PDA

View Full Version : Business lounges

Saintsman
21st Nov 2006, 12:43
I flew economy last week with some colleagues (ticket paid for by my company). We were surprised to find that we had access to the business lounges. I assume that this was because the tickets were flexible and therefore not the cheapest we could get.

We only found out by accident that we could use the lounges. When you get your boarding card, how do you know that you are entitled to use the lounge. I want to avoid the embarassment of being denied access.

Final 3 Greens
21st Nov 2006, 12:57
Was it a full fare economy ticket on a KLM one class flight?

If so, your company might have paid what is in effect a business fare.

Best way to avoid embarrasment is to ask the check in agent "does this ticket have lounge access.

If checking on line or at a machine, you can clarify at the lounge - you are unlikely to get a rude response if you make it clear you don't know if you can com ein.

Saintsman
21st Nov 2006, 13:09
We flew Air France and there appeared to be 3 classes. Business up front, a curtained off bit next and then cattle class. We were seated in the curtained off section.

Ask at the check in is the sensible answer though :)

Gouabafla
22nd Nov 2006, 13:33
Or grovel at check in, as I did about an hour ago. I'm flying cattle class, but a nice smile and a friendly greeting got me a lounge access pass. I'm enjoying a snack and a very decent red wine in the AF lounge in Bangkok as I write.

Better than the waiting places at the gate, by a looong way.

13Alpha
22nd Nov 2006, 14:11
Or grovel at check in, as I did about an hour ago. I'm flying cattle class, but a nice smile and a friendly greeting got me a lounge access pass.

I've experienced this when travelling economy too.

A smile and a polite request is always worth a try - what's the worst that can happen ?

13Alpha