PDA

View Full Version : Air Arabia

Texasishy
5th Jul 2006, 10:22
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on Air Arabia. I have an interview with them and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the interview. Infact any information would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks all

fractional
5th Jul 2006, 17:44
Search this Forum and he will find some information.

sweetrain
5th Jul 2006, 19:50
are u applying for cabin crew position?.....its nice and friendly staff,management is good ,go ahead...if u need more info pm me pls:ok:

Hansol
7th Jul 2006, 06:48
new growing business 7 x airbus 320 with 2 more coming this year and 2 next.

inverter
7th Jul 2006, 11:49
hey texasishy. :sad: u hv not mentioned what u applied for?? flight or cabin??

atchoum
3rd Aug 2006, 08:48
hey sweetrain, Friendly environment:mad: are you OK??
most of the crew says it's the most unhealthy environment, they still have to learn from the other airlines,
PLZ compare the crew in airarbai with other crew??

Hansol
3rd Aug 2006, 11:24
Acthoum - what do you mean unhealthy ? New aeroplanes, interesting varied destinations, India, Eqypt, Saudi, UAE, Sri lanka, Turkey, etc etc

sweetrain
3rd Aug 2006, 13:04
atchoum i dont know if you ever worked with air arabia ,but i must say that this is great airline to work with ,i dont know what you mean by unhealthy???but compare with other airline in the gulf u will find the friendliest staff there,:D

atchoum
5th Aug 2006, 09:32
hey guys, come on it is not flying at all just take off and landings, there nothing nice or interesting in that, the most interesting part of being a crew, is flying the world staying in 05 stars, layovers... if this is not avail with airarabia, what are you there for?? doing a sandwich service for less than 15 minutes...
i have the feeliong that you don't know nothing about real aviation, come on wake up and face the reality,
also most of the crew are embarrased to say they are flying airarabia, they feel reduce and diminished when they are with other airline crew!!

safeflyer2006
22nd Aug 2006, 11:53
Does Air Arabia, Sharjah, employ female pilots?

concordino
22nd Aug 2006, 15:14
Although i am not an insider... i have heard an Air Arabia female voice on the radio on more than one occasion...:)

yardman
22nd Aug 2006, 15:52
Yes they do.

busdriver22
22nd Aug 2006, 16:02
Yes they do, i believe they have a few femail pilots now.
As i recall correctly they became famous for employing first femail pilot in the UAE, was all over the news papers.

Islander Jock
22nd Aug 2006, 17:42
What's the go with flights being cancelled between DXB and KBL?

Rumour has it scAriana and their ground crews stiching up the operations and causing delays.

Are they gonna sort this **** out or should we cancel our bookings and go back to UNHAS

Terd Furguson
22nd Aug 2006, 18:07
4 at present....1 Colombian, 2 Jamaican and 1 Irish. All very pleasant and nice to fly with. 1 will leave shortly to go to Emirates. We will miss her professionalism. Best of Luck!:D

NISHTA
23rd Aug 2006, 04:00
Let me remind you of some NOTAMS issued for Kabul airport.
Interesting read for an International Airport??!!
:ugh:
A0641/06 - ILS OUT OF SERVICE. 31 MAY 15:50 UNTIL PERM
:sad:
'A1024/06 - DME AT KABUL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS OUT OF SERVICE. 22 AUG 11:00 UNTIL 22 NOV 23:59'
A1023/06 - VOR AT KABUL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS OUT OF SERVICE. 22 AUG 11:00 UNTIL 22 NOV 23:59
:{
A0981/06 - KABUL APPROACH RADAR CONTROL IS OUT OF SERVICE DUE TO MAINTENANCE. BAGRAM APPROACH CONTROL WILL ASSUME THE AIRSPACE AND PROVIDE APPROACH CONTROL SERVICES FOR KABUL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. 17 AUG 23:59 UNTIL 07 SEP 23:59
:eek:
A1022/06 - QXXXX THE KABUL AREA CONTROL CENTER IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE SERVICES DUE TO RADIO FAILURE. ADJACENT AREA CONTROL CENTERS ARE PROVIDING PROCEDURAL SEPERATION FOR ALL AIRCRAFT ENTERING AFGHANISTAN AIRSPACE. LEVEL CHANGES ARE NOT PERMITTED WHILE IN THE KABUL FIR. LIMITED VHF RADIO SERVICE MAY BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 80 MILES OF KABUL. TIBA BROADCAST PROCEDURE SHALL APPLY ON 128.5. WIE UNTIL UFN
I would assume that Air Arabia SOP's do not allow crew to operate into purely VFR airports (which Kabul currently is - and WX is coming).
Would be interesting to see what happens next...
:D

HighSpeedApp
23rd Aug 2006, 06:53
Sure do. I was surprised to see in the period of 5mins at OMSJ two of their first officers being female. I almost wondered if there are any male F/Os

NISHTA
23rd Aug 2006, 08:20
Air Arabia Flights to Kabul
The Air Arabia flights have been cancelled for 24th and 25th Aug 2006.
On Saturday they do not have any flight.
For coming Sunday's flights, it is doubtful, and decision will be made on Saturday 26/08/2006 to cancel or start their flights again.
:=

Islander Jock
24th Aug 2006, 14:34
and to make matters worse, the comm outage was caused by some plonker leaving his ECM eqpt turned on at the terminal, then parking and leaving his car.

ArabianDawg
26th Aug 2006, 16:41
Air Arabia Flights to Kabul
The Air Arabia flights have been cancelled for 24th and 25th Aug 2006.
On Saturday they do not have any flight.
For coming Sunday's flights, it is doubtful, and decision will be made on Saturday 26/08/2006 to cancel or start their flights again.
:=

Air Arabia flights to KBL are resuming from Sunday, now that VOR-DME at KBL airport is back online

puff m'call
28th Aug 2006, 18:31
I belive EK is now open to female applications with no restrictions.

And about time too. :ok:

So come on girls, get the CV's dusted down!!!! :)

global707
1st Sep 2006, 07:20
Hi Guys & Gals
I have had a look but am unable to find any info on the site. Does anyone have any info on when Air Arabia might be taking on pilots again? I am Bus rated and the last time I spoke with HR, they said no intake until October/November. Does anyone have any update on that?
Cheers
:8

magnum44
2nd Nov 2006, 03:35
Can anyone tell me what the process with Air Arabia, I have posted my application through their website but nobody at Air Arabia seems to care by at least replying. I understand the HR Manager and their team are good people and friendly staff, but at least give us feed back. And what is the age limit of employment at Air Arabia?:confused:

airmemphis
3rd Nov 2006, 15:56
Why have G9 cancelled SSH flights?

inverter
4th Nov 2006, 19:18
hi airmemphis, what is SSH or do you mean SAH??
please advise.
regards
INV:ok:

inverter
4th Nov 2006, 19:37
hey goldenboy,
check your PM.
goodluck with the stuff dude

airmemphis
4th Nov 2006, 23:07
hi airmemphis, what is SSH or do you mean SAH??
please advise.
regards

SSH=Sharm El Sheikh Airport (Egypt).

They seem to have cancelled their flights to the Egyptian resort and Jordanian resort of Aqaba.

Flights operated Sharjah-Aqaba-Sharm El Sheikh-Sharjah on a twice weekly basis.

dxba330
12th Nov 2006, 04:57
Heard this weekend that Air Arabia increased the bond for the guys they give a type rating to, from 3 years now to 5 years ! And also now any one joining Air Arabia with a type rating has to sign a contract saying they will not go to any other UAE airline for 3 years!

Great way to stop the pilots from leaving, but what kind of pilots will that attract?

sinala1
12th Nov 2006, 22:23
Did you hand over your passport photos and copies of your passport/certificates etc? If so, I suggest you get them back asap...

Flying Mechanic
16th Nov 2006, 12:22
so the guys who pay for their type ratings and dont get paid for 6 month while they are line training.....what sort of bond do they sign?

dxba330
17th Nov 2006, 04:42
Hey Cameltoe, why did you change your reply? you had said some other stuff about management and the company, but now it is just a one line response?

gekko
17th Nov 2006, 09:38
hey all!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me something about the work conditions (FCM) at Air Arabia?
How is flying with this company? Autopilot flying or are there also manual approaches flown? How is the atmosphere, the organisation...?
All remarks, would be very welcome!
Many thanks and best regards!

Lovebird 25
16th Jun 2007, 14:58
This message goes to atchoum or whatever you call it.
I’m one the first crew in Air Arabia. I’ve been very happy in this company for over past three and a half years . It’s such a great feeling to see how Air Arabia achieved so much in such a short period of time. It’s because we don’t have such a loser like you there! I hope you stay wherever you are, we don’t’ need a narrow minded person like you. FYI the crew is fantastic and they never let you down, if you ask for help during the flights. Air Arabia is very friendly environment and very relaxed place to work in. Yes, we don’t have layovers, but who cares? I come home and sleep in my own bed in my house, which I would never replace with any 5 star hotel rooms. In UAE there are so many things to explore, if you’re an adventurous person and like to take a challenge, then it’s the right place to be.

Cheers everyone and happy landings…

Lovebird 25
16th Jun 2007, 15:43
Hey goldenboy, you sound really a nice person. Wish you all the best. Let me know what you're up to, I'll be glad if I can help you somehow.

Capital_Priest
26th Aug 2007, 21:51
From an Ex-Air Arabia employee, I am not sure if what you've posted is all true. The flights are as frustrating and boring, people are being dragged to fly and they are so worn out-you worry about safety.
I have left this airline to do some thing else in my life but flying for airarabia will not be a on my list because I don't feel safe.
The management looks good, but they want you to work when they want and only work when they want. How many hours of sleep did you have this week? ... little? OF:mad:COURSE because you were bored to death on your third back-to-back!
wake up, what I mentioned is only bits of my list of "why i quit":ugh: