PDA

View Full Version : BMI Interviews

StudentInDebt
21st Nov 2006, 16:03
Anyone got any info on what to expect during an interview with British Midland? Did a search and couldn't find any recent information.

LKMflyboy
21st Nov 2006, 17:17
Most important thing is not to call them British Midland... it's bmi these days!

Torycanyon
21st Nov 2006, 17:21
I heard a whisper that they were recruiting. I can't find any info though. Anyone know or is it just word of mouth from those in the know or who have had CV's in for a while?

Are there Interviews being offered at the moment?

Is the recruitment for Mainline, Baby or Regional?

Tisme
21st Nov 2006, 19:00
Regional were advertising on the job sheet a short while ago.

mad_bob
21st Nov 2006, 19:24
Regional have an Ad in Flight this week, 145 rated and non rated considered.

flapstresser
21st Nov 2006, 20:12
bmi mainline are interviewing this week. They have recently taken on f/o's via GECAT's self-sponsored/monitored type rating.
Almost certainly they will not bother spending money advertising vacancies but send in a CV if you are type rated/experienced and really serious about struggling in to LHR day in day out!

lharle
21st Nov 2006, 21:24
Mad bob is right;
There is an ad in flightglobal.com

Does anyone know how many non type rated FO they are looking for?

heebeegb
22nd Nov 2006, 08:55
how about an answer to the original question? Anyone know anything?

StudentInDebt
22nd Nov 2006, 09:29
If you need to ask if they are recruiting then you have, in all probability, missed the boat. There is little point worrying about how many people they are going to recruit, they will either recruit you or they will not . Having a successful interview helps though - hence the request for any information.

Max Angle
23rd Nov 2006, 22:20
Does anyone know how many non type rated FO they are looking for?We are looking for about 40 pilots who will be interviewed and then put in a pool to be drawn from when required. As someone said, quite a lot will be from the GECAT/Oxford tie up which has produced very good results but no harm in applying.

Bad Robot
24th Nov 2006, 10:44
So are BMI recruiting for the BUS as well as the 145?

BR.

Skintman
24th Nov 2006, 12:04
Max Angle

Why are BMI looking for 40 pilots!! :eek:

Is it down to route expansion, retirements or replacing staff leaving for patures new?

Skintman :ok:

Max Angle
24th Nov 2006, 13:14
Skintman.

Not sure why we are looking, I am not involved with the process or any sort of mangement (thank goodness). There are rumours, as always, of more routes and more aircraft but nothing firm. We have had a lot of FO's leave for BA and Virgin , some Captains to Easy and no doubt some more in the pipeline so some will be replacements. Could be a while before anyone is offered a start date I would think, if anything we are over crewed for the winter.

BR.

All the parts of the group recruit their own pilots, I have no idea what Regional and Baby are doing at the moment. Mainline interviews will be for LHR based Airbus FO's.

Bad Robot
24th Nov 2006, 13:33
Max, thanks for the info.:ok:

BR.

TheRed(lfc)Baron
24th Nov 2006, 19:01
Guy's

Does anyone know how to get into bmi baby? I have filled in the online/posted cv's but never get any sort of response!

thanks
Red

MAX
30th Nov 2006, 18:03
SID,

Are you asking for yourself or someone else? ;)

MAX:cool:

llanfairpg
1st Dec 2006, 13:09
For a BMI Baby interview go in jeans and tee shirt and appear to be in a hurry. For mainline go in anything that will take a knife in the back

Count von Altibar
1st Dec 2006, 16:18
Either an expansion planned or a mass departure of pilots from bmi. I think it's probably the latter...

StudentInDebt
2nd Dec 2006, 01:59
I don't think I'll be leaving in the near future Max!! :)

Then again....

GR8 M8
4th Dec 2006, 19:09
A reduction in current Airbus Fleet, no new aircraft on order and Embraers operating on more routes.

I would suggest the 40 are to plug the hole, which shows remarkable foresight.

The reality is that each pilot that leaves saves the company money so why stop the flood, at least that seems to be the game plan, remember save money at all costs.

I’m sure all will become clear in 2009 but I wouldn’t expect it to be good news.

r2_unit
26th Jul 2007, 21:32
Does anyone have any info on the format of a BMI Mainline interview?

Would really appreciate it :ok:

SID?? Max Angle??

green-dot-speed
27th Jul 2007, 15:29
How did you guys apply?...actually there's nothing on their website.
Thank you very much.

r2_unit
27th Jul 2007, 15:59
Speculative CV and covering letter to Resource Manager.

Try www.ppjn.com for more details.

green-dot-speed
27th Jul 2007, 16:01
Thank you very much r2 :)

MIKECR
28th Jul 2007, 11:20
Hi r2,

Hows things? Have you managed to get an interview? Well done!

r2_unit
29th Jul 2007, 12:18
Hello mate,

Got an interview in oct for bmi - they'd better be wearing body armour cos if they offer me a sim check i'll bite their arm off! :}

How's you?

r2

Cloud Bunny
7th Aug 2007, 17:48
r2 Unit, please check your PM's.
Cheers.

Polarhero
7th Aug 2007, 20:22
R2

Hi, the Resource Manager you contacted, is it still Mr Burns? Just i called the number and was directed to a Miss Lazenby? is that the person you contacted?

Cheers

:ok:

r2_unit
8th Aug 2007, 08:37
Polarhero,

I didn't call - just an email to Mr Burns.

rangers
8th Aug 2007, 10:12
bmi are in the process of changing their recruitment to be web based. No applications are being taken at the moment, keep an eye on the bmi website for future updates, looks like October time.

Miss Lazenby - in the film industry - interesting yeah! I bet you are looking forwarded to meeting her!

K.Whyjelly
8th Aug 2007, 21:04
If any of you guys ever get a job with bmi then I suggest a bit more respect to "Miss Lazenby" cos a secretary she ain't; she will be your boss seeing as she is the LHR Base Manager!!! :8

RoyHudd
8th Aug 2007, 21:56
Don't join bmi....despite the charming Miss Lazenby! The real management are a crowd of turkeys, with the odd exception of course. And the owner, well it is his train set and he doesn't much like his train drivers! Or repair-men. Been there, been fired, (along with 56 others), no good memories.

Tinribs
11th Aug 2007, 17:39
I worked for them for over 20 years leaving on retirment

They are about average for the industry which means in the main you can expect fair treatment but not always

You might like to check the records of industrial tribunals under the name of Captain John Leslie which reveals how things sometimes, rarely, go wrong

I was pleased to join them pleased to stay for so long, and pleased to retire

Yarpy
12th Aug 2007, 08:58
Just out of interest, did any of the Captains demoted after 9/11 get their commands back???