PDA

View Full Version : Kiwipacific??

ZK-DAN
14th Nov 2006, 06:02
Is this for real? Or is someone having a laugh? :=

WhatPilotShortage
14th Nov 2006, 06:18
At midday today Scoop NZ reported a start up airline based in Nelson called Kiwi Pacific. The company name is reserved but not yet registered so it doesnt show any directors. Their aircraft fleet is said to be F27, B737, Metros and J32's. Does anyone know anything about them?:confused:

Howard Hughes
14th Nov 2006, 06:23
From what I am hearing on this side of the ditch, it sounds like it may happen...

ZK-DAN
14th Nov 2006, 06:49
OzJet involved? With the TTMRA act passed for AOC's now they could just set up shop here any time.

remoak
14th Nov 2006, 07:27
Domain name registered by a Nelson based internet company... now why does this sound like a reincarnation of Origin....

Cloud Cutter
14th Nov 2006, 07:32
Judging by the fleet, there seems to be an Airwork connection.

ZK-DAN
14th Nov 2006, 07:36
You would think that but no. Our F27's are freight only and fully committed to Air Post flying, no passenger F27's on the horizon. Pretty much the same goes for the Metro's although they are able to be configured as passenger aircraft as is NQC.
Definitely not Airwork!

international hog driver
14th Nov 2006, 10:09
Looks like the tie up with Ozjet as mentioned in another thread.

Ewan Wilson........ oh dear, I wont start again.

I especially like this bit on the web site......

"Ewan played a key role in Origin's ongoing survival"
Mike Pero, Director Of Marketing, Origin Pacific

Now just remind me what happend to Origin again..... that right. :eek:

Howard Hughes
14th Nov 2006, 19:31
Domain name registered by a Nelson based internet company... now why does this sound like a reincarnation of Origin....
Sounds like the usual suspects to me...;)

regulateyou
14th Nov 2006, 22:50
Hey Howard Hughes what have you heard on your side of the Tasman, I can't find anything out over here but the press release looks like writing Ive seen before from OP

pressed_on
14th Nov 2006, 23:29
Did a search on these guys on here and can't find anything about them. Press release says:
KIWI PACIFIC ANNOUNCES PASSENGER, FREIGHT AND CHARTER OPERATIONS
New Zealand's new regional airline, Nelson based Kiwi Pacific is pleased to announce the commence of passenger, freight and charter airline operations from early December 2006.
The airline will offer booking online, over the phone and via travel agents. Kiwi Pacific will fly between New Zealand's major cities and surrounding destinations such as Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington, Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin. Charter and freight flights will be available at almost all New Zealand airports.
After the closure of the only main competitive regional airline earlier this year, a gap has been left in the regional carrier market and Kiwi Pacific intends to take to the skies and offer competition with affordable flights for all New Zealanders.
The airline is using British Aerospace Jetstream, Fairchild Metroliner and Boeing 737 aircraft for passenger flights and Fokker Friendship aircraft for freight flights. The Jetstream’s feature leather seating, air conditioning and are designed to offer a relaxed environment for travellers. The Boeing aircraft will offer economy and business class flights between main centres, which will be New Zealand’s only airline to offer domestic business class seats.
Kiwi Pacific is looking forward to the first flight commencing early December 2006.
Anyone know who's behind this, any more info? Also if any recruiting will be needed? I hear that the majority of Origins guys are gone. First thoughts are of Airwork or Air National? Maybe they're just using their aircraft? Anywho hope it works out for them, more jobs for all.
pressed_on

LocoDriver
15th Nov 2006, 00:11
The Nelson Mail was reporting the same thing in todays issue.

Sounds interesting, always good to have competition.
Since Origins demise, fares on the Auckland -Nelson sector,
for some strange reason, are a lot higher than before!

:E :E

Speeds high
15th Nov 2006, 00:32
Come on ZK-DAN, share with the boys, what ya know?

Dogimed
15th Nov 2006, 00:41
ID: 124
Name: Mark XXXXXXXX
City/State: Kerikeri, Northland
Email: nochance.com
Interests: FS6 & 5.1 . I'll fly any interesting plane. I'm a member of V.A. Kiwi Pacific Airlines. I have a PPL, nearly 200 hours, and enjoy being able to get a little "loose" with FS, things you can't do in real life! I've dabbled with repainting planes ( for Kiwi Pacific ).
Now I have to add more characters...

pakeha-boy
15th Nov 2006, 00:51
Kiwi Pacific........New Zealand Railways.....why do we even bother????..we may fill the gap,but we will certainly screw anybody that works for us....it was bound to happen...it will be a rags to riches for those that are lucky enough to gain employment...I am sure of that..hatu-patu...PB:ugh:

flyby_kiwi
15th Nov 2006, 01:09
"Fairchild Metroliner"
"Boeing 737"
"Fokker Friendship"
"passenger, freight and charter"

Sounds suspiciously like airwork to me with the addition of one of Origins...

"British Aerospace Jetstream"

Good on them for giving it ago but is any of it going to be scheduled? :uhoh: Hopefully gets off to a better start than an earlier attempt trying to do Fiji charters with Flight Centre.

pakeha-boy
15th Nov 2006, 01:27
Good on them for giving it ago..

Yeah mate! thats what I said,...only,my gut feeling(and I may be wrong:} ) is that ,those responsible will be upstanding pillars of the community,will do the right thing,...dah.. dah dah.. dah dah...

the writing is on the wall!!!!....come on mate!!!! you need to go back to several posts written by Haughty 1.....the reason(s) most of us left to go offshore are because in essence ....it is so very hard to make a go of it in kiwi and treat your employees right!!!.

....how many times have we thrashed this subject on this forum...(a couple I reckon)....others kiwi airlines dont like to see start-ups do well...why ...it,s called having a monopoloy......and if these smaller jobs do well,it,s because those in the bigger airlines have their fingers in the pie,....and its because it is easier for these entities take the "fall" rather than themselves.....

Dont get me wrong...I admire the man/women with the "balls" to have a go!!but as with Origin...I rest my case...PB

affirm
15th Nov 2006, 03:13
"...... Pacific New Zealands Regional Airline" now where have I heard that before? I hope that British Aerospace Jetstream isn't a crappy JS31 - what are the chances!
By the way has any one seen my holiday pay? I know I left it around here somewhere?:hmm:

dudduddud
15th Nov 2006, 09:02
The chap's name is Lamar Hargreaves. He owns a Nelson Internet company.

He says he has the backing of a licenced operator but will not name them (think we all know who that's going to be).

Civil Aviation Authority and Nelson Airport say they have never heard of him or Kiwi Pacific.

tinpis
16th Nov 2006, 00:41
Lamar....Lamar....Lamar.....:hmm: hmmm where I run across dat name in Ozzy GA somtime :confused:

Shredder6
16th Nov 2006, 00:47
[QUOTE][/Civil Aviation Authority and Nelson Airport say they have never heard of him or Kiwi Pacific.QUOTE]

Neither has Airwork according to this morning's Dom...

...sorry, can't believe it 'till I see the gap between the nosewheel and the sky

remoak
16th Nov 2006, 05:15
What is it with you guys?

This is clearly a bold new initiative by a consortium of aviation experts. They are well-financed, tooled up, and ready to claim the NZ skies in the name of free enterprise.

We know they are experts by the shrewd choice of aircraft that they are bringing to the operation. NZ is lucky that they have managed to source these quality airframes from a Congolese boneyard. I mean, the Jetstreams have "air conditioning" and everything (does that mean that the pilots have to fly with the quarter windows open?)

Give them a break. We are about to see the birth of a mighty force in aviation, that will last a thousand years. There will be jobs for all of us, with Junior F/Os starting on 150K. There will be no roster disruption, no night-stopping, and nobody will ever be asked to bend the rules.

Can't wait... I've already applied. :D:D:D

Howard Hughes
16th Nov 2006, 10:21
Hey Howard Hughes what have you heard on your side of the Tasman, I can't find anything out over here but the press release looks like writing Ive seen before from OP
You could be on to something there...;)

Thump & Go
25th Nov 2006, 05:13
Jeez, someone give the guy a comma!!!

T & G

ps: what does the first 'P' stand for again?

WilliamOK
25th Nov 2006, 05:40
A little off topic, what about this AirSkyWorld startup? I saw something in the paper about and can't find anything on it since. Plus I havent heard of this Kiwi Pacific. You'd think if the CAA said they haven't heard anything about it then it possibly wouldn't be real. I can't see them being coy about something like this; there would be no reason for it. Its a bit like that guy up in QLD who said he was going to start flying with F50s and MD-80 under the the 'Ansett Regional Airlines'. Where will they be getting the aircraft from?

Just my 2c. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Romeo Delta
25th Nov 2006, 20:34
As for Kiwi Pacific, anyone heard of Nexxus? :hmm: