PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations - Safety Demo

frequentflyer2
20th Nov 2006, 21:51
I'm not a cabin crew member but I do fly reasonably often as a passenger.
I want to congratulate the young lady carrying out the pre-takeoff safety demonstration in the middle section of the cabin of an easyJet 737-700 departing BFS for AGP at 4.15pm on Saturday November 4.
She asked three talkative passengers sitting across the aisle from my wife and me to keep quiet until the briefing had finished.
These people had totally ignored requests for the passengers' attention to be focused on what was being said and were talking so loudly we could not hear the cabin crew member using the intercom.
Cabin crew are quite correct not to tolerate such selfish behaviour and I just wish other airlines took the same stand.
Doubtless, if an evacuation of the aircraft had been necessary these people would have been among the first to scream for help and could actually have impeded the egress of those of us who do listen to the safety briefings.

Getoutofmygalley
20th Nov 2006, 23:55
I suspended the safety demonstration on my (ezy) flight on Sunday as I was rather pi*sed off with the behaviour of some of the pax on my flight. I for one will not tolerate any pax being loud and disruptive in the safety briefing, and I don't care if it does delay our departure. As far as I am concerned on my flights safety is the number 1 priority and everyone will be given the chance to hear and see the demonstration.

If you personally don't want to pay attention, then fine - just don't stop others from being able to listen and see it!

ShesGreatintheGalley
21st Nov 2006, 06:34
oooh nothing annoys me more.
if someone right next to me is talking so loudly.. i will not hesitate in giving them scathing looks or asking them to be quiet 'just for the demo so everyone can hear'

tiggerific_69
21st Nov 2006, 07:56
same here.a pax once asked for a comments card to complain about me telling him to shut up.he was a business pax & so i put it into perspective,that if he was in a meeting or making an important presentation,he wouldnt want people ignoring him & talking over him.point taken,pax embarassed,comments card no longer required :ok: