PDA

View Full Version : The post theif is in town again!!!

ATCbabe
22nd Nov 2006, 17:34
MMMMMMM.... where has all my posts gone???? I had nearly 8oo last week and now only 290 odd... how that work then?????????? Oh dear have I used up my posts like a rewards card????? Am I gonna recieve vouchers through the door like I got my tesco vouchers this week??????? Or have I just been notty????:E :E

Not a complaint just an observation.

Babe:( :(

Edited to say I can spell thief.. honest...oops

Davaar
22nd Nov 2006, 17:55
Do not worry, AT.

Some regard the postings as an index of achievement, taking jealous pride in their mounting totals. I always wondered why they were there at all, other than to fix guilt, not credit. It was the Presbyterian upbringing. As I saw them, they were evidence of weakness and Sin, same things, inescapable but never unnoticed by a recording angel in the person of management.

"You may think, Davaar, that you can slide in an extra tedium today without remark, but you are wrong: WE SEE IT ALL, and WE NOTE IT DOWN"; such was the thinking of management.

Like the Pharisee, I could see sinners worse than I. Not to name names, that t*n* dr*p*r there springs to mind. "Thank you (actually, it was "Thee"), Lord, I am not like him", I would say. Inwardly. It gave me comfort in my affliction.

Naturally, then, when I noticed a numbers freeze recently I took it as evidence of forgiveness. Then came the reductions, which I took as better still, steps to redemption or, one level short of that, oblivion. Either way, improvement. I hope I am not wrong

Suppers Ready
22nd Nov 2006, 17:58
I am fairly new to this but could the answer be that very old posts are deleted (to save space?) and as a result the number of postings come down?
SR

Davaar
22nd Nov 2006, 18:02
I do not wish to be personal about this, Suppers, but you post from Motherwell and you hope to rise above seven credits! You might as well admit to Twechar.

UL730
22nd Nov 2006, 18:15
Mr Davaar

Anyone knows that Motherwell Nil Posts 7 represents our norfern cousins total preoccupation with the noble sport of football.

St Peter at the Gates "Sorry Mr Friedman - we have total unemployment and no money supply here"

:=

ATCbabe
22nd Nov 2006, 18:15
I'm not worried davaar, I survived the huge post crash a few years ago when I lost nearly 1000 posts. I can survive the lose of a few hundred :ok:

But I do like the idea of working my way to redemption. I suit wings and a halo ;) ;)

Babe

Wholigan
22nd Nov 2006, 18:51
UL730

Isn't the classic yob-ball score north of the border:

East Fife 4 - Forfar 5
?? :E

Spui18
22nd Nov 2006, 19:10
Hello Spui18. Our records indicate that you have never posted on PPRuNe! Why not make your first post today and become an active member of the PPRuNe Forums now!
and proud of it! :}

Helga! A pint of IT for ATCbabe please!

Davaar
22nd Nov 2006, 19:15
"Not possible!", you say, Wholigan, but one had near-forgotten.

We have Taormina, of course, and Monaco, and Mentone, and the pleasure-dome that Kubla Khan had in mind for Xanadu, and the French have Versailles, and Frederick had Sans-Souci, and then, and then there is Methil, East Fife, to which even Cowdenbeath must yield in beauty.

reynoldsno1
23rd Nov 2006, 00:12
I sold some of mine on ebay .....:)

tony draper
23rd Nov 2006, 00:19
Its like Chemin De Fer if Aunt Marys winnings total up to nine yer the man.
:E
9 + 2 + 7 = 18 1 + 8 = 9
Spookily Mr Davaar and Mr Reynolsno1 both have totals of 2 Mr Wholigan Madam ATCbabe and Mr Supper are all on 7 Mr Spu18 is out the game.hard luck on Mr UL 730 he was on 8
One recons that makes me the winner :rolleyes:
One shall assume cheques will be in the post first thing tomorrow

con-pilot
23rd Nov 2006, 00:38
I figured out the reason for the missing posts.

It will cost all of you a fiver to find out.

(Hey, I have to pay my huge Thanksgiving feast somehow. :p )

Farrell
23rd Nov 2006, 00:47
Are you having that fabulous deep-fried turkey again????

I would kill for a piece of that!!

jet_noseover
23rd Nov 2006, 01:33
I figured out the reason for the missing posts.
It will cost all of you a fiver to find out.
(Hey, I have to pay my huge Thanksgiving feast somehow. :p )
Connie,there is no mystery to missing posts, sorry to spoil thy fun.
You still will have to dish out for the "Red Label" at your party. :ok:
One just have to deduct their "garbage" posts from the jetblast forum. Those do not count.
Yeah, yeah... mine went from 399 to ... hmmmm, to wot? :{ :}

con-pilot
23rd Nov 2006, 02:05
Are you having that fabulous deep-fried turkey again????

I would kill for a piece of that!!

Yes, the famous fried turkey.

Well, all you have to do is get from Berlin (You are still in Berlin right?) to Oklahoma City good buddy and you all the pieces you want.:ok:

(Just remember, don't park your helicopter in the driveway. :p )

Farrell
23rd Nov 2006, 02:26
Thank you CP - I will do it some year!

Stuck in Lyon at the moment.....London on Monday....then Berlin...sigh!
(and I'm not even a fully-fledged airline pilot....yet!)

jet_noseover
23rd Nov 2006, 02:40
Thank you CP - I will do it some year!

Stuck in Lyon at the moment.....London on Monday....then Berlin...sigh!
(and I'm not even a fully-fledged airline pilot....yet!)

Sounds, you are a half baked turkey, Farrell. :(
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

:)

Loose rivets
23rd Nov 2006, 03:03
Yeh!!! Wot Davaar said.

Wot I say is...er, wot I say..........oh yea, wot I say is I wont me posts back. I erned em and I wont em. I know where you liv, and if I don't get em back, I'll.....well, I'll be very annoyed, and I'm very ugly when I'm annoyed. Cum to fink of it, I'm very ugly when I'm not annoyed...but that don't matta.

Loose rivets has 2,4021 posts...cos I said so, right? I now how to add numbers up. Sniff.

wipes nose on sleeve and exits stage left.

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2006, 04:58
The post theif is in town again!!!
Be grateful the Spelling Nazi is on holidays!

Loose rivets
23rd Nov 2006, 05:09
Mmmm...i before e except after Neil.

ATCbabe
23rd Nov 2006, 09:50
:hmm: mmmmmm if you two bothered to look at my first post yous would see I did edit to say I could spell thief, just couldn't get the title to edit!!!!:p :p ;)

UL730
23rd Nov 2006, 16:47
Sorry to be a pedant but as you raised the point - perhaps a second edit for:
Am I gonna recieve
:ooh:

Gonzo
23rd Nov 2006, 18:56
Now all we need is the Grammar Police to head on over to Spotters Balcony and have a look at the Concorde Stationary [sic] thread...... :E

Davaar
23rd Nov 2006, 19:01
Posts like that get you 1,998 hits while I have 155 and falling by the minute.

UL730
23rd Nov 2006, 20:17
Just trying to drive my post count up: the source code for this php site includes a spelling algorithm:
$tpl_src = implode(file($my_file));//template file with variables
$pattern = "/\[p(.+)\]/";// the regex pattern to look for spelling anomolies individually
$pieces = preg_split($pattern,$tpl_src, -1, PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE);//split the data according to the regex pattern
/* increase post count abc spellcheck/* Double check all ATCbabe posts and reduce count propo spelling errors
*/
$new_src = ''; //This will hold the new data.
foreach($pieces as $value){//loop through the array
if(is_a_variable($value){//My function to determine incorrect spelling and reduce count \$value = "[new value " .rand(1,100). "]";//Replace each individual variable with something different and unique to each variable.
}
$new_src .= $value;//

Buster Hyman
23rd Nov 2006, 22:19
if you two bothered to look at my first post
???Who reads the posts when the title is there for the taking???:confused:

Lon More
23rd Nov 2006, 23:52
Davaar, Methil?, Cowdenbeath?, heaven compared to the hell hole of the Fife coal fields - my birthplace, Lochgelly's Happy Land, aka Hunter Street,

BTW I see i've lost about 1000 posts. It's almost like getting my virginity back.

tony draper
23rd Nov 2006, 23:59
We all know who is the most hard done by prooner Aunt Mary's winnings wise.
:( :rolleyes:

Jerricho
24th Nov 2006, 00:28
Aye Tones.......

One of us lost a million little fibers. :(

ThreadBaron
24th Nov 2006, 08:18
Mmmm...i before e except after Neil.

Science does not support the assertion..:)

jay_hl
24th Nov 2006, 08:18
On the same subject, im sure that my post count isnt accurate! Ive posted a few messages in the past few days after a period of non posting and it hasnt changed!!!! :ugh:

:hmm:

tony draper
24th Nov 2006, 08:20
For reasons tiz not wise to go into posts on JB are not added to one's total.
:rolleyes:

jay_hl
24th Nov 2006, 08:22
reallyyyyyyyy :{
You realy do learn something new everyday!!

Davaar
24th Nov 2006, 13:39
the hell hole of the Fife coal fields - my birthplace, Lochgelly's Happy Land .

My dear Lon, my effort here will have a necessarily limited audience but I offer it to you from one who in youth suffered the Mid and West Lothian coalfields to one who suffered East Fife:

Makars dicht o’ Twechar, the jewel o’ the plain;
An’ bards tune up tae Breich, Tarbrax and Shotts;
Polbeth, Uphall, and Pumpherston wad gar ye’s a’ a pain:
At the least ye micht weel end up wi’ the trots.

But my dule is true tae Lothian, East an’ Wast an’ Mid,
Mair braidly; tho’ there’s muckle tae be hid;
An' the exile he’rt micht greet a sad sad sang til sing
Its ballad aye o’ coal and shale, an Broxburn’s michty bing.

Standard Noise
25th Nov 2006, 11:32
A couple of days ago I posted on another thread that someone had nicked 1300 of my posts. Since then, my post count isn't actually rising no matter how many posts I chunter out. Woss occurrin'?