PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!

Atishoo
22nd Nov 2006, 09:08
I applied for a Dispatch job with Servisair, and am waiting on a reply after having had an interview.

I want to also leave my options open and try for another handling company. Ive just found out about Swissport.

Does anyone know anything about this Company, on the little bit of research ive done on them, they seem huge, and a better option than Servisair.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated please.

Prob im finding is catch 22 really, i have travel experience but not airport experience, so getting my foot in the door for an interview is an uphill struggle.

Laughing here really, wondering why its so hard to be able to get a job that pays 5.40 per hr, 24/7 shifts and working approx 10 straight weekends on !!!

Are we all mad enough to wanna be Dispatchers????

xxx5572
25th Nov 2006, 09:29
Just reading your post i can see that you have done you research into the companies and would really like to become a dispatcher.

However the reality is you must start off as a ramp agent or up at check in for some time in order to gain a much needed airport experience, many people dont appreciate how many activities go on in order to keep an airport or airline running.
From then you will have your foot in the door and should a dispatch position come up you can go for it. but also dont forget there will also be other people there that already have their foot in the door wanting the same position.
Im not trying to put a downer on it more a true reflection of how it happens. Swissport is a very good company to work for and there are plenty of opportunities when you get there.
Hope this helps you in some way and if you want to ask any more questions then best to pm me :ok: