PDA

View Full Version : Universal Stansted

Captain_Adams
20th Nov 2006, 16:19
Keeping an aye on Aviationjobsearch, I have noticed over the past 2 months that there have been a number of vacancies At Universal Stansted. Is there a staffing crisis or something? It seems that the adverts are put out every months for Operations staff. I have heard that the E.O.C Supervisor has quit, anyone know where he is off to?

Just an observation you understand.

chevvron
21st Nov 2006, 09:19
That would explain their record of 'cock ups' when filing flight plans.

valiant1
21st Nov 2006, 12:54
They are expanding. The positions are new.

bacardi walla
22nd Nov 2006, 10:45
Controversial, but yes, the EOC Supervisor has quit. UV EOC will now lose another well respected and experienced member of staff at STN. That's 3 this year from that department alone ! Good luck to the Supervisor though. His departure was sadly on the cards for a long time. Nothing like being pushed is there :confused:

Now, stand back and await incoming !! :ok:

Captain_Adams
25th Nov 2006, 09:21
How can the positions be new when the Supervisor has quit? I see on aviationjobsearch, they are advertising for an E.O.C Manager, is this the supervisors position?

Does anyone have any feedback as to what morale/working conditions are like there? I may have someone in mind. However judging from the last post, I see that there have been a number of resignations, so I suspect things may be at fault here?

I am also interested in the comment 'flight plan cock-ups'. Are they serious in terms of Air Safety?

bacardi walla
25th Nov 2006, 11:22
It's a good place to work and the potential for EOC growth is huge. The product is excellent and the staff have a huge amount of experience. The Supervisor/Manager is the same guy. Big loss for UV and I guess one day, UV HQ will realise it.

Like most FBO's, they have there problems but the EOC is technically not part of the FBO establishment at STN. There are problems yes, but not generated by the EOC itself IMHO.

Captain_Adams
3rd Dec 2006, 10:55
Thanks Bacardi!

Anyone know if this position is still vacant? Anyone from Universal use this forum?

I am still interested in the 'flight plan cock-up' commen though, were they serious ones?

chevvron
3rd Dec 2006, 16:15
Yes they were. My airfield experiences a lot of FPLs apparently filed from Stansted, because departure routings on the FPLs are often those published for Stansted eg via MATCH or BUZAD; my airfield is a considerable distance from Stansted with entirely different standard departure routes which are published in the AIP. This means hectic re-programming of FMS' for the crew when they find they're not being sent on their programmed route, usually in the air in a busy TMA, just when they don't need that type of pressure.
Course if there's another agency at Stansted who generate FPLs then I apologize to Universal. Is there one?