PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria Suspends Four AOCs?

Flying Touareg
19th Nov 2006, 06:27
I gather that the aviation minister has grounded Fresh air,Nicon, Spaceworld and Sosoliso.How true is this story?

Rani
19th Nov 2006, 06:43
Dasab is also grounded. Notice that the action includes a mixture of AOC "suspensions" and "groundings". Meaning it's business as usual :eek: and we can expect some of the tokunbo carriers to be back in the air in no time.

SCE to Aux
19th Nov 2006, 14:43
Now the President has signed the new Civil Aviation Act, I think you'll find the Director General of the NCAA would be the one who took the actions mentioned above. The new Act gives the NCAA autonomy, the Minister no longer has the authority to interfere in safety related matters. With luck, we'll find it's no longer business as usual.

fractional
22nd Nov 2006, 21:58
Nigeria Suspends Four AOCs?
At what a cost...:confused: This VERY late decision (better than never) will not bring back the hundreds that did not make to their destination. Shame! Shame! Shame!:yuk: They better go back to GROUND ZERO too:O.

freefly_rulz
6th Dec 2006, 07:21
Yeah, Sosoliso has 3 aircraft on the ground here in Enugu, and I think this will bring any company close to financial ruins....

The operators and NCAA just need to catch a wake up... Damn....

And train the ATC's better..... Scary stuff here.