nd Nov 2006, 20:22
hi does anyone know of any airline or company recruiting for dispatchers at gatwick?

ive checked a few aviation job sites but was told that they dont always advertise on websites??? dont know how that works tho.

any help would be great

oz

HZ123
24th Nov 2006, 11:01
You may better placed to join as a loader / check-in agent and then try to get into aircraft dispatch. Jobs at LGW are tight at this time as the airport is under utilsed presently.

SweetChilly
24th Nov 2006, 12:19
Does anyone know where I can complete a licencing course in Flight Despatch ?? sorry to ask here but I dont know how to upload a new questino, new to this all.

Thanx i advince
SC

Funkie
24th Nov 2006, 13:20
SweetChilly,

There is no license within the UK for dispatchers. All training would be provided by the company which you are employed with.

Have you tried a search on Google? The job does require some initiative and lateral thinking! Oh - and it's dispatch!

ossieb88,

Try Menzies Aviation. Not sure if they are recruiting for LGW at the moment, but try and get any job with them. As HZ123 says, loaders or check-in agents tend to be a companies first port of call when looking for dispatchers.

Best of luck.

aw8565
27th Nov 2006, 14:22
Most of the dispatchers I know came from checkin or other departments within a ground handling agent. These jobs give you a good background (most of the time) from which to base a career in dispatch...

A checkin agent will see some of the problems a dispatcher has to face (and help solve) and can learn quite a bit just from observation. Also, you may be able to 'shadow' a dispatcher, as long as you're polite and don't make a pain in the ar*e of yourself, which I have seen happen (twice) with over zealous wannabes who got a bad name for themselves.

Also coming from checkin will give you the opportunity to get to know many of the people you'll be working closely with in the future, regardless of the job you finish up in. I love the airport...