View Full Version : Kingfisher Airlines?

Dan Air 87
18th Nov 2006, 19:35
During my trip round India I heard a lot and saw a lot of Kingfisher's aircraft. Someone told me that they are looking to install sleeper seats in their business class on the A321's for 2 hour flights. Gather that they have A340's on order. Can anyone fill me in on this queries?

Love their livery too and if their planes are anything like the beer.....

9Ws
22nd Nov 2006, 07:28
Wide-bodies on order :
5 x A330-200s (first delivery Dec.2007, all 5 by Aug.2008)
5 x A340-500s (first delivery Feb.2008, all 5 by Aug.2008)

In the mean time 319s, 320s, 321s and ATR-72s will continue arriving. Problem is that there is a shortage of Indian pilots and this problem is increasing with the delivery of every aircraft.

Expats, keep a look out for the fast changing rules in India wrt low time F/Os being allowed to fly with airlines in India. And Captains with 500hrs on any of these types will sail in as a Line Captain or as a TRI/TRE if you got the qualifications

:ok:

jumpdrive
24th Nov 2006, 06:56
they also ordered if im not wrong
3 A38O

Pretzel
25th Nov 2006, 14:29
Anybody got an Idea on what their pay and interview is like???

9Ws
25th Nov 2006, 16:55
Yes,

5 x A380s (delayed from 2010 to 2011) and
5 x A350s

...but that's still a few years away.

Salaries are "industry standard" for locals and expats as well.

9Ws
25th Nov 2006, 20:37
All airlines in India are preparing for the government's permission to allow expat F/Os to fly in India.

In anticipation of this change, agencies already have their adverts out for expat F/Os and are gathering CVs to pass on to airlines for interviews.

Wait a while, changes will come. Keep checking agency websites for updates. T&Cs will be good too.

Pretzel
26th Nov 2006, 12:13
All airlines in India are preparing for the government's permission to allow expat F/Os to fly in India.

In anticipation of this change, agencies already have their adverts out for expat F/Os and are gathering CVs to pass on to airlines for interviews.

Wait a while, changes will come. Keep checking agency websites for updates. T&Cs will be good too.

I have been hearing about this ... is it really true?!? any idea when the DGCA will allow expat F/Os on to the jets without having to convert their licences?! I mean the process at the moment is long and drawn out.. between medicals, exams and R/T tests and check rides... it all adds up at the end of the day!

jumpdrive
26th Nov 2006, 16:37
lights on
-all piltos , or almost all they hire R through brokers, except some key positions, that R direct w/KF
-there is not time frame for interviews, they just appear all of the sudden
-they dont hire foreign f/o's, so there is no standard to talk about for f/o's............sorry
for the time being its just capts', with at least 5OO pic on type