PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Sclerosis in the Services - an update

Stan Laver
20th Nov 2006, 20:54
Just to let you all know that monsterski, my challenge to raise funds for Multiple Sclerosis, and in particular the tri-Service Mutual Support Group, has now raised over £20 000 when all the gift aid is taken into account. This is such a significant amount of money, which will do so much good for MS sufferers in the 3 Services. The MS Society has already started to disburse this money to the Mutual Support Group (MSG). The MSG contacted me the other day to say that they had recently received a cheque for over £10 000 from the MS Society; all of this came from contributors to monsterski, including PPRuNers.

I've recently started a web site, www.monsterski.org (http://www.monsterski.org), where you can see a little more about the challenge and will be able to follow how I get on, if you are in any way interested. As suggested by a PPRuNer, we are getting the services of a photographer in Canada who is making a DVD of the challenge.

Moreover, the MS Trust have decided to have their own monsterski in late January 2008. This will be available to anyone who wants to raise some funds for MS skiing 150 000 vertical feet at some fantastic resorts in Colorado. Details will be posted on my monsterski site when they are available shortly.

Continued thanks again to all PPRuNers! I couldn't have done any of this without your support.

Stan Laver