PDA

View Full Version : Strange things pax leave behind.

oldhairylegs
21st Nov 2006, 10:30
Had a pax leave his glass eye in seat pocket during a transist in SIN. He was pretty desparate to get back on when he realised and was very happy to get it back. Happened on April 1st too, do you think any of my colleagues belived me?

flybywire
21st Nov 2006, 10:38
I had a used condom being left in the seat pocket during a charter Gatwick-Heraklion in summer 2003...it was not the 1st of april and the only person who was strong (stomach-wise) and brave enough to remove it before the inbound flight was the skipper....the cleaners told us to do it ourselves!!!!! :yuk:

Really...animals are nicer creatures :hmm:

yellowdog
21st Nov 2006, 11:52
Had countless occassions where I've had to go through meal trollies insearch of false teeth:oh:

And when they get them back,just a quick wash and stuff them straight back in:yuk:

YD

sinkingship
21st Nov 2006, 12:12
Found some vibrating Love eggs, hmmm.
Does this count as an electronic portable device for T/O Landing!!

Lafyar Cokov
21st Nov 2006, 12:18
Were they still vibrating?

flyblue
21st Nov 2006, 21:19
Well, on our company site someone posted a pic of a delay report: once on board pax XXX realized he had forgot his baby son in the waiting lounge :rolleyes:

ShesGreatintheGalley
21st Nov 2006, 22:09
We get the occasional pair of knickers.. some clean some dirty, never stylish.
I have, like flyblue also had a pax delay departure because of her eight year old daughter and her eight year old friend, basically after checkin the mother gave them their boarding passes and let them take off to macdonalds, or the shops (or god knowswhere) and boarded without them thinking they would come onboard. once we were fully boarded and missing the two girls we paged the mother (we didnt know it was the daughter missing.. just a family member) and she freaked out.. in the end we offloaded her so she could stay behind and try and find her daughter. The groundstaff gave her a good talking too! She would of lost all three fares too and had to pay more for another flight.

sinala1
21st Nov 2006, 22:21
I once found a pair of black lacy panties left plain as day on the seat once... wasnt quite sure what to think - so of course I did the mature thing - I picked them up (with gloves on) and chased after the first officer with them!! I thought he would have wanted them... ha ha ha :E

My favourite (read: sarcasm) is the warm vomit bag left so kindly in the seat pocket, so the second you open it you get a delightful fountain of stomach contents spewing (no pun intended :} ) high into the air

Ah yes, tell me again how glamourous our job is! :ok:

once on board pax XXX realized he had forgot his baby son in the waiting lounge

It amazes me that they make you get a licence to drive a car, but anyone is allowed to be a parent... :ugh: :=

wirgin blew
22nd Nov 2006, 03:43
Within the last year I had a mother wanting to use the toilet on descent and after the cabin had been secured. After having a 5 minute discussion on why this wasnt safe I left her to it with hubby and 2 kids.
They left the aircraft telling me it was the best flight they had ever had. When I went out to clean the aircraft I found a water bottle in her seat pocket that was filled with a yellow looking liquid and felt warm to touch.
It took me a few seconds to realise that the nice lady had gotten her young son to have a wee in the bottle and had left it behind for us.
Arent the human race an amazing bunch.

:yuk:

Nelli
22nd Nov 2006, 09:16
We find false teeth in the seat back pockets also occasionally, but the worst I heard was that some guys false teeth were found in the toilet:eek: and I mean the waste container where the toilet is flushed.
I'm not kidding, can't imagine how they got there.
Also in the toilets we have found also passports, once I heard of some miniature bottles of perfume.
Of course there are the normal things, your return tickets, pocket PC's, Windows CDs, phones, wallets with all the credit cards...

Hostie2201
22nd Nov 2006, 12:21
Similar to Wirgin Blew - I had a lady once that again wanted to take her child to the toilet on descent. As they got off the aircraft the Mother handed me her coffee cup full of her kids wee, lovely eh

Peaky
23rd Nov 2006, 17:00
My dad is a pilot and said that once during the security checks after landing, the cabin crew found a man!!!

He had fallen fast asleep (into a drink fuelled coma type sleep ) and slid down in his seat! It wasn't till all the pax were off and the last bus sent on it's way that the crew found him and then had to spend another 5 minutes waking him up and then trying to find his mates who had left him there (nice friends!!) because he could barely talk!!! :bored:

stevef
24th Nov 2006, 20:17
Some years back I had to double up as HS748 ground engineer/cabin staff due to company circumstances. We flew a party of Spanish MPs from Luton to Carlisle in absolutely perfect weather conditions; you could have balanced an egg on a razor blade. After we landed, I did the seat pocket rubbish inspection and put my hand into a sticky mess of vomit. Clearly no attempt to use the sick bag either.

I once saw (as pax) on a SABENA flight from Kinshasa, a Zairoise woman change her child's nappy and stuff the dirty one under the seat.

ShesGreatintheGalley
25th Nov 2006, 06:21
I once saw (as pax) on a SABENA flight from Kinshasa, a Zairoise woman change her child's nappy and stuff the dirty one under the seat.

um.. this happens very frequently on our flights.. even when i can personally tell each parent that there are change tables in the toilets.. they still persist in doing it on the seats.

we used to have to do lifejacket checks everyturnaround.. i used to reach under and tap them and i remember once a lifejacket pouch felt 'different' - so i reached in and touched A NAPPY someone had shoved into the lifejacket pouch (the lifejacket was missing)
i have also had lots of nappies in seatpockets and under seats too. its amazing what people think they will get away with.. these are educated, middle class people too.. disgraceful.