PDA

View Full Version : Stewardess/female flight attendant uniforms

Cliff
18th Nov 2006, 15:12
Maybe some of you on Pprune already know about my uniform collection, most of you probably don't.
My name is Cliff, I fly for KLM and I collect stewardess uniforms and accessories. At the moment my collection contains 592 different uniforms from various airlines. Check out my website at www.uniformfreak.com

My question: is there anyone out there who maybe has an old stewardess uniform available for my collection? If you can help, please contact me through my website or send me a private message. Your help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks very much,
regards,

Cliff

flyblue
20th Nov 2006, 20:22
For those who have not heard of Cliff's collection (were you living on Mars??? ;) ), it has had a lot of attention from international media (from Time magazine to the German TV and several newspapers and magazines) for its uniqueness and interest. Lots of uniforms that would otherwise have been forgotten, some from now defunct companies, have found a new life there.
If you have an old uniform, instead of keeping it to rot in a closet, give it a new life and donate it to Cliff (I have! :))

sebby
20th Nov 2006, 20:52
Have known about your website for a long time, Cliff and think its fantastic.

Keep it up!! :ok:

AeroflotMan
21st Nov 2006, 05:49
Cliff
this is S7's airlines uniform http://g.foto.radikal.ru/0611/73c8470c8240.jpg (Russia). if you wish i can give pic Aeroflot Russian airlines and transaero.
my e-mail [email protected]

Cliff
22nd Nov 2006, 13:00
Flyblue, what would I do without you! :ok: Thanks!
AeroflotMan, thank for the link and if you have more pictures, please do send them. It would be nice if you could find me the real uniforms though ;)

Cliff
4th Dec 2006, 21:24
Come on, people....please help!!! ;)

tonix2003
5th Dec 2006, 07:13
wow i was reading about you yesterday, i love the websire. Very interesting. Ill see if i anyone that has any old uniform. Keep up the great work

Cliff
4th Feb 2007, 18:55
Dear pprune members,

My stewardess uniform collection contains 617 different uniforms from various airlines. Recently I obtained the current pink First Choice uniform, but the scarf is missing. Is there anyone out here who is able to help me find the missing scarf???

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Cliff
www.uniformfreak.com

vodkaholic
4th Feb 2007, 20:52
Cliff, why don't you have any male uniforms on there?

Cliff
4th Feb 2007, 22:07
Vodkaholic, I believe male uniforms are not as interesting as female uniforms. I find male uniforms a bit boring, most of them are blue or black suits.....nothing special. Female uniforms come in various colours and there are different accessories. There is no space available in my apartment for male uniforms because I need all the space I have to stow my female uniforms. ;)

Thanks!
Cliff

vodkaholic
4th Feb 2007, 22:14
Aww that is such a shame. I do agree with you though, female uniforms are more interesting to look at. But I would love to see some of the male uniforms for some of the airlines you show. It's difficult to even find pictures of male CC for some of those airlines...still, it's a great collection nonetheless!! well done!

Virginia
5th Feb 2007, 11:29
You can have my easyJet uniform when we get our new suits :) Love your site.

Cliff
5th Feb 2007, 20:14
Thanks Virginia. You know where to find me!

oldflyboy
5th Feb 2007, 21:24
Cliff, do you have any of the old i.e late 60's uniforms? I flew with British European Airways at Heathrow then and the girls wore a very '60's outfit, A line dress n jackets in winter, round necked blouses and short skirts in the summer, with a great hat! Ahh, happy days! And I had friends in Court Line based at Luton, Mary Quant uniforms with cheese cloth shirts!

Oldflyboy.

Cliff
6th Feb 2007, 12:56
The late 60s? BEA? No, unfortunately I don't have anything from BEA. I do have the early 1970s BA uniform. One of my favourites!