PDA

View Full Version : Start date

gipilot
17th Nov 2006, 10:39
Hey guys,

I had my final interview done in July 2006 for DEFO(europe base) and luckily all went well. BUT I was informed during the interview that I must expect a start date around the beginning of the second quarter 2007(which is a long wait but ok).

Now I've been informed that it will even take LONGER that I should expect a start date in the middle of the 3rd quarter 2007.

How long did it take you guys or the average pilot at Cathay to start at the company? Is Cathay still in need of so many pilots, are they planning everybody about a year ahead or more for course start dates?

I've also heard that type rated guys on the 747 or other heavy equipment get priority in the holding pool, is that a fact? Cause then I know that my wait will probably be much longer.

Thank you in advance guys.

gipilot
17th Nov 2006, 16:35
I took Paris and Frankfurt on the second choice.

Of course DEFO Cargo.

Does anybody have any other info on the time to start date at Cathay?

Thanks

chamonixskier
17th Nov 2006, 17:03
Just found out last night i got hired as DESO, told me to expect a 3 month notice and not to expect anything until 4th quarter 2007!!!!

machten
19th Nov 2006, 00:44
Just found out last night i got hired as DESO, told me to expect a 3 month notice and not to expect anything until 4th quarter 2007!!!!

Also got hired as DESO! We might end up in the same class dude.

dhoonk
23rd Nov 2006, 00:28
How long did it take you guys or the average pilot at Cathay to start at the company?

Six months to a year depending on several factors.

I've also heard that type rated guys on the 747 or other heavy equipment get priority in the holding pool, is that a fact?

Not true. Successful candidates will be offered start dates in chronological order of their final interviews.

mayday911
23rd Nov 2006, 15:59
Successful candidates will be offered start dates in chronological order of their final interviews.

Not true...a few pilots that interviewed after me started before me. Who knows how they decide which candidate get in first.

Mayday

barntrash
23rd Nov 2006, 17:29
2nd interview June 06, class Dec 06

dhoonk
26th Nov 2006, 00:22
Not true...a few pilots that interviewed after me started before me. Who knows how they decide which candidate get in first.
Mayday

Hmmm.... I wonder why that would be.

Did they require you to provide additional medical information prior to their telling you that you were successful? If so, that delay could actually push you further down the queue.

mayday911
26th Nov 2006, 00:44
No medical delay or anything of the sort. All of us were based at either JFK or LAX as well.

Mayday

caribpilotatr
26th Nov 2006, 03:03
OK I'm not trying to cause doubt but all the new hire DEFO DESO don't seem to be starting until a few months after 2007. Does this have anything to do do with the AOA vote (majority voted no) to starting a new "C" pay-scale for new-hires after 2007? I think it was about less pay and less vacation. Could someone newly hired share their employment contract basics? Is the company abiding by the "NO" vote

Another question, all the new DEFO. Are you all under one company "Cathay Pacific" or is the cargo side considered some separate identity (ASL), or was this something in the past that doesn't apply anymore? :uhoh:

I'mbatman
26th Nov 2006, 05:53
Also got hired as DESO! We might end up in the same class dude.

Did you guys apply and interview for DESO or DEFO?

burgerbun
26th Nov 2006, 07:57
Did you guys apply and interview for DESO or DEFO?

Hey Batman,

I've got 2 friends who went for Cx DEFO interview process 2 years ago and 3 months ago, but were offered a DESO position in HKG, one took it :D , the other one not :ooh: ...

Hope your return trip was enjoyable ;) ...